We just arrived back from staying at the Disney, Hilton Head Island Resort. We were there from Sunday through Friday. We found the accomadations to be wonderful. The marsh was right in our backyard and we saw a dolphin feeding and playing on numerous occasions, as well as many large birds (herrons and ergrets) and fish jumping.
The rooms were very clean, spacious, and well-equiped.
We had our 9 yr. old son with us and he had a great time. There were many activities for him during the time we were there. Many activities had a fee with them. Painting t-shirts were $10.00, a night out (3 hours) to a local movie theater and pizza/soda was $20.00, and another 3 hour activity called Disney Detectives (staying on the resort grounds) including pizza/soda was also $20.00. Fishing poles and bait was available to us for a small fee and so were bicycles.
There is a fabulous dolphin tour (4 people per boat) for $30.00 per person. That was about 2.5 hours and we saw many dolphins that came right up to our boat and even out of the water a bit! Great fun! We had wanted to do shark fishing but ran out of time and it was booked. Next time definitely!
There are 2 pools. One at the resort and one at the beach. The one at the resort has a small but lots of fun water slied that the adults even enjoyed. The pool at the beach had a basketball hoop and volleyball net. There were also activities that the lifeguards had organized at the pools for the kids and families.
The beach is not at the resort. It is about 1 mile away. You can take a bike, your car, or the Disney Shuttle. All times, we took our car and had no problems. The beach was beautiful but was crowded. Still, not a problem for us. There are beach chairs and umbrellas to rent. We brought our beach stuff from home.
There is a snack bar at both the beach pool and the resort pool. They have everything from snacks to burgers, chicken sandwiches, mozz. sticks, french fries, salads, and more. We also enjoyed the frozen alcoholic drinks and the fruit smoothies (non-alcoholic). There is no restaurant for dinner at either the resort or the beach. Dinner is on your own. We spoke to many locals to get recommendations and ate out most nights. There were some nice shops and restaurants right across the creek at the marina that we enjoyed.
Overall, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The accomadations to be quite satisfying and rustic looking, and look forward to returning next year. We did talk to many families with children that have come for several years in a row.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This warm home-away-from-home—fashioned after a 1940’s hospitable hunting and fishing lodge—combines Carolina charm with simple pleasures and outdoor fun. Accommodations No matter your family size, there’s a villa to fit your needs. The Resort rooms and suites feature colorful décor, numerous amenities and spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- Disney Hilton Head Resort
- Disney Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Island Resort
- Disneys Hilton Head Resort