“The Real Deal” 5 of 5 stars

843-785-9273
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 322 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: Authentic Lowcountry Style Cuisine prepared the way it used to be. All homemade, delicious Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomato BLT's, Banana pudding, Seafood, Soups, Salads and sandwiches, just to name a few. Fresh desserts and cakes prepared daily. Dine inside, or outside in a classic, Lowcountry Backyard garden complete with porch swing and oil lamps. Relax and share food, stories and advice with each other. Definitely, make yourself at home. Welcome!
Asheville, North Carolina
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wow! From the pimento cheese and fried green tomatoes to the crab cakes and moonshine cocktails - this place is awesome! Great outdoor dining with live music and fantastic service (thanks Mary). Don't be surprised if you have to wait - this isn't fast food (thank goodness) or a chain. We were stuffed to the gills when we left and didn't have room for dessert, but decided to order a slice of key lime pie to go - it was exceptional.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Calhoun, Georgia
“Great Food, Very NIce Atmosphere, Quiet Setting, Get the Grits!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family's first time at this place. Nice, true backyard-like atmosphere. Doesn't seat many. Food is terrific!...believe me...get the grits! My wife and I had shrimp and grits. Not much parking...and...get there early. We got there on a Wednesday at 5:15...was OK for seating, but a line was forming when we left. I do recommend!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illinois
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Loved this place! We ate in the backyard...beautiful, casual, family friendly outdoor setting. Fantastic home cooked southern meal. The menu is small but we absolutely loved everything we ordered. The shrimp and grits, the tomato sandwich, and the banana pudding...yum!!! We will definitely return next time we are in Hilton Head.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pennsylvania
“The Best on the Island! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We actually ate here twice last week during our vacation because it was so good. We went at lunch both times. No wait either time. We ate inside the first visit and outside the second. The Backyard was most improved since the last visit last year with the big umbrella covering the area and the fans. And there was increased seating which is a plus since this restaurant is so good.
Our meals were all very flavorful and served quickly. The first visit our meals included the crabcake sandwich, pulled pork, blackened swordfish sandwich, fried green tomato blt and kids burgers. I had the lima beans as a side and they were the best I have ever had! Now the mac n cheese I do have to add a little salt because it is a little lacking on flavor but it's still good. For dessert we had the banana pudding and the smores cheesecake which both were yummy. The second trip (just me and the two girls while the boys golfed) our entrees were the same but I changed my dessert to the peach cobbler...oh yeah it was so tasty and my oldest had the peanut butter pie which her words after the first bite were "oh yeah"! But the pudding is my favorite and I had to steal a couple bites from my younger daughter!
This restaurant is by far the best we have been to and we have been coming to HHI since 2001 and have been to many. Don't be scared away by reviews about long waits. Plan, get there early and enjoy!

“Deliciously adorable find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Very laid back atmosphere, especially sitting on the back patio. Food was delicious. Would recommend to anyone wanting a tasty breakfast.