“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

3 Avocet Road, Hilton Head, SC 29938   |
Bloomington, Illinois
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Not a bad place to stay. The location is great for going to the beach and Coligny Plaza. The rooms are not generous but doable. Worked out okay for 3 kids especially with bunk beds. The kitchen is tight but Not bad. I really wish each unit had its own washer/dryer that is my only complaint.

• Stayed March 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cadiz, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We returned from a weeks stay at the Sea Crest Surf & Racquet Club on 2/24/2013. I was impressed with the condition of the two bedroom unit. Everything was in good working order, the beds comfortable, and the place was tastefully furnished. The big screen tv was welcome on the two days that it rained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were pristine. The location is just a block or so from the beach, and there was Easy to shopping, restraunts, grocery stores, etc. We would stay there again. I would give it 5 stars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Close to beach, shopping, restaurants, grocery store, bike rentals. Amenities perfect for the type of vacation we like (ability to eat in or out, catch some live music, watch sunrise and/or dolphins at beach, ride bikes safely on trails/beach, golf, relax by the pool and read/sleep etc).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE! This property is disgusting. I knew going into it that this property was a bit outdated, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The office smells horrible of cigarette smoke. They obviously smoke inside which is illegal. They should not be subjecting their guests to this at all. One morning we awoke to a partially eaten banana! (which was never opened...something chewed right through the peel!) Disgusting!! We told the office and she actually laughed it off that it must have been cold that night so a mouse came in and enjoyed our food. WHAT??? She said she would have someone set traps under the fridge and the stove...but of course, nobody ever came by. And I checked and there were never any traps set. And who wants to stay somewhere that you would have a dead mouse in a trap...or worse, it still alive and screaming until the poor things dies or someone removes it??? The sheets on the beds are like sandpaper! There are only two good things to this property...the location, and the fact that the water heats up instantly. But I would bet that you could find somewhere else much nicer in the same area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Sea Crest is an older timeshare property in Hilton Head. The units are spacious with plenty of room for 4 people (1 bedroom with loft). The property is definitely old, but it's convenient to the beach, and directly across the street from Coligny Plaza. You will either get a parking lot view, or a pool view. The pool is open late, so beware if you are sensitive to noise. Grocery store is in Coligny Plaza, very convenient if you want to cook your own meals.
The only downside for us was that we were next to the elevator. Voices echoed loudly because of the layout of the centrally located concrete and steel stairs and elevator. Hard to sleep when a group is visiting by the elevator.

Room Tip: Wonderful view of the sunset from rooms facing the pool. Get here early if you are checking in on t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Truckee, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a week and had an good time. The location is great as it is close to the beach, although the weather was most beach-going conducive on the day before we left, of course. The check-in office reeks of cigarette smoke and that is just disgusting, but the front desk ladies were very nice. The pools are nice, but the back pool was closed while we were there. Our unit was recently renovated, so there were some nice new appliances and new carpet, and a decent mattress on the bed. HOWEVER: one of the kitchen cabinets kept coming off it's hinges when I opened it (even after the maintenance guy came "fixed" it) and bonked me in the head when I bent down to get a pot to cook in, the hall closet door came off it's track rollers when I tried to open it to get a blanket out (they did fix that properly) and the cable tv would go fuzzy for no reason from time to time. We rented a couple of DVD's while we were there, but no one gave us instructions on how to play the dvd! (i.e. which buttons on the remote to push to get the tv and dvd player to talk to one another - which we tried to figure out on our own but eventually had to call the maintenance guy AGAIN - and even HE had a hard time figuring it out but eventually did!) A side note about the older maintenance guy - he asks where I'm from and then proceeds to say how he hates everything about California (nice customer service, dude!) and tries to engage me in a battle of words. Since I could tell he was an ignorant idiot, I disengaged and went to the grocery store - especially after he tries to tell me that whoever he votes for in the presidential election will beat the person that I am voting for (I guess he knew I was a liberal based on a few of my comments to him before I realized that I was engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed person!)...I should also mention that the people upstairs were sooooo noisy and kept opening and closing their slider to their balcony every few minutes and stomping around. The noise transference from upstairs to downstairs units was annoying, to say the least.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reminderville oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Been coming to the Sea Crest for the last five years and it has always been great. The staff is very nice and helpful. and is the best location on the Island.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sea Crest Surf & Racquet Club? Share your experiences!