“a life saver” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Kernersville, North Carolina
“a life saver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

my fince' and I were staying at a motel just a little ways down from this hotel the comfort inn. the hotel we were at was horocious. It was a hotel from hell. I could not wait to leave. so I had seen the comfort inn sign and called them. the two ladies at the front desk were angels. they found us not only a room, but a room pool side, and allowed us to check in early. The rooms are very clean, and an abundance of hot water. I was so greatful. the motel we were staying at reaked and as soon as i walked in the comfort inn, i knew i made the right choice because it smelt extremely clean, kind of like a new house. The ladies at the front desk i do not know their names but when we checked in it was Friday Oct. 19, aroung 12:30, and there was also a girl who was there, who i think was off duty, but she was even helpful. unlike the staff from the previous hote. All I can say is, I cannot thank you enough. You definitely were a life saver and because of the comfort inn and their staff, we actually enjoyed our trip to Hilton Head. Thank You.

Room Tip: get a room pool side, a very nice view. the rooms are great. I would definitely stay in any room her...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMHHI779, General Manager at Comfort Inn South Forest Beach, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments, I am pleased to see that we were able to make your vacation a pleasant one after all, It is wonderful to hear and I will pass on your comments to the staff.

Again, Thank you

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I travel to HHI a few times a year. This was our first stay at this particular Choice Hotel and I must say I was very disappointed by the staff. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were nice and very clean. The breakfast was delicious. The staff was rude and not willing to help anyone we noticed asking for help. We asked to upgrade and was quoted one price and then another, after we were told there were none available. We witnessed a potential guest turned away because they wouldn't match the internet price. Seen another ask about the shuttle to the beach and seen the front desk help say they weren't responsible for the shuttle and didn't offer to call. Wish the willingness of accepting responsibility ended there but it went on to the proprietor of the hotel when I voiced my issues and she blamed everyone but themselves and their staff even after I named names. Since this property is owned by a proprietor Choice Hotels pretty much said sorry but nothing they could do to help change the situation. I would like to add that weekend as we shared our experience with a gentleman that stayed there for a while during his moved said the same thing about their staff. Was just all the way around disappointing as I have stayed in many choice hotels and have always had a pleasant experience until now.

Room Tip: Stay at Park Lane hotel. Very comparable with exception to the staff. That is where we would have st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
First let me Thank you for the wonderful comments you left about the Hotel and the grounds.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not get the same impression from the staff. I take pride in the hotel and if there is an issue I definately want to address it and try and rectify the situation.

I would like to speak with you directly either thru email or phone to get the particulars so that I may address the staff issues. Please contact me which ever way you feel more comfortable my email is 779gm_hiltonhead@snbhotels.com or phone: 843-842-6662.

Again, thank you for your comments that is how I determine if we are doing what it takes to ensure our guests are pleased and desire to return to us.

South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived very late Friday night after a long drive, and the front desk gentleman, Sean Anderson was very nice, and on top of things. He was very pleasant, and very attentive to our needs. Traveling with small children can be a challenge, and he went above and beyond for us to have the best stay possible. Kudos to Comfort Inn for training your employees so well, and kudos to Sean for being such an awesome young man at such a late hour! :) Our stay has been great, and the kids really LOVED the pool. It is a perfect place to stay with a family. We will definitely put this one on our list to come back.

Room Tip: The only tip I can think of is, there is only ice on floors 1-4. So if you happen to be on the 5th f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMHHI779, General Manager at Comfort Inn South Forest Beach, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel and its staff. I will make sure to pass on your comments about Sean to him, I know he will be happy to know he made your stay wonderful.

Melissa McBain
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay there. The room was nothing special - just a hotel room, but you don't go to Hilton Head to hang out in the room. (They do offer a turtle themed room to help out with a loggerhead turtle that the Comfort Inn adopted.) We enjoyed the fact that it was not crowded during the week. It was like a private resort. The pool and the surrounding decks were great! The lagoons had fountains that added to the relaxation on the pool deck. We did have a walk to breakfast but it was not too far and quite pleasant. All the guests were friendly so it was like a neighborhood walk. Breakfast was very nice. Something for everyone. They even set up a light continental breakfast in the hotel so if you didn't want the hot breakfast you could just grab something and go. The beach was about a 7 minute walk away. Also not a bad walk. They had bikes you could rent and a free shuttle would take you to the beach and the shopping area. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for the wonderful comments. I am Happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and had the resort feel with out the resort pricing and crowds. I hope to see you return to us again.

Again, Thank you,

Melissa McBain- General Manager
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We planned this trip a couple of months before arrival. The man at the desk at the time suggested that we come mid-September to get better rate and that is what we did. The office and breakfast area is separate from the main hotel but it is only a pleasant short walk. The room we had faced the lagoon and swimming pool and was very comfortable. There was a frig and microwave in the room and this helped with the savings on the trip as we brought just about all our food. It is a short walk to the beach. There is a bike rental service on site with reasonable rates. The breakfast was good and well stocked but we came at a time that was not really busy. We walked or used the bikes to get just about everywhere. There are two grocery stores and a small shopping center within easy walking distance. There is a really good cupcake store in the shopping center. We ate at the Sea Shack which is a small restaurant nearby. It's small and a little rustic but the food was great. This facility was very nice and a fine addition to the Choice hotel line. We plan to be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you, your comments will be posted for the staff to read. Yes it is a great choice to come in September if your vacation time is flexible, the weather is still wonderful and its less crowded. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future.

Melissa McBain
Germantown, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

For $95 I got a room about 3 blocks from the public beach access. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue I had was that the room wasn't very clean. Lots of little details overlooked. Anthony Melchiori would have a field day with their cleanliness. Otherwise, a good value and I had a great time having drinks at the Holiday Inn Tiki bar. Saved a bit of money by staying at the Comfort Inn. If you like really clean rooms, it would be a good idea to look elsewhere. Otherwise I had a great time staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Zebulon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Several employees went out of their way to find two articles left in room and ship them to me. We checked out Sunday Sept. 2nd and upon arriving home in Zebulon Ga, realized that my canvas bag and ultra expenpensive Ipod got left in the room. I called the hotel first thing the next morning and bernadette Wilson answered my call and tried to help me. She told me originally that nothing was found in my room. I was bummed. About 20 minutes later, however, She called me back and said yes, both items were turned in by housekeeper and locked in security safe. She promptly got my mailing info to return them to me. Kudos to customer service by Bernadette, who did not just brush me off as i have experienced with other chains and also BIG kudos to the house keeper who serviced unit #120 on September 2nd checkout. Our country truly needs everyone to act with such honesty, earnest, and integrity. Please recognize these individuals for outstanding service. We will definitely be back based on the top rate impression we have of the hotel.

Lisa McGurl

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMHHI779, General Manager at Comfort Inn South Forest Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words and I will most definately pass your review on to the associate and their supervisors. We take pride in our hotel and try and make every guest feel safe and at home. Again Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Melissa McBain-General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn South Forest Beach? Share your experiences!