“Amazing worker, Fifth” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Hilton Head
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Amazing worker, Fifth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I can not brag on every one of the workers but one in particular made up for all the rest!! Fifth was in charge of the pool games for kids during our stay 4th of July week. He did such an amazing job! He really showed his love for the kids and what he was doing. Fifth went out of his way to help 2 boys who were not very strong swimmers. He made sure they were able to get some of the ducks he was throwing out and helped them get back to the side of the pool. I was very impressed with what a wonderful job he did! He was a real blessing to watch.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an ocean view room early or you just get to look at the parking lot. And there...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear anperez1:

We appreciate your choice to stay at our resort to help celebrate Independence day earlier this month. Fith is truly an asset to our resort and his passion for pleasing guests is second to none. I'm thankful for all your kind comments describing how impressed you were with his direction of our guest activities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Jeff Elseser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My girlfriends and I decided to go on a well deserved beach vacation recently, and I decided that we stay at this hotel. It was advertised as a spacious resort with many dining and entertainment options. During my stay, I was disappointed at how this hotel caters 110% to the family guests, and leaves everyone else in the dust. Activities were centered around children and even the 'fun stuff' started early in the evening (6:30pm). The pool was littered with children in diapers, while single adults were told they could not bring small coolers in the area (or have any adult fun for that matter - no swearing!). Dining was pathetic - the only options are hot dogs and hamburgers at the pool, or an overpriced seated area that was a pass-through to the pool. Night life was hanging out at the Tiki Bar having gross locals hit on us, when we really just wanted to be left alone.

I will say that the staff (with the exception of the front desk) was amazing. Clearly overworked, but SO nice. The rooms were nice as well.

In summary, if you are a younger person with no children, do not stay here. You will be very much annoyed and disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms with a beach view are loud as they overlook the pool and bar with the live music.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Amarie1107,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is good to know you found our rooms to be of comfort and staff to be friendly. However, I regret that dining was a disappointment. We will work on addressing this issue you have raised in your review and I appreciate your feedback as this is our best means of doing so.

Again, thank you for your review and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greeneville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The only thing that could have made our stay here any better would have been to have a kitchen!! Lol. The kids had a blast playing in the ocean, then coming up to the pool to find themselves going back to the ocean again. And the crowds were nothing compared to what we were used to at Myrtle Beach. You are within walking distance to some cute little shops and restaurants. Piggly Wiggly was the hit of the week cause they had all that we needed!! Will definitely be staying in Hilton Head again!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear mommaroe:

Thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Beach House Resort. It sounds like the Beach House was a lot of fun for your children and I'm glad you didn't actually have to cook while on vacation! The next time you come back I'm sure you will be happy with all the improvements we have planned for this fall, including the addition of our new Executive Chef arriving in September......he's also a pastry chef so plan to enjoy some incredible breakfast pastries at our coffee bar each morning. We look forward to having you back soon!

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We just returned from our HHI vacation and I wanted to offer some feedback on this resort for future travelers. It is in a good location - walking distance to some restaurants and shopping. The guestrooms rooms were large - although they felt very industrial- plain white stucko walls with a lone picture over the bed. The Tiki bar seemed like the place to be- lots of locals and people at the bar during the day at at night. They also had a good size kiddie pool that my kids enjoyed. The girl who handled the kids club was great, as well as the activities director (FIth?). But aside from them, everyone who worked there seemed to be quite rude. The girl checking us in never looked up at us or welcomed us - I tried to engage her in conversation but she was so rude and "huffy" it was almost hostile. I was surprised that she was the first face to welcome you to the property but even more surprised to later learn she was the front desk manager! The housekeeping staff was equally rude- there is no service elevator, so they would get in the elevator in front of you with their large load and shut the doors in your face. I got on the elevator next to a housekeeper and said "good morning" and she just stared at the wall in front of her. It seemed like no one enjoyed thier job. I travel all the time and to be honest, I realize that negative things are going to happen - THIS does not bother me because some things can't be controlled. The things that can be controlled are how people respond to issues and their attitudes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear FiveStarTrvls:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. I'm happy to know you enjoyed our terrific location on the beach and across the street from the many shops and restaurants at Coligny Plaza, as well as our fun activities team - Fith and Jamese. However, it's very disappointing and surprising to hear that a couple of our team members were not as engaging and friendly as they typically are. So many of our guests comment on how incredibly friendly all our staff is and I sincerely apologize that you did not experience the same level of friendliness that we consistently provide. I will certainly reinforce to our entire Beach House team how important it is that we are always perceived as genuinely friendly and excited to serve our guests. Our level of friendliness and enthusiasm to serve our guests is one of our core values and we pride ourselves in accomplishing this goal at such a high level. I appreciate you bringing this miss to our attention and promise we will work harder to ensure other guests don't have the same experience. Thanks for choosing the Beach House and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back in the future.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were delighted with the pools and easy access to the beach. Surprisingly, we pretty much had the kiddie pool to ourselves the majority of our stay. In terms of the accommodations, this hotel offered basic lodging and should not be mistaken for a cushy resort. There is also a fabulous boardwalk right in font of the hotel that leads to restaurants and shops. If you are a clean freak, stay away! Upon arrival, I noticed dust in corners and I was almost tempted to scrub the bathroom floor before letting our family occupy it. The beds were clean, however the linens smelled strongly of bleach. If you do choose to stay in this resort, be sure to bring your own coffee. The coffee in the room was horrible and I'm not a coffee snob whatsoever. Also, check out the breakfast before choosing to pay their high prices if you are a healthy eater. Other than fruit, it was white flour and sugar. On a positive note, the room had a nice big fridge so we could store our own food and drinks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear 11Natalie:

Thanks for choosing the Beach House during your recent visit to Hilton Head Island. I appreciate the detailed and honest feedback you provided in your review. As you mentioned, our location is an exceptional feature of our resort and no other resort on Hilton Head has the advantage of being located directly on the beach as we are. You also found Coligny Plaza across the street and must have enjoyed all the great shopping and restaurants within walking distance to our Resort.......that's always a big hit with our guests as well. Sorry about the quality of the in-room coffee we are forced to use as a Holiday Inn brand standard, but that's why we recently opened our wonderful coffee bar in our Marker 59 Restaurant lounge area, which serves phenomenal specialty coffee drinks and serves fresh pastries and Danishes each morning. I am a "coffee snob" and had to have a way to enjoy great coffee through-out the day! As I have mentioned in earlier reviews, our company recently purchased the Beach House and we have a significant renovation planned for the resort in the late fall of this year that will transform the property into a wonderful Boutique type resort that is unlike any other Hilton Head resort. Our plans will address a few remaining room issues, such as upgrading all the bedding and linens, adding several outdoor fire pits, upgrading all the finishes throughout the public spaces, replacing the elevators and corridor carpeting, enhancing all outdoor lighting and landscaping, redesigning of the restaurant with additional outdoor seating, and much more. We also have a terrific Executive Chef beginning in September and will begin to provide improved southern cuisine menus with fresh, locally sourced ingredients so we can offer our guests a great dinning experience on property. Hopefully, you can make it back to enjoy all the improvements.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I am looking out my sliding glass doors at a beautiful view. I have the beach right outside my window. I can see my family by the pool and hear live music playing at the tiki bar below. It doesn't get much better. I loved that they had a children's activity by the pool that could be charged to my room. The location cannot be beat for my family who, some love the beach and some love the pool and we are still within close proximity to each other. They have cute beach shops right next door that I found by accident. The front desk did not recognize me as a priority member or grant my request made 5 months ago when I made my reservations to have adjoining rooms. My 10 yr old has to sleep 2 doors down with her teenage cousins which upset me. I was told that they were at 97 percent and couldn't ask someone to move. Why they booked their rooms knowing my needs is beyond me. I did see more then 2 people change rooms while I was here. One due to an odor and not sure why the other had an issue.

• Stayed July 2013
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear joyofnyc:

Thank you for choosing the Beach House during your recent visit to Hilton Head with your family. I'm so pleased to hear how much your family enjoyed the opportunity our Resort provides guests to enjoy both the beach and pool. I'm glad you also found our proximity to all the nearby shopping to be a big plus as well. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to fulfill your request for adjoining rooms during this high occupancy month. Occasionally our efforts to accommodate guest requests for specific room types, room locations, and adjoining rooms becomes difficult during higher occupancy months because our flexibility with rooms is lowered with so many rooms being occupied. However, we strive to honor every request possible and it's one of our highest priority tasks each day. I wish we could have done more to meet your request and we will continue to work on balancing the many requests we receive each day. I hope this will not deter you from giving us another chance to have you as our guest the next time you visit Hilton Head.

Joplin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We came down for a 1-night stay, to check out Hilton Head and the area. The hotel itself was great, you can't beat the location. Beautiful beach front, within walking distance to shopping, food, and great night life. The staff was exceptional, the environment was very welcoming, and they went above and beyond after my now fiancé surprised me with a proposal on the beach at The Beach House. I would recommend this location to all types of travelers; singles, couples, and families alike. We really wish that we would have had more time to spend at this fabulous hotel/resort. The hotel also offers 4 professional grade volleyball courts for all levels of play. The rooms were spacious and clean, the common areas were intriguing, the pools were relaxing, and their was great live entertainment at the Tiki bar. The Tiki bar is also unique because it is the only one of its kind located on the water in that area. Thank you Beach House for such a wonderful stay. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Geoff P:

Once again, congratulations to you and your future bride on your recent engagement. It was great to see both of you again and we are all very honored that we were able to take part in such a special occasion. You will always remember your engagement for many special reasons and it's truly meaningful to me that the Beach House will always be part of that special memory. Thanks for taking the time to post such a terrific review describing all the wonderful attributes of the Beach House. Hopefully, the two of you will come back for many years to come.

Jeff Elseser

Been to Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!