“Really enjoyed my trip” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Beach House Resort to your Saves list
IHG Orbitz.com
Beach House Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Forest Beach Drive, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly The Beach House, a Holiday Inn Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Ranked #13 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Really enjoyed my trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I recently went down to Hilton Head for my first time. Typically, Myrtle Beach has been my top vacation spot but I've heard good things so I wanted to go see what all of the hype was about. I stayed at the Beach House Holiday Inn resort and could not be more satisfied with my selection. Not only was it a great location right on the ocean but the service and the staff in general were friendly, professional, and just overall outstanding with their display of that southern hospitality. The food was impeccable and the rooms were much better than I assumed they would be based on their rates. My favorite part of the resort was the "tiki hut." I generally like to go out on the town and explore when I'm on vacation but I had so much fun just hanging out at the tiki hut that I didn't need to go anywhere else. The tiki offers a variety of fun for the young and old alike, with live music, beach volley ball, extremely clean swimming pools, delicious cocktails, and other activities that vary on a day to day basis. The guy that seemed to be in charge of all the activities (Fith) really did a great job interacting with all the guests, making sure everyone was having a great time and made a big enough impression for me to even remember his name which is extremely uncommon for me. The Beach House resort in Hilton Head remains to be one of my favorite vacation spots and I'm already planning my next visit. Just to reiterate, the service, staff, food, rooms, location and overall cleanliness of the resort all exceeded my expectations. If you're planning a trip to Hilton Head, be sure to stop in for a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Jacob c:

It's great to know your first trip to Hilton Head was so enjoyable. Sounds like Fith was up to his old tricks again......having way too much fun at work!! He really does enjoy making sure our guests are having a great time, whether at the Tiki Hut or while taking part in one of his volleyball pick-up tournaments between our guests and some of the local talent.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post such a detailed review describing all the great things about our Resort and our wonderful staff. Thanks for being such a loyal Beach House guest........see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Jeff Elseser

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

On the beach, excellent customer service staff. Located adjacent to many other restaurants so you have many choices. Everything is conveniently located. Clean and spacious rooms. Quiet and again anything you need the hotel staff is willing to assist. We were there during the Heritage PGA Tournament coincidentally and the staff was calm and helpful. Great small lounge to relax in as well.

Room Tip: King rooms were extremely comfortable and ask for an oceanfront if weather is nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jbartleyga:

Thanks for choosing The Beach House during your recent stay on Hilton Head, and thanks for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. It's great to know you enjoyed our Resort's convenient location across from the renowned Coligny Shopping Center, it's definitely hard to beat this spot.

Our Guest Services and Housekeeping teams work very hard to provide a great experience for our guests and I'm not surprised to hear that we provided the excellent service you mentioned in your review.

Hope to see you back soon.

Best Regards,

Jeff Elseser
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Recently visited the Beach House and was very pleased. The location is beautiful and the hotel was updated and very clean. Cleanliness is a top priority for me and the Beach House exceeded my expectations. They had a number of activities which a lot of other hotels don't offer. The food was very good, the F&B team went out of their way to meet our need including the chef providing our 1 year old with a lovely plate of baby sized fruits and chicken, it was very courteous of him and really impressed us. The staff was great always making eye contact and greeting us all the time. We look forward to visiting again!!

• Stayed April 2013
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a great week at The Beach House. The food was very good and the staff was friendly and helpful. The Tiki hut had great local talent playing a variety of music. Lot of fun watching volley ball on the beach. The Chef served a wonderful meal from the Marker 59 Restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having never been to Hilton Head, I was given the suggestion to stay at The Beach House Holiday Inn Resort. My friends raved about what a nice experience they had, so how could I go wrong. I will pass on this recommendation as we had a wonderful week! The rooms were spacious and very clean. When we stay for a week, we don't ask much of housekeeping. Since we let them know we didn't need their daily service, they respected that, but there was never an evening that passed without housekeeping giving us a friendly call to see if there was anything they could do for us. Well, now that was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was available on site, but we usually had a light breakfast from our in room refrigerator, before our beach walk. On site dining was superb. The chef put his personal touch in preparing each meal and most willing to prepare to an individuals personal taste. Oh, I need to mention, the beach is directly in front of the hotel and is private to guests. On the way to the ocean we passed 2 beach volleyball courts. Many times we would enjoy a cocktail from the Beach House tiki bar, while watching some very challenging volley ball matches. Speaking of the Tiki Bar, it reminded me of a hornets nest where folks were coming and going constantly. The sound of music from local bands, to an original "gotta try" cocktail, to the warm sand under feet, made the tiki area a very bustling spot. The pool was almost a lazy river effect as it wound around in an interesting way. With private beach, close proximity to a unique mall with quaint shops, and friendly helpful staff, we definitely made a perfect decision to vacation at the beautiful Beach House Holiday Inn in Hilton Head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place was such a great vacation stay! The food was awesome, I really enjoyed the southern platter! The drink menu had a nice variety of specialty drinks. A big thank you to Dan who is in charge of food and beverages and suggests the perfect combo! We made great memories at the Tiki bar thank you to Fifth for all the entertainment and activities! Make sure to seek these two out to make your trip even better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was given a suggestion to make my way down to Hilton Head for the PGA Golf tournament not expecting much other than the usual boring beach-side community, ala Ocean City, MD. I was pleasantly surprised to be very much so mistaken, thanks to The Beach House. Overall a great experience. They seem to be going through a change of management and have a great sense of what will make this location work perfectly. More modernization seems to be pumping into the resort and it shows.

The menu at the tiki bar, burger stand areas is simple and quite honestly some of the best burgers I've ever had. The Mojito options were all delicious as I admittedly had way too many. I also made the mistake of ordering breakfast only on the last morning of my visit, as I had a great experience. I suggest the French Toast and Oatmeal, which sounds plain although they prepare phenomenally.

Also one of the most pleasant experiences was meeting a gentleman who works with the resort on the grounds (to be honest I do not even know in what capacity) named Fith. He was extremely attentive to everyone's enjoyment level while around the pool and tiki bar areas, and not in the least bit overzealous. He arranged myself and some friends to get involved in some competitive volley ball games on the beach and that was definitely something I could've used.

The Beach House again seems to be going through a huge overhaul of style and culture and I definitely feel the need to invest some time to seeing what is in store some months from now!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beach House Resort? Share your experiences!