“BRUNCH!!!” 5 of 5 stars

843-785-9273
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: Authentic Lowcountry Style Cuisine prepared the way it used to be. All homemade, delicious Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomato BLT's, Banana pudding, Seafood, Soups, Salads and sandwiches, just to name a few. Fresh desserts and cakes prepared daily. Dine inside, or outside in a classic, Lowcountry Backyard garden complete with porch swing and oil lamps. Relax and share food, stories and advice with each other. Definitely, make yourself at home. Welcome!
Springfield, Ohio
“BRUNCH!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Oh my, oh my, go for brunch. We've been here for dinner which is delish, but the brunch is so good I could go there every morning if that was an option.
I get the backyard eggs Benedict, however I do ask for a fried egg instead of poached which is no problem for the kitchen to accommodate.
We have tried many places for brunch but Lowcountry Backyard is by far the best!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oklahoma
“Finest comfort food around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

A trip to Hilton Head would not be complete until you visit the Lowcountry Backyard for at least one meal. My husband and I went here for a late lunch during our stay and will be back if we are ever in the area again. Hubby had the shrimp, sausage, and cheesy bacon grits, while I had the peach barbeque potato chip meatloaf with mac and cheese and collard greens. Absolutely yummy!

Visited September 2013
Boston, MA
“Good southern, home cooked meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were craving some good southern BBQ style food and this place did not disappoint!

The staff was amazing, treated us like long-lost family!

We started off with a moonshine tasting, it sounds scary, but they were surprisingly smooth! Make sure you try the White Lightning!

We had a party of 4 and a baby, we all got something different, and we all loved our choices! You wont go wrong here!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clarksburg, New Jersey
“Shrimp and Grits are Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We returned to LCB last month because of the great meals we had in May. This time, I manned up and tried the Shrimp and Grits for dinner. I sampled their grits in May and vowed to give the full meal a try. I am so glad I did. The dish was fantastic! I loved all the flavors that blended so well in my bowl. Shrimp, sausage, and bacon cream were wonderful. My wife had the fried Flounder sammie and really enjoyed it. There are other dished on the menu that I look forward to trying. I can't wait to return next year! For lunch on our second visit I had the BBQ Chicken/Bacon/Pimento Cheese sandwich. Three great things on a roll, what's not to love!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SW Illinois
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Hilton Head, and no trip is complete without a visit to A Lowcountry Backyard - or two! Their shrimp and grits are the best we've had anywhere ... So much so that I have a hard time even considering anything else on the menu. My husband does order other dishes and has never been disappointed. We are on the Island now and are already planning our second visit during the trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere