“"A Double! Captain Brian with a cobia & my jack cravall"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 164 Activities in Hilton Head
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you're a beginner or an expert, let Capt. Brian Vaughn take you fishing and share his wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. Vaughn is dedicated to making every fishing trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for his clients. For over twenty years, Capt. Vaughn has guided some of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing charters in South Carolina.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Findlay, Ohio
“"A Double! Captain Brian with a cobia & my jack cravall"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have fished with Captain Brian over the last several years and have always had a great time. I have fished with my family and Brian has always been patient with those of my family who haven't fished a lot. He's always professional and enthusiastic! He knows the area very well has given us the opportunity to catch fish and enjoy the experience! We will be back next year!

Visited May 2014
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
What a memorable trip we had! For sure one of my rarest double header hook ups of all time with your monster jack and the cobia sight fishing on he surface. As always a pleasure to fish with you and your wife and I look forward to next year.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great Fishing Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been on several charter fishing trips off of Hilton Head and Brian is on the top of my list! He is very professional, organized, and knows the waters very well! We got our handful of sharks and also a nice size Redfish and Jack Cervale! My father and brother were on the trip as well and thoroughly joyed it.

Visited May 2014
Great to fish with you and your family and I hope to get you all back again soon!

Shakopee, Minnesota
“Fish on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Captain Brian is very professional to deal with. I emailed him about a month before our trip and he promptly emailed me back with directions, what to expect, etc. We talked on the phone a bit about fishing a day later.

May 12 - Our first day ever on the east coast and our first day fishing the atlantic. Clear sky and low humidity - a perfect day for fishing. Brian picked us up on time and wasted no time getting out to a spot that he had said was catching Cobia's by his other boat. A short time later, we were at the spot and ready. Not even 5 minutes with our lines wet, my oldest son (12) caught a 25Lb Cobia. What an experience to see!! My son was so tired but pumped up with adrenaline! We went on to catch over 7 bay sharks of various sizes. My youngest (9) caught the most bay sharks out all of us and he was so excited. After the tide slowed down, we moved to one other spot closer to the marina. Didn't catch a fish but we did get to see Brian's good friend - a dolphin!! The kids almost got to pet him too! Brian filleted the Cobia fish and even gave us a sample of a Spanish Mackel he caught earlier that day. We grilled them about 4 hours later...just enough for a family of four to have a full meal. Great stuff!!

Overall - I recommend Off the Hook for anyone that loves the ocean and fishing. Good times and Cheers to Brian for memorable trip.

Regards,
Lagro Family - Shakopee, MN

Visited May 2014
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
It was great to make a memorable first east coast fishing trip for you and your family. I love taking great families like yours out and look forward to hopefully fishing with you again next you are visiting Hilton Head Island.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Cory the Cobia Master”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you're going to Hilton Head and want to go fishing, look no further. Went out with Cory today and man, what a trip. Tons of action all day. Never a dull moment. Great hospitality. Couldn't be happier with the value of this 4 hour trip and next time I plan charter with Off the Hook for the full day. Save yourself the time and energy and just book with these guys. Highlight of my vacation!

Visited May 2014
Great going catching that big cobia and thanks for you great comments and we look forward to fishing with you again!

Phoenix, Arizona
“One Fish, two Fish big freaking Redfish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was my first trip fishing on the East Coast. Boy, did I ever hit a homerun choosing Off the Hook Charters!!! How does the nursery rhyme go, one Fish two Fish big freaking redfish, oh ya, and a 5 1/2 foot BLACKTIP shark!!!! Good times!!! Capt. Corey was AWESOME!!!

Visited May 2014
Glad you guys had a great trip with Captain Cory. He does a great job helping me out with my business.

Hope that we can get you back out next time you are visiting Hilton Head.