This was our first time visiting Hilton Head. The Hampton Inn was clean, comfortable and in a good location for being able to explore the island, The hotel is close to the airport, not on the beach and seems to be older but well kept. The staff was friendly and the ladys keeping up breakfast were fantastic. Work was being done around the grounds, pressure washing both days. Great care is being taken to keep the hotel up to date.
Our room seemed small compared to other Hamptons.Two queen beds, a table with chairs along with the normal microwave and refrigerator. The sink is separated from the shower and potty. The pool was nice sized and felt really good after a day at the beach. Breakfast both morning was great.
We spent a few hours at the beach close to the Westin Resort. The boardwalk down to the beach made it nice while carrying umbrellas, chairs and totes. If you like your space while at the beach this is not the place to go. Could have been crowded because of July 4th weekend or maybe it's just summer in Hilton Head. Fyi, traffic heading to the Island on Saturday afternoon was a mess!
Our first night we had dinner at Skull Creek Boathouse. The place was booming. With a two hour wait, we took a seat at the Dive Bar for drinks and oysters. Thanks to Jim for serving up the best oysters I've had in a long time. Dinner was good, not impressive. Great atmosphere for partying outside. After dinner we were on our way to find a spot for dancing and came across Red Fish Restaurant. Somehow deciding on a glass of wine instead of dancing. There is a large selection of wines for purchase and the wine list is goes on and on.
The next night, taking the advice of one of the employees from the Hampton, we had dinner at The Old Oyster Factory. The smoked Salmon appetizer was a meal in its self, mouth watering delicious! We both ordered the fresh Grouper, mashed potatoes/rice and asparagus. Really, really great dinner!
We visited Harbor Town in Seapines. Strolled along the marina, looking at the beautiful sailboats and yachts. There are a few nice retail shops to pick up gifts/souvenirs. We had ice cream from Cups & Cones just outside the lighthouse. There are plenty of oversized rocking chairs to relax and admire the scenery.
The Island is nice, very expensive for a family. Overall B at best.
We had a nice trip and would check out other hotels along the beach if we were to return.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Hilton Head Hotel
- Hampton Inn Hilton Head Hotel Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most conveniently located Hilton Head Island hotels, our Hampton Inn is just one mile from Hilton Head Airport, The Hilton Head Hospital and the beach. Whether you’re traveling on business or on vacation, you’ll enjoy the same range of free amenities at our Hampton Inn Hilton Head. Expect in-room internet access, a fitness room, outdoor swimming pool, and delicious waffles and more at Hampton's complimentary hot breakfast.Unwind in one of 121 spacious guest rooms and suites renovated in 2012. Recline on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®, available in one king-sized bed room or a room with two queens. Work at the large desk or prop a laptop on the portable lap desk and sit back in the comfortable armchair.Take advantage of the 24-hour business center and grab a free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday to Friday, for a quick, healthy meal to go. Hold a meeting in one of two modern meeting rooms with full technical support, or play a relaxing game of golf at anyone if Hilton Head Islands public courses including Port Royal Golf and Racquet Club, located opposite the hotel and Palmetto Dues Golf just a short drive away. Other Hilton Head attractions include two Tanger Outlet Malls, Belk’s, the Sandbox Children’s Museum, Coastal Discovery Museum, the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, Shelter Cove, the Salty Dog and Harbour Town. You can also enjoy any one of the 12 restaurants located within walking distance of our hotel.Remember, never a parking fee and never a Resort fee! Wi-Fi is complimentary and each room offers a complimentary micro wave and refrigerator. Busses are always welcome at the hampton Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Hilton Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.