“Dinner cruise was a joke” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Vagabond Cruise is Hilton Head Islands original sightseeing & excursion cruise operator located below the lighthouse in world famous Harbour Town since 1968. From dolphins to dinner, Savannah to sailing Vagabond has the Cruise for you!
5 attraction reviews
“Dinner cruise was a joke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on this cruise this evening. Thank god we didn't pay for this. Our service was awful. We were ignored by our waiter and didn't get refills at all. Food was ok at best. Didn't get to see much as far as the cruise. Did however see some dolphins which was the best part. Save your money if your thinking about going.

MCrank99, Manager at Vagabond Cruise, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I am extremely sorry that your service was poor. One thing we take a huge amount of pride in is our service. As you can see from the many great reviews the service is what we are known for however, there is no excuse for poor services and we are truly sorry. If you are still on the island I would love for an opportunity to change your perspective of Vagabond Cruise! If you get the chance give me a call! My name is Mike.

I will definetly make sure this lackluster service is a thing of the past! From all of us at Vagabond Cruise we apologize!

Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
“In a word: Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have never commented on a travel site but my "beyond my expectations" experience recently prompted me to finally do so.

My husband and I were traveling to Hilton Head Island to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We wanted to spend our actual anniversary night on a sunset cruise and had selected Vagabond Cruise after much research. Just three short days before our cruise, I got this notion that renewing our vows on a ship would be so unique, so romantic. Never did I imagine it could be pulled off on such short notice. I emailed Vagabond and before I knew it, Elise, their Private Charter & Events Sales Manager, offered me a few possible options.

With such a quick turnaround, I really wasn't expecting it to happen.

But happen it did! We were greeted at the docks by Captain Chuck, in full dress in the Carolina sun, along with Charlie, his First Mate, and Mike, Food & Beverage Manager. They put us completely at ease and before we knew it we were renewing our vows. Not only did they add the special touches such as video taping and taking still photos of the ceremony, a chilled bottle of champagne was awaiting us following the celebration. I quickly 'fell in love' with the three of them and enjoyed hearing about their backgrounds.

Our cruise was as we had hoped for...beauty everywhere. First Mate Dave made sure our evening celebration continued including making sure I saw dolphins! He was so knowledgeable and fun---the ship's guests all seem to really take to him!

Not sure who from Vagabond was in charge of the weather, but kudos on that as well!! ;)

From start to finish, our experience was one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments. This crew clearly knows what it takes to make that happen.

I have been impressed with Elise from her immediate offer to help make this request a reality, to her follow-through on the details, and then her follow-up after the ceremony. Her professionalism and kind spirit ensured our evening would be a win-win!!

If you are traveling to the Island, please take my advice and hop aboard one of Vagabond's many options. And should you have a special need, I am certain they will do their best to accommodate your request.

We can't wait to get back to the Island and visit with our new "friends" soon!

Thanks Vagabond for our special memories!!

Visited June 2013
“Great trip, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently took one of the Greg Russell Bubblegum Dolphin Cruises. It was fantastic! The captain gave a very informative narration, and the kids and adults really enjoyed it. We saw dolphins and their babies, and had a guided tour of the area. At $20 for almost 2 hours, it was a great value! I highly recommend it to families!

Fresno, California
4 attraction reviews
“A must do if visiting Hilton Head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Vagabond cruise offers a variety of different excursions for one to choose from. During my recent extended visit I had the opportunity to experience most of them. The dolphin cruise is fun and very educational. I learned so much about the surrounding low country and took some pretty amazing photos and the dolphins put on a great show. Captain John Wamp was an exceptional captain and a great and extremely knowledge guide. The staff was also very professional and extremely nice and accommodating.

My other experience was aboard the historic Savannah cruise. This was so much fun as it was my first time visiting historic downtown Savannah. What a trip it was as I did not have to worry about the hassles of parking and enjoyed a very scenic hour and a half boat ride. The boat was clean and comfortable and most importantly when I went to the restroom I didn't even feel like I was on a boat. The bathrooms are modern and clean. There's a full bar and snacks available for purchase on board as well. I hands down recommend this trip for anyone looking to visit Savannah.

Vagabond Cruise also offers a dinner cruise 5 nights a week which I have yet to experience. But judging from the recent reviews on tripadvisor its a knock out smashing success and I will definatly be adding it to my must do list for when I return.

The staff at the charter information center showcased excellent customer service and went above and beyond to assist me with my reservations. Its clearly evident that customer service at this agency is taken very seriously.... Kudos to the management team.....

If you don't have visiting vagabond Cruise on your to do list while visiting Hilton head your truly missing out.

Visited May 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Outstanding service and an overall wonderful experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went on the Spirit of Harbour Town Dinner Cruise for our anniversary on June 15, 2013. It was an excellent choice to spend our anniversary evening! The trip was enjoyable, the food was good, and the customer service was excellent. Our server, Ashley, was truly outstanding! She was courteous, friendly, professional and competent! It was apparent to us that she truly enjoyed her job. Thanks, Ashley for a job well done! The drink manager, Michael, was also outstanding. He took the extra time to ensure that everything was the best that it could be. We strongly recommend this dinner cruise, especially for a special event, such as a birthday or anniversary.