“Still My Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Authentic Lowcountry Style Cuisine prepared the way it used to be. All homemade, delicious Crab Cakes, Fried Green Tomato BLT's, Banana pudding, Seafood, Soups, Salads and sandwiches, just to name a few. Fresh desserts and cakes prepared daily. Dine inside, or outside in a classic, Lowcountry Backyard garden complete with porch swing and oil lamps. Relax and share food, stories and advice with each other. Definitely, make yourself at home. Welcome!
Bay Village, Ohio
“Still My Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My favorite on Hilton Head, one of my top five anywhere. The people are lovely, the food is authentic and fabulous. I'm not sure I will ever eat shrimp and grits anywhere else, ever again. They were that good. Best fried green tomatoes on the Ialand. Fish and chips were excellent. The desserts are always great.

“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the best meal we had on our recent trip to Hilton Head. All entrees were out of this world amazing! My kids split the meatloaf, which was delicious, my husband had the shrimp and grits which were very good and I had the fried green tomato BLT which was AMAZING! This is the BEST restaurant to truly experience homemade cooking. CANNOT wait to return!

Visited December 2012
Zanesville, Ohio
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a delightful lunch in the backyard on a beautiful, warm January day. I ordered the sandwich special which was a shrimpburger on flatbread. Delicious! My husband had the fish special, mahi-mahi with crabmeat stuffing. Excellent as well. Great waitress made the experience even better. This was our 3rd visit and we will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, GA
“Great place, Friendly hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We really liked the Lowcountry Backyard and we've been going to Hilton Head for over 15 years for vacation. Places come and go, but we hope this place stays for sure. The food was very good and it had both an island and southern flair. This is a comfort restaurant, so you won't feel out of place dressed casually and the prices were right in the middle (not too high and not super cheap). There is a great outside area that you can hang out in and even eat, but we were there in January. Overall, we'd really recommend you give them a try to see if it's to your liking.

Savannah, Georgia
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We expected the restaurant to be bigger but the food was great! My wife loved the Mahi and the shrimp and grits were unbelievably good.