“Very good restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Divina

Trattoria Divina
33 Office Park Road, Suite 224, Outside of Sea Pines Gate!, Hilton Head, SC 29928
843-686-4442
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Divina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 322 restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pope Ave & Greenwood Drive
Description: Nestled in Park Plaza, Trattoria Divina offers fine dining Italian food like the island has never seen it. Chef Hugo Lee brings his culinary expertise from San Diego with over 15 years of experience creating Italian food that surprises and delights our patrons. From the Lobster Pot Pie to the Ice Sculpture Sorbet, everything presented is made in house. Chef Hugo prepares everything from sauces to soups from scratch daily.
Danville, California
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a very good restaurant. The ambience, service and food made for a great evening. The grouper special was terrific. You won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2014

91% Recommend
Midlothian, Virginia
“Excellent Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Let me start by saying, everything we ate here was excellent.

We visited Saturday night, Jan 4th. We were seated at a table where one side is a booth and the other chair. As soon as I sat down (in the chair), I was jarred when a server ran into my chair as he turned the corner (there were 4-6 tables behind us that were being serviced). After this happened several times in the few minutes we were there, I asked the hostess to reseat us (restaurant was not close to being full). Instead, she moved the chair to the next table closer to me and suggested I put my coat and purse on it so that they wouldn't be knocked off again. This was fine, but I continued to be hit every time a server came around the corner. Since they have servers for water, cleaning tables, regular waiter, etc, it seemed as if we were in Grand Central Station as they turned the corner to serve the other tables. Staff would actually stand over our table and stretch to see if the other tables needed anything. This was annoying throughout our meal.

HOWEVER, the food was excellent. I had the calamari and lobster ravioli. My husband had the nightly special (grouper), which he loved. I was disappointed when I ordered the shrimp scampi (a personal favorite) only to have the waiter come back and tell me the chef would not serve scampi. However, I could get another shrimp dish, the chef could make me the side of risotto or the vegetables that went with the dish, he would just not prepare scampi. Didn't make sense to me?

We have a home on the island and eat out frequently. We will definitely visit here again. We had passed it many times going to the movies and decided to finally give it a try. It was a good choice, I will just be more particular where I am seated next time.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“Great place for nice dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I dined here for dinner on New Year's Eve. We were seated immediately, and our service started right away. We were seated in an area with one seat being the booth that ran along the whole wall and the other a chair facing the wall. There was plenty of room between the tables, so we didn't hear the neighboring conversations or feel like we were sitting with them. The service was excellent, not overbearing but yet it only took a quick glance to the attentive staff for them to come right over. The food was excellent as well, in presentation, taste, and portion size.

The only negatives we could find were that the restaurant was hard to find and there was a line for the women's bathroom almost all the time. But don't let that stop you from dining here!

Charlotte, NC
“Creative Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Wonderful restaurant, a bit hard to find. Wonderful meal. Try the Mussels and the Osso Buco. Will be back again and again.
A complimentary glass of prosecco was a nice touch

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome place. A must visit for locals or visitors.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to dine. Excellent atmosphere coupled with the best Italian food on the island. And the wine selection is fabulous too. And I can't forget the great service. A must visit.

Harry M, Owner at Trattoria Divina, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for visiting our restaurant on New Year's Eve. We had such a wonderful night with our guests. The staff was up for the task. The Chef made magic.