“BEST FISHING TRIP EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 164 Activities in Hilton Head
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you're a beginner or an expert, let Capt. Brian Vaughn take you fishing and share his wealth of knowledge acquired from an entire life on and around Hilton Head Islands waters. Vaughn is dedicated to making every fishing trip a safe, productive and a memorable experience for his clients. For over twenty years, Capt. Vaughn has guided some of the best inshore, light tackle & fly fishing charters in South Carolina.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“BEST FISHING TRIP EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I meet Captain Brian on line and what a gentleman and great fisherman, I think my son and I found a friend in Brian, We caught a 50lb Cobia right off the bat I know that was lucky but with his experience he was able to put us on the fish and made the day a great success, we will definitely be back next year.

Manassas, Virginia
“Catching Fish (Cobia) was a Bonus!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Off the Hook Fishing Charters with Capt. Brian Vaughn is a must if you are going to Hilton Head Island. The boat was clean enough to eat off! Excellent well maintained equipment. Outstaning instruction for both the experienced and beginner fisherman/woman. Brian works extreemly hard keeping the hooks baited, lines in the water and the people happy by putting the boat in the best fishing spots. While moving spots Brian entertained us with island life stories, while birds, dolphins and other things were pointed out. We caught stingrays, sharks, blues. whiting and in the last few minutes of the trip a 30# cobia! Honestly, the great fish we caught was a bonus. Capt. Brian Vaugh makes a trip for anyone fun.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Settle for Sharks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

A good captain can be tough to come by and I think Brian at Off The Hook did a great job. What people need to remember is that is called fishing and not catching. Brian worked hard to try and find Redfish and Cobia. He couldn't find them so we started going after sharks. It was a thrill to pull in these two beauty's and an even bigger thrill to hold them. I would definetly use Off The Hook again!

Huron, Ohio
“Good Redfish Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Capt Brian really did his job today. Kept us on a good Redfish bite despite strong winds. He is very precise in his fishing and boating and makes it look easy. Patient with both the young and old. Made for a very memorable day. We will be back, if we get the chance!!! 6 nice redfish to 9 lbs in a three hour trip. Biggest trick is he got the whole day's live bait with one throw of his castnet. Those were crucial and that is talent!!

Visited April 2011
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
It was a pleasure to fish with you and your sons on one of the more challenging weather days I have had to fish this year!

Look forward to fishing all of you again someday!

Thanks

Capt. Brian
Arlington, Virginia
“What A Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This was my third trip taking my two boys (11,9) and dad fishing with Brian Vaughn / Off The Hook Fishing Charters. What a day! After filling the morning with the action of catching multiple redfish, bluefish, and flounder, Brian spotted cobia about fifty yards from the boat. We cast and boom! I pulled in a 39" cobia after a twenty minute fight. A great cap on an outstanding morning of in-shore fishing.
Not only is the fishing excellent, but the natural beauty of fishing around Hilton Head is not to be missed.
Moreover, Brian not only knows the waters around Hilton Head as well as anyone, he has a passion and talent for spotting and catching the area's best sport fish. He also keeps his boat (Redfish 18' - I think) and gear tip-top. I take my family to Hilton Head frequently, so in writing this review, though, I feel like I'm revealing one of my island secrets.

Visited April 2011
OffTheHookCharters, Owner at Off The Hook Fishing Charters, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Chris,

Once again it was a pleasure to with you and your family and I look forward to our next adventure.

Thanks!