“Excellent Service & Great Vacation Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn South Forest Beach

You added Quality Inn South Forest Beach to your Saves list
Quality Inn South Forest Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Tanglewood Drive, Hilton Head, SC 29928 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Saint Matthews, South Carolina
“Excellent Service & Great Vacation Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I loved the room and the friendly staff. We arrived early and was told that check-in is at 4. However, the room was ready and we checked in about 3:15. The front desk clerk (Jeff was his name-I think) was very helpful and informative. He made us feel welcome. The hotel is close to Coligny Beach. I wanted to stay longer. I missed the breakfast, because I was enjoying the comfortable room & bed. When I go on vacation or visit Hilton Head again, I will stay here. I loved the hard wood floors in the hallway. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I booked this hotel so I could bring my two fidos with me to frolic on the beach. I was told dogs were only allowed on the 2nd floor. I was given a room next to the staircase, as I requested, so I could walk the pooches.The first room reeked of urine, but management quickly changed my room. The rooms had balconies, no seats, but a door so you could partake of the cool seabreeze. Wifi was intermittent at best, very slow, and I had to reenter the password on my phone each time I returned to the room. Breakfast was fine, eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, yogurt, sweet rolls, juice, coffee. The problem started on Fri eve when I saw young folks wheeling in cases of beer. I wasn't told that the 2nd floor was also the student party hall. By 9PM there were 35-40 young folks standing in the hallway drinking beer, shouting to each other, whooping, slamming doors. Several rooms on both sides of the hall were party rooms. I cut my weekend short and left the next day. If you dont want to sleep in a fraternity go elsewhere.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Linda P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn South Forest Beach, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Sonjasafron,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor - we appreciate all feedback. I can imagine it must have been very frustrating to be at the hotel at the tail end of the spring break rush when you were looking for a nice quiet and relaxing getaway with your four legged family members!! When we recently took over the hotel we inherited several groups that shall we say like to kick up their heels for spring break. We hired security and did our best to keep disruption to a minimum - we are sorry that you had a less than satisfying experience because of it. We would like to invite you back for a more relaxing stay. Please contact me at 843-842-6662 ext 1610 or lprosser@hospitalityma.com with further contact details and I will be in touch.

Linda Prosser
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just back from our vacation at this really nice hotel in South Forest Beach Hilton Head Island. We stayed for three nights, our original booking had been for the Comfort Inn but the hotel has since rebranded to Quality. Has a great location and nice outdoor pool. Jerry Stout on the Front Desk was very helpful and nice to us with great recommendations for local restaurants (including a very nice Italian) and day trips. We rented bikes for one of the days and went cycling for about four hours around the nearby trails. Savannah GA is also well worth a day trip being only 40 minutes. The room was very large and there was two double beds, we enjoyed the complementary breakfast and getting to use the waffle machine!

Room Tip: Get restaurant reviews from Jerry!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave S,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of the hotel!!! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and all of the fun activities that Hilton Head has to offer. Jerry is a great asset to the hotel and we appreciate him very much - we love to hear when our guests do too. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely setting. Easy access to shopping, beaches. Great pool. Room was good. Wanted to stay longer. Front desk staff was friendly, informative, helpful. Breakfast was average but started at 7am instead of 6am.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a possible complimentary upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Linda P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn South Forest Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear James H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It is always pleasing to hear when one of our guests enjoys their stay so much that they would have like to have stayed longer! We hope you can come back soon!

Thanks again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The check-in experience was a good one. The Inn personnel answered all our questions, provided brochures and treated us special.

The rooms were adjoining and very well maintained. We requested non-smoking and our rooms did not have even a hint of smoke. We enjoyed the stay here when it was a Comfort Inn and now as a Quality Inn. It is somewhat older now, but well maintained.

My extended family and I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Allen M,

Thank you for your kind review. It's always great to hear when guests are made to feel special by the staff. We appreciate you staying with us now that we are the Quality Inn and hope to see you and your family back again and again.

North Augusta, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To start this off, know that this hotel means business with their check in/checkout times. I got there early, but couldn't check in until after 4, which I guess is the check in time.To be fair, the entire hotel was booked that weekend. I was very glad I had booked in advance, and for a very fair price I might add. All the staff members I encountered were very friendly and pleasant. It was a little strange that the lobby was in one building, and the rooms were in a completely different building. It took me a minute to figure out which building to go to. I understand there's not much that can be done about that now though. The room was clean, and bigger than I expected. It IS outdated, and I can tell the furniture and curtains etc. have been around a while, but that wasn't a big deal for me personally. Everything was functional and clean and that's really what matters. Great location; it's walking distance from the beach and Coligny Plaza. I didn't actually swim, but the pool looked nice and clean. Overall, I was very pleased, and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We do have times that we get super busy on Hilton Head and may not have rooms available until the actual 4:00 check in time although - if we have your room ready when you arrive, we would let you go ahead and check in early. We are pleased to hear that you found the staff to be pleasant, the rooms clean and the location ideal. Thank you for letting future guests know that you would recommend the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Maroa, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check-in office is "across the street from the beach", but the rooms are 2 blocks away. This was the most bizarre set up. The room was fine, the beds were very comfy! The pillows were soft, like sleeping on a cloud. Booked the room last minute on Easter week-end, so we had no expectations. Breakfast was included, once again you had to make the trek back to the office. Standing room only, so we found another place to eat. Not a fancy place, but the place was quiet for as many people that was visiting.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! You were our very first review since taking over the hotel and we appreciate the feedback. The setting is a little different than most hotels as it is a resort style where you check in at the registration building and then make your way through the wooded area, past the lagoons and to the building with the rooms. We like to think it gives you time to realize that you are on vacation... We were pleased to hear that you found the beds to be super comfortable and that despite the walk, you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll consider staying with us again should you head back this way.

Linda

Been to Quality Inn South Forest Beach? Share your experiences!