We were in a Queen Room with no fireplace. It was a nice room but the water coming out of the tap was just plain foul and the bathroom had a very unpleasant smell. It had a very metallic taste and was slightly discolored. At first we thought this was how all of Hilton Head water was so we accepted it and used our bottled water to drink and brush our teeth.
Then next day we asked at the desk and the young lady said there was nothing she could do. After dining out we realized that other water on the Island was okay so the next day we again approached the desk to talk to a different young lady who agreed to move us midweek.
We moved into a Queen Fireplace which was very nice and thoroughly enjoyed the ambience of the fire as it was a bit chilly in the evenings. (The fireplaces are gas but manually turned on when a wall switch would make more sense). The water in this room was fine. The next day we talked to yet another person at the desk. (So far there had been a different person every day). This person finally admitted that they knew there was a water problem but that it was not limited to just one room, or the same room every time. With that information all I can say is if you experience funky water do NOT accept it and demand another room!
The breakfast served daily was good and had at least one item change daily. It certainly is a cost savings so you can use your money for dinner. Happy Hour from 5 to 7 got you 2 beers or glasses of wine. There were also cookies whcih were good but a strange sweet choice with alcohol. I would have much preferred fruit and cheese. There is a Harris Teeter within walking distance so we did get some cheese to enjoy with our drinks.
Each room has a small fridge but no microwave, which would be nice for reheating leftovers from dinner. Also, apparently only the King rooms have a jacuzzi but the bathroom is so large this property could easlly add those to every room.
If our room had a jacuzzi, a microwave, and there were no water problems, I would have rated this property as excellent.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Inn And Spa
- Main Street Hotel Hilton Head
- Main Street Hotel
- Main Street Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Main Street Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive in every detail, Festiva's Main Street Inn & Spa represents a time-honored tradition of luxury, enhanced with the most lavish amenities found in a modern premier hotel. We pamper our guests and constantly anticipate their needs. Our excellent concierge staff will help make your days most enjoyable - from arranging theatre tickets, tee-times and massage treatments to making reservations for gourmet dining in any of our over 200 fabulous local restaurants.A tranquil enclave awaits each guest. High ceilings, detailed moldings, heart-of-pine floors and European decor create a peaceful, relaxing ambiance. Each of our thirty-three guest rooms is appointed with exquisite period furnishings crafted in France. Your accommodations herald a night of pleasant dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Main Street Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.