“Consistency is the sign of a great restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Tapas, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Chicago, IL
“Consistency is the sign of a great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've eaten at Eat! at least a dozen time and the consistency of the food is remarkable. I've had crab bisque at many restaurnts on Hilton Head and theirs, to my palate, is the best.

Few restaurant remove the spine from the romaine lettuce in a Ceasar Salad but Eat! does.

The brined pork chop is flavorful and tender. The shrimp n' grits is the real deal and the tapas menu give one the opportunity to "tour the kitchen" without breaking the bank.

From time to time the service can be spotty, but that seems to be the result of trying to cater to the local resident's as well as the island visitors. That has to be a staff planning problem for any restaurant.

If I could ask one thing it would be to brighten the decor up just a bit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hilton Head
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I ordered Blackened Salmon and Grits. Since I am from Atlanta originally, I know what grits should taste like. These tasted like Quaker Instant Cheese grits. The fish was "blackened" by burning it on a flat top grill. No flavor or spices.

hunterdon county nj
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

After eating at EAT several times, we can say we always enjoy the experience. The food is always top notch and creative, the service good and the decor very chic. Has become a HHI favorite.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Oh so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

So good. We came in from a long bike ride from our resort. The couple we were with watch his show religiously so we thought we would try it. So glad we did. Tuesdays in October are 1/2price tapas night.
Every tapas was melt in your mouth delicious. I started with the corn dog shrimp. The batter surrounding the shrimp I imagined as deep fat fried hunk if dough. But far from that was served. I got a melt in your mouth experience you will never find anywhere. The batter was lit and delicious and the shrimp was juicy. My husband ordered the BBQ slider and it was moist and filled with plenty of meat. So good. In short we ordered about all the tapas and everyone was so melt in your mouth delicious. We ordered the oysters, crab cakes(my favorite out of everything), prime steak sliders, duck wing and fried green tomatoes(our least favorite, only because we believe the tomatoes were too green), the ramen noodle and crab bisque along with the previous mentioned tapas. We loved our waiter Lawrence (Irving look alike). He was so kind that when he messed up any part of our meal he credited it back to our account. You do not get honesty and good service like that just anywhere. Tis waiter truly wanted us to have a great experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wow! I can picture Robert sitting at the end of the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

And we almost did, lol. He was there a week before us, so close! First off, if you want to eat in the restaurant make reservations. We didn't and the restaurant was completely booked for the night. We put our name in for a table in the bar but when we found two seats at the bar available, the manager told us the bar was completely first come, first serve so we could sit there. We debated waiting for a table but D'Arcy, one of the bartenders, jumped in and convinced us she would love to have our company! We went on Tuesday's half price Tapas night. The list of Tapas is big with wonderful choices. We decided to eat only Tapas off the menu. D'Arcy recommended a good Pinot Grigio they import directly from Italy to Hilton Head and it turned out to be the perfect choice. I have to say, all of our choices were good but the absolute best were our first and last choices. D'Arcy paid good attention to us and we ordered Tapas in several rounds. Started with the She Crab Bisque and let me tell you, it was one of the best I ever had. And it paired perfectly with the wine. Ordered crab cakes and oysters next. Both were good but the oysters were definitely more unique and I liked them better. Next we ordered mushroom gnocchi and fried green tomatoes. Of all the dishes we had, fried green tomatoes were the most beautifully presented. And now for the best part, we decided to order the Baked Brie with Caramel Sauce and Flatbread last. Wow! It was exquisite and perfect as a dessert and made even more perfect paired with the Pinot Grigio.

• Visited October 2012