“Long weekend get-away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach House Resort

Save Saved
You added Beach House Resort to your Saves list
Beach House Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Forest Beach Drive, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly The Beach House, a Holiday Inn Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Long weekend get-away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went for a long weekend get-away -- me and my girls, the hotel was wonderful. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. Hotel was clean and kept up! Which I've found difficult to find in that area.
We plan on visting again in August --can't wait!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Tina W:

Thanks so much for choosing the Beach House for your girls weekend get-away. I appreciate the kind comments regarding our pleasant staff and clean facilities. Our staff loves what they do and they will be happy to read your review in their morning meeting tomorrow. Hopefully your return trip in August will be the 17th so you can enjoy our monthly Full Moon Party signature event.

We can't wait to have you back!

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed for a short anniversary get away and the stay was great! Great food, pool, drinks and fabulous beach! The location was perfect! Special thank you to Nicole and Tracey at the front desk for being so helpful and accomodating! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear A P:

We are honored to know you choose the Beach House to help celebrate your recent anniversary!
It's great to know you enjoyed so much about our wonderful resort. A special thanks for taking the time to mention two of our terrific Front Desk agents, Nicole and Tracy. Both of these ladies are true assets to our resort and play a big part in helping to make sure our guests have a wonderful Beach House experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon from Ft. Mill!

West Bromwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

3 Brits visiting family in Greenville.They decided to take us to Hilton Head for a short break.A 240 mile road trip saw us checking in at Holiday Inn.occupying 3 rooms.Swift checkin even though we arrived early to our rooms which were together as requested.This place is in a great location,right on the beach with a lively atmosphere throughout,The Tiki Beach bar is a good place to unwind. A good brekkiie can be taken in the restaurant,All you can eat buffet $14,as much tea or coffee as you wish.Excellent pool with sun chairs always seeming to be available.This is down to the pool attendant removing towels from chairs which had not been used for a length of time.In fact it was music to my ears when some stroppy guy was remonstrating that the FIVE sun beds he was reserving had the towels removed.Ya gorra use em or lose em Sir,was the young lady's reply.You should have seen his face .

Room Tip: Oceanfront if available.
Dear ynnekdnour:

It's always great to have some our friends from the other side of the pond as our guests. Thanks for all the kind comments about our swift check-in, our incredible beach location, brekkie, and pool attendants. I'm glad you and your family were able to make the trip from Greenville to unwind a bit. I'm sure you won't be back real soon, but hope you will keep us in mind for your next visit to the States. Thanks again for choosing our Resort and taking the time to tell all the Trip Advisor readers about your pleasant Beach House experience.

Best Regards and Safe Travels,

Hialeah, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time staying at this hotel and was not impressed with their customer service. I opened a tab at the Tikki and ordered a few drinks for the family. I asked for my bill and they had already closed the tab without my permission. I asked to see my final bill and they refused to show it to me. The bartender was actually upset that I was asking to see my final tab. He was very rude and disrespectful in front of my family , so I decided to leave and not pursue to see my bill. The location of the hotel is good however the customer service is very poor. I'm planning on returning to the area again but I will not stay at the Holiday Inn. I noticed that Marriott has a hotel next door and I will try them next.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Armando H:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your less than perfect experience at our Tiki Hut during you recent visit. I hope you will accept my most sincere apologies for the poor communication on the part of our staff. I have discussed this situation with our Food and Beverage Director, Daniel Puglisi, and he was also very disappointed that we did not take the steps to provide the level of service our guests are accustomed to receiving at the Beach House. In hopes that you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust as a resort that prides itself in always providing a high level of service, Daniel and I would like to explain exactly what took place from a technical stand point and let you know that because of your feedback, and our subsequent investigation, we've explained this potential situation and how to handle it properly to all our staff. Each day the Tiki Hut operates in two shifts with a change over at 4:30pm. At this time any checks or tabs still open from the day shift are closed, as many of our hotel guests have left for the day or simply forgot to close their tab. When you returned to the bar to close your tab later in the day the bartenders working at that time did not have access to the closed checks from the morning shift and should have done a much better and more professional job in explaining that to you. They should have also explained that a copy of your bill, as well as your check details, were available at the front desk since our resort's computer systems are fully integrated and allow guests to review their folios at the front desk at any time. We used your experience as a first hand example on how we can improve our service and procedures behind the bar for handling any open tabs after a change of shifts. I apologize again that our previous process was not sufficient and that our Tiki Hut Manager was not there to provide assistance. As you mentioned, our Resort's location is ideal and we take every opportunity to ensure that our guests always enjoy the wonderful amenities that we have to offer including the Tiki Hut. Thank you for the opportunity that your feedback provided to help us improve our steps of service and ensure we continue to provide friendly and efficient service to all of our guests. I hope this explanation doesn't come across as an excuse, but rather helps clarify a technical issue that has been brought to our attention for the first time. I promise our leadership has taken the steps to reiterate our service standards to our staff and because of this new knowledge, our future guests will have an even better service experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future. Please reach out to me directly at the email below so that I can help facilitate a return trip so you and your family can enjoy the Beach House the way you expected and deserve.

Jeff Elseser, jeff.elseser@thebeachhousehhi.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a four night stay in early June, mix of reward nights and regular nights, booked thru priority club. We had two adults and three kids, there was as slight mix up with a roll-away bed. The staff came thru big time! Kendra & Shania listened to our concerns and went above and beyond in resolving the problem, they made our stay absolutely wonderful! Can't say enough to recommend this hotel! During our stay they were upgrading the facilities all around the resort, pool, volleyball ect. lots of nice changes. Thank you to the management for empowering great people like Kendra and Shania to make a guests experience go from good to GREAT! Being a platinum member I visit many, many hotels and this one stands out. Looking forward to next year's stay, I think we have found a regular "go-to" vacation spot!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear George H:

I must say that reading your review made me very proud of Kendra and Shanai. I've always known they are both wonderful associates that genuinely care about our guests' happiness, but it's always great to hear from a guest how evident their passion and concern came through. We strive to ensure every associate at the Beach House understands that they are empowered to do anything necessary to create a memorable experience for our guests. We may not beat some of the other Hilton Head properties in a biggest building contest, but we are working hard to always beat them in our ongoing friendliness contest. I'm glad to know you enjoyed all the great changes we have been making to our resort over the past few months and want to let you know we have many more awesome improvements we will be completing this fall.

Thanks for choosing the Beach House Resort and taking the time to mention how helpful our staff was. We look forward to welcoming you back to your "go-to" vacation spot soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time throughout the weekend. With exceptional employees like this I will definitely recommend the beach house to all my affiliates.the staff made it a enjoyable environment along with enjoyable music.

• Stayed June 2013
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear beebe_ne:

Thanks for choosing the Beach House during your recent visit to Hilton Head. I'm so grateful for the time you took to mention our exceptional employees and how they impacted your experience. Our employees work hard to provide great service for our guests and comments such as yours are very rewarding.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Powell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We love The Beach House. We spend three days every year. Had a wonderful patio room this year and loved it. Right beside the Tiki Bar. Sat outside on our patio and enjoyed the music. Vivette cleaned our room and was very pleasant and helpful!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Patsy P:

It's great to know you visit our resort every year......your loyalty is truly appreciated. We receive so many similar comments from guests who stay in our patio rooms describing how much they enjoy sitting outside on the patio and listening to the live music from the Tiki Hut. Thank you for taking the time to mention Vivette in your review. Vivette is a true professional and one of the best room attendants I have had the pleasure of working with over the years. She will be very excited to read your comments.

Thanks for choosing the Beach House and we look forward to having you back soon!

Jeff Elseser

Been to Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!