“What a great day!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Come fish the beautiful inshore waters of the Lowcountry with Captain Brian Vaughn and Byron Sewell both natives of Hilton Head Island with over 25 years experience guiding inshore, offshore, light tackle and fly fishing charters. You will be fishing on a brand new 2014 Egret flats boat or 22ft. Pathfinder bay that can accommodate up to 4 passengers. These boats are equipped with only the finest fly, spin and conventional fishing tackle. Sight fish for redfish year round on the beautiful flats and estuaries of Hilton Head & Beaufort. Target other species including tarpon, cobia, sharks, spanish mackerel, speckled trout and many more on a seasonal basis. During your charter view dolphins and many other species of wildlife. Whether you're a beginner or an expert let us take you fishing and share our wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. We are very dedicated to making every trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for our clients. Fish with OFF THE HOOK FISHING CHARTERS and experience one of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing guide services in South Carolina!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Colton, New York
8 attraction reviews
“What a great day!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a fantastic morning trip with Captain Brian! My husband (an avid fisherman) and I (a complete landlubber) fished and my father and uncle are photographers. He accommodated both interests so well. He was sure to point out all of the points of interest along our way AND find huge fish for us to catch! The boat was well set up for fishing and had all the gear and a few nifty gizmos and gadgets. Not only was he a great guide but he was also a great teacher on how to fish for the particular species we were fishing for. We had an absolute blast. We can't wait to book our trip with him next year!

Visited February 2014
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
It was pleasure to have the 4 of you on board and it sure was a beautiful morning for fishing and taking photos. I hope to get you all back out next year!

Glendale, Arizona
“red fish at Hilton Head, SC Feb 24, 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a great morning fishing. Captain Brian was great, knew just were to go. The 2 of us caught 10 large Red Fish within 2 hours!!! Was our first time fishing in SC and hope to return again!!

Visited February 2014
What a incredible morning we had fishing here in Hilton Head. It doesn't get much better!
I am glad you two had a great time and I hope to fish with you again!

Captain Brian
Ada, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
“Fantastic fun fishing with a real pro.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I wanted to give my husband a fishing charter for Christmas. Reviews for Off The Hook were good and word of mouth from other locals was excellent so I went ahead with a half day trip. The weather warmed up and we booked for Feb.23rd. I am not a fisherman, but my husband is and by the end of the trip I was talking him into another charter! Brian knows his stuff and after explaining what to look for we could see the fish coming. He grew up on the island and showed us how he used dolphin hunting and osprey circling to find the fish. We had a blast and landed two big redfish! The boat and equipment were prestine. Capt. Brian Vaughn is so knowledgeable and a really nice guy...you cannot go wrong with Off The Hook. Brian is also an artist so ask him about his fish prints which would make a fantastic gift.

Visited February 2014
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
It was very nice to meet you and your husband and I am glad you two had a great time. I hope to fish with you again later this year.

Thanks again!

Medfield, Massachusetts
“Big day on the Water!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Brian is a great guide upbeat, encouraging and patient with a couple of "Greenhorns". We really enjoyed the fishing, local knowledge and catching Redfish for the first time! We'll be back and try our luck with the summer season.

Thanks Brian for introducing us to South Carolina in shore fishing.

Visited February 2014
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
It's was a pleasure to have you and your son onboard and I am glad you enjoyed your first time fishing in South Carolina. Look forward to fishing with you again in the summer.

4 attraction reviews
“February 18th Great Success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Today Captain Brian lead us offshore to black fishing bliss. The Captain skillfully maneuvered us atop the reef where the bite was relentless. We arrived at the spot after a quick scenic trip around the island's tip and achieved our limit shortly thereafter. And we fished in comfort from the deck of a fine watercraft-- so smooth was the ride. Finally, the captain's exuberance cannot be understated. He genuinely wallows in your success.

Visited February 2014
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Once again another great fishing trip with you and I really appreciate your business!

We are knocking away at a different species each trip that we fish together which is my goal for the years to come!

Thanks again!