“Great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This resort was such a pleasant surprise for my husband and I when we visited HHI for the first time last weekend! Everything was very clean and very COMFORTABLE. My husband may not have noticed, but I sure appreciated how soft and luxurious the linens and even the bath towels were! Our room location was awesome, and we loved that the Tiki Bar was right there (honestly one of the best hamburgers I've ever had!) ... the beach itself was beautiful and huge ... the pool, the indoor bar and restaurant ... everything was so accessible that you really don't need to leave the resort!

We did feel as though the front desk staff (being that they are the first point-of-contact for the resort) could be a little more outgoing and friendly, but we were greeted warmly and consistantly by all the other staff members everywhere on the grounds.

All in all, we feel as though this is DEFINITELY a resort we will visit again! This was just a short visit, but next time we hope to stay long enough to enjoy more of the beautiful area.

Room Tip: 5th floor oceanfront -- PERFECT!!! Takes a little longer for hot water to reach you, but worth it...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Susan B:

I'm very pleased and honored that you and your husband chose the Beach House for your first visit to Hilton Head Island. I'm also happy to know how much you enjoyed the Resort and that we were able to help the two of you enjoy your time together. Thank you for taking time to post such a complimentary and helpful review. Our Housekeeping Manager works very hard to ensure her team meets our cleanliness standards and she takes a lot of pride in the results of her team; your compliments on the cleanliness of the property are very appreciated.

Prior to reading your review, I personally meet with the entire Front Desk Team yesterday to provide some needed encouragement and training to help them better understand how important it is that they, as the first and last impression of our resort, always impress our guests with their genuine friendliness. Your letter will be very helpful at reinforcing my message.

Thanks for posting the wonderful pictures of the views from your room........the view from these rooms is quite stunning! We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Jeff Elseser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Beach House In Hilton Head SC was very disappointing to me. We had a patio room right at the Tikki Hut and we were never advised that music was played at a very loud level til all hours of the night, air conditioner in room sounded like a freight train when turning on or off. The resturant only serves a very limited menu and is very expensive. The waitress at the Marker 59 lounge was quite rude, and so was the housekeeping lady at the front desk on Sunday morning.. We did enjoy watching the sunrise on the beach Sunday morning it was very pretty, the pool was dirty we went to set by pool and put our feet in and the bottom was dirty. The rooms are spacious and would be accomadating for a family of 4 . Overall i was very disappointed in our one night stay, I will say that Kendra was very sweet and kind ..

Dear Kara N:

I truly believe that Trip Advisor serves as a very helpful and informative resource for guests searching for the perfect get-away or vacation destination. I also believe that Trip Advisor is equally beneficial for the properties themselves, as it provides valuable feedback from guests. I use this feedback to celebrate when we are successful at providing a memorable experience for our guests and also use this feedback to help improve our processes and service so that we can continually improve the experience we provide our guests. In addition, I believe that Trip Advisor provides an opportunity for me to reach out to guests that have departed as well as to those guests who read the reviews and have yet to arrive. I'm disappointed that our lengthy phone conversation regarding your stay did not result in the positive outcome I thought it had. At check-in we provided the complimentary upgrade to a Patio room as you requested, which is located in front of the Tiki Hut. As I mentioned during our conversation, there are 24 other rooms in front of the Tiki Hut and we end our live music each night at 10:00pm so the guests in those rooms are not disturbed at a late hour. After telling me you felt that that time was still too late to be playing music, you asked me for a discount on your IHG employee discounted room rate of $95 (more than 50% off) and, after apologizing for the inconvenience, I told you that I would reduce your rate to only $59, which you graciously thanked me for. I was confused when you replied to my follow-up apology email with a message that your husband was demanding I credit your entire bill, to which I politely explained that I had adjusted the amount you earlier agreed was more than acceptable. I wish you would have mentioned the A/C noise, dirty pool, rude server and housekeeper, or limited menu issues when we spoke on the phone for more than 15 minutes, although you mentioned you've worked as a Front Desk agent at a Holiday Inn Express since April. Regardless, I'm regretful that the lively vibe at the Beach House wasn't a better fit for your trip to Hilton Head and that you didn't enjoy your stay as much as you had hoped. I thank you for the kind comments about our Front Desk Manager, Kendra. She and her team do a terrific job and I'm happy to have the opportunity to work with them. I hope that you will consider visiting our Resort again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The beach house is in the perfect location of Hilton Head. The staff as very friendly and helpful and the rooms had a really nice upscale decor. The Tiki Hut was fun and the pool was really nice. If you want a nice hotel and a great location this is perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Travel3069:

Thank you for visiting the Beach House during your recent trip to Hilton Head. I'm happy to know your stay was so enjoyable and I appreciate the wonderful compliments and recommendation. I always enjoy reading reviews posted by Trip Advisor Senior Contributors because these reviews are typically objective in nature and paint a very accurate picture of the establishments reviewed. I read your many other reviews of restaurants on Hilton Head that you visited during your stay and found them to be very much on point........I really enjoy Bomboras Restaurant as well. Thanks again for choosing our Resort and we hope to have you back as our guest in the near future!

Lexington, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very disappointing accommodations. Beach front view 70% blocked by trees and buildings. Room size smaller than most Holiday Inn Express rooms, bathroom even smaller. Furnishings missing - no desk/table, chairs, easy chair. Hotel maintenance equipment left in room, never removed during stay despite request that it be removed. Room and hall carpets dingy and dirty. Hotel restaurant shut down "for renovations" mid week, with no notification to guests. Zero staff action taken on providing missing furnishings, and removing maintenance equipment. Restaurant service on the one day it was open for breakfast, was slow, most food arrived cold or luke warm at best.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear gil s:

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing in so many ways, but I do appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. This feedback is always very helpful in our efforts to continually refine our service processes and ensure our guests enjoy their Beach House experience. Obviously your experience was negatively impacted by several service miscues that our Leadership Team will review. Our staff is trained to always follow our well designed processes that ensure all guest requests are logged, quickly responded to, and followed up with a call back to ensure guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, our guest request log doesn't contain any requests to remove tools, replace missing furniture, or view concerns. Hopefully, you can contact me directly at the email below to provide more details so I can ensure our processes are being followed. I did notice your original reservation was for an Ocean View room, which is the room type you were assigned. The four Ocean View rooms we have are wonderful rooms with lateral views of the ocean, but indeed these views are slightly obstructed by an oak tree and our Tiki Hut. However, these four lower priced rooms are very popular with guests who want to enjoy lateral views of the ocean, as well as front row seats for our live entertainment at the Tiki Hut each night.....I'm sorry this wasn't your preference. I'm somewhat confused by your comments that mention the restaurant being closed for renovations and only open one day. Our renovations are not scheduled to begin until late November and our restaurant has been opened every day for all three meal periods since we purchased the Resort back in March. Hopefully, you will be able to email as requested and provide some clarification on this as well. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you directly so I can better understand your experiences and hope that I can earn the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Jeff Elseser, jeff.elseser@thebeachhousehhi.com
Hilton Head Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our first stay at the Holiday Inn Beach House Resort. We visit HHI each October,and The Beach House will be our new vacation resort.
The Resort has oceanfront beach access just steps from the patio rooms. The pool is large, and also has a kids pool.
The Tiki Hut serves drinks and foods outside all day and night with live entertainment and a beautiful beach view.
Coligny Beach entrance is just steps away. And Coligney shopping plaza is huge. Too many shops to see them all. Just 3 minute walk from the Resort.
We recommend you stay here next time you visit . I know we will.

• Stayed October 2013
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear harrispg01:

It was a joy to read your review and learn that your first Beach House experience was so wonderful. I'm honored to know that we have earned your loyalty as a repeat guest and look forward to the opportunity to provide memorable experiences for you and your family for many years to come! Thanks for choosing our Resort and taking time to post such a terrific review.

We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Lancaster, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights at The Beach House in October 2013. It is as advertised and deserves no criticism. It is a nice hotel in a great location. The pros are great location right on the Beach, friendly staff , reasonable rates some with a free breakfast, a Tiki bar on the Beach with entertainment, a clean comfortable room and restaurants and shopping right next door. Cons - I can't think of any. Our stay was very enjoyable.

Dear Jdeck115:

Many thanks to you and your wife for choosing the Beach House during your recent visit to Hilton Head Island. I want to thank you for taking time to post such a supportive review pointing out all the "pros" our Resort has to offer. It's always very rewarding to read a review that describes how much our guests enjoyed their stay and mentions our friendly staff, clean rooms, and incredible location. We believe our Resort offers guests a unique authentic "beach" experience, where they can enjoy our relaxed ambiance, and the genuine friendliness of our staff, which is often a rare combination to find. We look forward to having you back as our guests again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Hilton Head can be quite expensive, but this property by Holiday Inn offers comfortable accommodations right on the beach at a reasonable price. It's a real find! We paid extra for a room facing out to sea, which was well worth it. We were up on the fifth floor and had a beautiful view. We left the balcony door open all nigh and slept to the sounds of the ocean. We didn't try the Tiki Bar ourselves, but everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Dear Wanderlust777:

It's a real honor to read such a complimentary review posted by a Trip Advisor Top Contributor.....thank you for taking the time to describe your Beach House experience for so many others to read. I thought your comments captured the true essence of the Beach House as the island's most authentic beach experience, when you described how you "kept your door open during the night as you slept to the sounds of the ocean". The opportunity to listen to the waves at night, walk on the beach just steps away from the pool, watch the volleyball players while listening to live music at our Tiki Hut, taking in all the shops across the street at Coligny Plaza, highlighted by the genuine friendliness of our staff, collectively create the Beach House experience so many of our guests come back for year after year.

Thanks for choosing the Beach House and we hope to have you back again soon!

Jeff Elseser

Been to Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!