“Another Fabulous Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
WiseGuys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 322 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Merchant Street
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Another Fabulous Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I returned to Wise Guys last night looking forward to their Greek rack of lamb. Unfortunately, lamb prices have skyrocketed, so we decided to try something different. We began our meal with a shared bowl of she crab soup. Perfectly blended spices with a hint of sherry made this soup extremely tasty (and without being too heavy). My husband then ordered the Seafood Trio with cod, shrimp and scollops and loved it. I chose a combination platter of grouper Daufuskie (served with a mustard based cream sauce) and Chilean Sea bass . The grouper was very good, but the sea bass was extraordinary- crusted and seared, on lobster risotto.

Our server, Danny, actually remembered us from a previous visit. He is a seasoned professional who is personable, efficient and knowledgeable about all menu options.

Wise Guys continues to be one of our favorite restaurants on the island. It's menu is very diversified- something for all appetite sizes and tastes.

Littleton, Colorado
“50th Birthday Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We visited Hilton Head to celebrate my 50th birthday and Wise Guys was our choice for the "big" celebration.

We started with salads and tuna sliders. The Wise Guys salad was terrific. On to the main course ... My husband had surf & turf and reported that his steak was perfectly cooked. Ditto for our traveling companion who also had filet mignon. My friend and I split filet sliders and the pizzetta special.

We had chocolate fondue and fancy martinis for dessert. Personally, my favorite part of dinner was the 2011 Turley Zin off their special wine list. It was a great surprise to find this little gem.

Service was great. Actually, the service was amazing -- I saw something that restored my faith in humanity. An elderly couple had dined with a group of friends. The gentleman was having a hard time getting up so asked a passing waiter for some help. The waiter was so kind and the. escorted the couple to the front door, making sure he could get his walker though with ease.

Laurinburg, North Carolina
“Excellent dinner with a great twist on the classics”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for the first time nov 15th. It was delicious! We had the shrimp and lobster wonton appetizer. I didn't want to be too stuffed to enjoy my dessert, so I ordered the filet sliders. Perfection on a plate! My husband had a filet and it was well cooked. We enjoyed the sides as well (salad, veggies, mac&cheese). For dessert we had the banana fosters crepes. All of our food was as good as any we have ever had. One tiny complaint, we sat in the back room at a small table for 2 that was pushed up very close against a wall. It felt a little tight and lacked any privacy. Despite that I would go back to wiseguys tonight if I could. A great find in hilton head.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, Canada
“Dinner at Wise Guys on November 12th 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed their tapas. The service is fast, efficient and friendly. On our last visit we were served by Sam - he was exceptional and we shall ask for him by name on future occasions. If you liketo share food try tapas such as their shrimp and calamari, Mediterranean plate and fish cakes. All are excellent. There are two sections in the restaurant - the front has a bar and high tables. The back is more standard restaurant style and was renovated a year or two back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Linn, OR
“Excellent food & an outstanding waiter, Isaac.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

6 of us had the best service from Isaac. The champagne, wine and food was excellent! Will definetely be returning. The prices are so reasonable!