“Inexpensive, wonderful 2 hour tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kayak Hilton Head, Inc.

Kayak Hilton Head, Inc.
11 Simmons Road, Hilton Head, SC 29926
843.684.1910
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphins, Dolphins, Dolphins.......the best place and way to see dolphins in Hilton Head! Providing recreational family kayaking and dolphin nature tours by both kayak and boat on Hilton Head Island. A great activity for beginners and experienced alike. Offering guests leisurely, fun, and educational nature tours. Our kayaks are easy to paddle and completely safe and comfortable. Both single and double kayaks are available. We’ve been teaching area visitors about the dolphins, birds, oysters, salt marsh and many other interesting things about our island for over 10 years!
Morristown, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
“Inexpensive, wonderful 2 hour tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went out with 5 newbie kayakers and we had a fantastic time. Our guide, Ben, who we met the night before at his full-time job at Fat Baby Pizza (which was very good), was a patient, knowledgeable guide. Single and double kayaks are available, the doubles being more stable. It is very safe and life jackets are mandatory. With the coupons, it was only $25 per person for a 2 hour excursion into the Broad Creek estuary. At first it was a bit challenging to "master" the balance and paddling technique, but after 5 minutes, no problem. We saw some very scenic seascapes, a few bird species, cormorans, pelicans and swifts. We also spotted about 6 or 7 dolphins, some very close to our kayaks. My guess is for experienced kayakers, this outing might be a tad boring, but for kayak virgins, this was FUN! If you can, ask for Ben for a guide.

9 attraction reviews
“Awesome trip, lots of dolphins, last fireworks of the season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We took the last Fireworks tour of the season with our guide Mary. Great (no, awesome!) experience! The kids had solo kayaks, while my wife and I shared a double. Rather large group - maybe 12 or so - with Mary, and there were another 4-5 groups on the water with us.

We left at high tide, so we plenty of water in the creek. Dolphins visited us several times - I think we saw 3 or 4 - and one swam all around our group (see photos). Mary was an awesome tour guide, and shared a lot of info about the creek, the island, and the flora and fauna.

We got back to the dock near dusk, and after a 30 minute wait, we were treated to an awesome fireworks show from Shelter Cover.

We highly recommend Kayak Hilton Head - great group to work with, great staff, and memories to last a lifetime.

Commack, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Shark Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Captain Bill offered a great shark excursion. He was very patient with my son and very informative about all the types of fish and sharks. We had a great time catching many different types of sharks including a hammerhead! Highly recommend

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Go with this crew!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Kayaking with dolphins had to be the highlight of our week at HH. My family loves to kayak but I had only canoed previously and never kayaked. I was panic-stricken until our guide Joe put me at ease and helped me figure out how to hold the paddle and maneuver the kayak. He was just wonderful with the whole group and made sure we saw all the wildlife and nature possible in our 2 hour session and shared lots of insight about HH and the preservation focus evidenced in the development of the island. It was a superb experience and we highly recommend this company for its friendliness online, by phone, and in-person, its ease of accessibility, and its incredibly competent staff. Both teenagers and parents in this family loved the experience and wouldn't hesitate to go again on a return trip, which we hope is as soon as next year!

Pippa Passes, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
“Great time with Kayak Hilton Head!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I took my daughter (10 yrs) to Kayak Hilton Head to try a kayak tour on Broadcreek. I believe it was one of the most enjoyable times we have had on our many travels.

Our guide Dave was very friendly and personable. He fully explained everything before his helpers assisted us into our boat. At no time did we feel unsafe, and this was only the second time we have tried this.

The trip lasted for two hours on the calm waters at Broad Creek. We saw many birds and quiet a few dolphins, which made my little girl's day! She rode in front and could paddle when she wished and rest when she needed a break.

The cost for the both of us in a 2-person kayak was $37.50. I felt this price was very reasonable.

I would strongly recommend Broadcreek to anyone interested in a kayak tour, and Kayak Hilton Head would be the company I suggest. I will definately use them again!

Visited July 2012