“Las Vegas meets Hilton Head” 5 of 5 stars

843.785.4850
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Las Vegas meets Hilton Head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

WONDERFUL! We went on 1/2 prices tapas Tuesday. Absolutely order the baked Brie-out it this world! We did not like the fried green tomatoes-missing a ton of flavor! Needed salt! the deviled egg tapas was pretty good. Our entree was the ribeye! Mouth watering deliciousness! Perfectly cooked! For dessert we had the sweet potatoe bread pudding-what a perfect ending! FABULOUS!!!! Dont consider any other dessert-order the sweet potatoe dessert! TO DIE FOR!!! Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, NC
“All that we had hoped it would be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We are fans of Chef Irvine's no-nonsense approach to food and service, so were thrilled that his restaurant lived up to all our expectations. As soon as the host and our attentive waiter (Robert - another one!) found out it was my birthday, they did all they could to make sure I had a lovely experience. From our cocktails (expertly poured and mixed), appetizers (bruchetta, killer crab soup), entrees (perfect scallops, delectable short ribs), to the desserts(ridiculous cake, sweet potato bread pudding - to die for!), everything was superb! Our only disappointment was the coconut shrimp appetizer, which was breaded much too heavily, but that did nothing to dampen our overall experience. The icing on the cake (pun intended) was that Chef Robert actually came into the restaurant while we were there. We discreetly introduced ourselves to him and to Tom Bury, his construction manager from the show. They could not have been more cordial, and spent several minutes chatting with us and our teenage son, who is a big fan. How nice - and how rare - when a personal hero does not disappoint! We plan to make this our destination restaurant every time we are in Hilton Head.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“A good restaurant but did not live up to its expectations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had reservations and were seated immediately....actually did not need them as those without reservations were seated immediately in the bar area. Our food was good, as was our service. They don't easily accommodate special requests....eat it our way or don't come in. But we adapted and just did not eat what we could not.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rock Hill, SC
“Excellent food: a few service flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The food here was excellent; we had the Caesar salad, the Artisan salad, the gnocchi tapas, the filet, the ribeye, the short rib, the ridiculous cake, the sweet potato bread pudding and the apple cobbler. Each and every item was delicious, and expertly prepared. Steaks were generously sized, perfectly seasoned and served at the exact temperature ordered. Also, the drinks (Malbec, martini and mojito) were fabulous; generous pours, well mixed). The only flaw we experienced was in food service time. Our server himself was excellent, but we waited close to 30 minutes for our entrees to arrive (after already having salads and gnocchi). We were told a station was down, which I understand, but the wait was still a disappointment. Also, all 3 desserts were not served at the same time. These two minor flaws did not detract from the overall meal; I will definitely be back. The food is worth the money spent at this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Johns, Michigan, United States
“Bad Gluten-Free Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

While we had a server who was friendly and familiar with the need to be gluten-free, I was served my appetizer of baked brie with wheat bread (while still waiting for my husband's gluten-free devilled eggs that were nothing special). Unfortunately, I ate a bite before they came bake to take it away. That was enough to make me sick enough to miss the rest of our plans for the last night of our trip and for the next three days. As upsetting as that was, all they did was say they were sorry and replace it with a new dish- of not-so-baked- brie.

The atmosphere would have been wonderfully romantic except they stuck us in a corner by the kitchen when the rest of the place had only a couple of seated groups.

The rest of the meal was fine, but it was so slow coming that my stomach pains from the first course started before I could enjoy the entrée. I was very disappointed that they did not even acknowledge the issue further, the manager did not check on me, and they did not comp even that dish.

What insulted me most was they asked for a review at the end of dinner, and that offered to have them contact me about my bad experience- and they have not contacted me in the week and a half since. The mistake was BAD when they new I had a serious health issue, but how they handled it was unacceptable! Not what I would expect after watching Mr. Irvine criticize so many other establishments.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere