“Nicely done” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Divina

Trattoria Divina
33 Office Park Road, Suite 224, Outside of Sea Pines Gate!, Hilton Head, SC 29928
843-686-4442
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Divina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pope Ave & Greenwood Drive
Description: Nestled in Park Plaza, Trattoria Divina offers fine dining Italian food like the island has never seen it. Chef Hugo Lee brings his culinary expertise from San Diego with over 15 years of experience creating Italian food that surprises and delights our patrons. From the Lobster Pot Pie to the Ice Sculpture Sorbet, everything presented is made in house. Chef Hugo prepares everything from sauces to soups from scratch daily.
Washington NC
“Nicely done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Too bad it wasn't busier. Hate being in a restaurant with only one other table. This shouldn't be, the food was excellent. Service attentive [it better be right?] It lived up the expectations of the other reviews. Glad we went. Bartender was nice and showed us around and talked about the artwork from Local Students. Second waiter came by and crumbed the table, now isn't that a lost touch of dining? Nice crusty bread is going to make a bit of mess.
Worth a visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harry M, Owner at Trattoria Divina, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I couldn't agree with you more. Trattoria Divina should always be busy. Our entire team is working toward that goal.

While the quality and creativeness of our food has never been an issue, our location and getting the word out has been. TripAdvisor reviewers have been our best advertisement. As we continue into the new year, we expect 2014 to be our breakout year.

We strongly recommend reservations. This gives us the opportunity to prepare for the evening
to insure the level of service meets the mark. And yes we crumb!.

Charlotte, NC
“Could Not Have Been More Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

From the complimentary glass of pro secco to the crime brûlée and chocolate gelato, we were delighted! Service was wonderful. You do have to walk through a cigar smoke cloud to get in, but we didn't notice any of that once inside. Fabulous prix fixe menu...lots of choices, very reasonable price. Best bread of any restaurant around. First visit for these HHI residents, but will definitely not be the last.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“My new favorite Italian Restaurant on Hilton Head ISland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

OK, I have been going to two other places on the Island (I'm here 20 years) for my Italian fix. A dear friend said ... "you must try Chef Hugo's cuisine" ... so we went.

A funky location ... that's the charm of Hilton Head. European decor is very welcoming and makes for a quiet dinning experience. So that my friend was treated as returning family added to the amazing experience. A super welcome by both the Hostess and Chef Hugo! We both chose the fixe prix 4 course dinner at an amazing $30/per. First courses were PEI mussels in an almost french cream and herb sauce (did I mention Hugo did an apprentice at The French Laundry) also local oysters baked with pancetta in another cream sauce. The bread was to die for and was used to completely finish the sauces.
Main courses were tortellini stuffed with salmon in an amazing red sauce and a shrimp and scallop with another home made pasta. OK we only ate half ... huge portions so we could save room for desert.
Two deserts ... the home made tiramisu and home made cremebrulee. Since my friend is a special person, we received a banana's foster cheese cake as a third desert. Amazing ....

We washed all of this down with a beautiful and fairly priced Chianti Classico and lots of attention.

The bonus is that we are enjoying our main course left overs tonight as I write this review. Will I go back ... Absolutely! Watch out Michael Anthony's there is a new "top dog" on the Island. My new favorite.

Harry M, Owner at Trattoria Divina, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I'm not sure thank you says enough for your detailed review. We're so proud to be a part of Chef Hugo's dream as is the entire staff.

Most people in Hilton Head don't know his restaurant in La Jolla, California (Trattoria Acqua) was a Zagat award winning restaurant while he was the Executive Chef.

From the Ciabatta to the Desserts, you can see this culinary artist. There are many fine choices to dine on our island. We thank you for thinking of us so highly. We'll do our best to live up to your expectations.

Harry Morales
Richmond, Virginia
“Lovely evening out with family and friend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had an excellent dinner here - I had butternut squash risotto with shrimp which was rich and satisfying. Presentation in a small pumpkin was adorable and great. Husband had wonderful, fresh fish dish. Friend enjoyed her tenderloin steak salad. Service was terrific. Little extras like amuse bouche and complimentary champagne was nice and unexpected. Would recommend for special occasion. They have outdoor seating but probably wouldn't be great isn't restaurant is in shopping center and next to cigar shop.

• Visited October 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Enjoy the most inventive chef on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have enjoyed many meals at Trattoria Divina with local friends and it is always my first recommendation to my out-of-town friends. Hugo Lee is a remarkably inventive chef. In the manner of truly great chefs, he has the ability to bring together unexpected flavors in the most wondrous of ways. His dishes are always beautifully presented and served impeccably by his very competent wait staff. Recently, I chose Trattoria Divina for the annual holiday luncheon of a group of friends. Hugo did not disappoint! He wowed all 20 of us! When he appeared at the end of the meal to greet us, he was met by applause!
Trattoria Divina is my favorite restaurant on the island, by far, and Hugo Lee is one of my favorite chefs of all time.