“A Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Head Health

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
Hilton Head Health
You added Hilton Head Health to your Saves list
14 Valencia Road, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Virginia
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

This was one of the best things I have ever done! I originally was booked for two weeks and ended up extending to 3 weeks. I was looking for a place where people were serious about working toward a healthy lifestyle through exercise and eating right and this was the right place! A wide variety of exercise classes for all levels of fitness, many helpful and informative lectures and the star of the show was the food. It was delicious, healthy and served beautifully so I really felt like I was being pampered. You definitely get what you put into the experience. I tended to spend the day with the people who were the most aggressive about exercising. The staff is great.....there is someone there for every personality and fitness level. There were people there from many countries that said they could not find a place like this in Europe or their home country. There is a mix of first time people along with people who have been several times just to check in and give themselves another boost. I met numerous people with major health issues and they did just fine.....all were feeling so much better at the end of their stay. I would recommend HHH to anyone. The have started renovations for onsite accomodations which will be very nice.....as well as a new pool! The only problem there is the price will go up.....but its worth it!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

I have just returned from a two week stay at the Hilton Head Health Institute, otherwise known as H3I. I can start by saying that my original reservation was for one week. I felt like I was doing so well and gaining so much momentum on my personal road to weight loss and health that I would benefit immensely from a second week there. I was right! I feel better than I have in years, I am exercising regularly and motivated to eat healthy and to be and stay fit!
Accomodations are reserved through private condo owners and were well appointed, excellently maintained and clean. H3I is also breaking ground on brand new accomodations that look to be top notch and will be on the the Institutes own property once completed.
My days started at 7am and ended at 8pm. They were filled with sunrise beach walks, healthy breakfast, lunch and dinners as well as in between snacks, extrememly informative lectures-about 3 per day and unlimited fitness options also about 3 per day.
I made friends from Scotland, New York, North Carolina, Denver, Florida and even Greece.
The staff-Bob, Adam, Jen, Justin, Tia, Amanda, Carolyn and William were highly encouraging and helpful. Everyone greets you by name and it was amazing how quickly I adapted to my environment and felt apart of the H3I family.
I would definately return again if needed.

• Liked — The Staff and Program
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

After reading all the reviews I was tempted not to attend the Health Institute, but then I realized someone who is more concerned about food choices, facials and other "spa features" was not serious about losing weight and changing to a healthy lifestyle. So I decided to check it out for myself.
I could not have been more pleased! The food was amazing, the newly remodeled facility is beautiful and the staff is so much more than educated and caring. They helped change my life. Their "get serious" and "no nonsense" approach to weight loss works. I attended a specialty week, Next Level Fitness and WOW they know how to motivate you; not only to believe in myself and what my body can do, but how to workout and not quit. Between the lectures and the staff I learned how to go home and be successful. I now know how to make low calorie healthy food, without compromising taste. And most important I am able to continue to do just what it says, take my fitness to the "Next Level".

• Liked — The Weight Loss
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
L.A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

Hilton Head Health Institute is not a good value. It is very pricey and the place is unkempt, badly run and does not deliver it's promises. I suggest going to Canyon Ranch or the Cooper Clinic over this yucky place.

• Liked — washer
  • Disliked — the filth
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
RSMoore, President & CEO at Hilton Head Health, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I’m sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience during your visit in 2007. Since then, we have made several changes to our team, accommodations and facility, as well as our program and policies. We value our guests and strive to give them the best experience and customer service possible, which has led to more accommodating policies and a greater variety of fitness and spa offerings. I encourage you to visit us again and experience the new H3!
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

My experience at Hilton Head Health Institute was horrible. The villas are dirty and they stink. I felt dirty staying there. They are roaches whether you tell me they are palmetto bugs or not! There are no spa services. The staff is rude and uncaring. Classes are taught by coeds who are interning. I can not believe the thousands that I spent here! I will never go back to that glorified and dirty camp.Choose Canyon Ranch instead.

• Liked — Knowing it was only temporary.
  • Disliked — The roaches and mold.
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I’m sorry to hear you had an unpleased experience. I can assure you that since 2007, we’ve undergone several accommodation upgrades, as we strive to ensure our villas match the excellence of our program. We’ve also made vast improvements on our facility and program, as well as our team members. Among constantly adding fun & exciting fitness offerings to the schedule, we now offer even more spa services to meet the desires of Guests going through our proven weekly program. I encourage you to visit us again and experience the new H3!
Hartsdale, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I stayed here last year for 2 weeks and before leaving was talked into leaving a $500 deposit to return for 1 week the following year. I needed to pay the deposit before leaving to receive a lower rate before a price increase for 2007. Well, the next year came and I could not make the trip as planned.

They are unwilling to refund the entire $500 deposit, nor will they reschedule my stay any later.

They would rather keep $500 than have a future returning guest.

The food is also not accomodating, no choices. Everyone is served the same meals. Accomodations are not their own. They rent out condos in the surrounding condo resorts and you split a 2 bedroom condo with another guest unless you pay for a private accomodation.

They only have a masseuse - no real spa either. You must leave the premises for facials, etc.

Would not recommend to anyone due to the uncaring refund policies. Basically, if you can't make it within 1 year of leaving your deposit- too bad.

There are other similar weight loss resorts for less money with nicer accomodations and surroundings.

• Disliked — customer service, refund policy
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
norwich ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

A 76 year old diabetic with a bad knee on a crutch, with no expection of even geting thru the 2 week program during Thanksgiving that my wife and daughter felt that i badly needed,, Not being able to walk without crutch, my coach councilor maped out swimming exercises and stretching in the 85 degree pool,, and the Nu Step seated exerciser. After 2 weeks of aeorbic and stretching exercises in the pool I felt like a new person. Diabetic on insulin 4 times a day was the hardest part with the lows . The healthy living lectures good, but hard staying awake. The swimming exercises learned at h31. I am doing in a friends pool 3 times a week. 56 years ago (1951) and 20 miles from Hilton Head ; at Parris Island, I was a proud graduate of USMC Platoon Leaders Class. Both USMC Boot Camp and Hilton Head Health Institute are good Physical and Learning experiences,, The H31 is the one that one would want to repeat. I have signed up for Thanksgiving 2007 at Hilton Head Institute. Thanks to my Wife and Daughter, I am living healthier.

Stayed November 2006

Been to Hilton Head Health? Share your experiences!