“Decent stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Save Saved
You added Ramada Hilton Head to your Saves list
Ramada Hilton Head
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Museum Street, Hilton Head, SC 29926 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Hilton Head)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Decent stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was visiting a friend and his family for a few days, and needed a cheap place to sleep at night, and this place did the trick.

The good- The price- got a good deal on priceline. Parking is easy. The place is right off 278 which makes it convenient, and places close by to eat. Front desk staff is friendly, and the place seems pretty safe. our room was clean as well.

The not good- Our key stopped working half way through our trip, which was an inconvenience when you have a hand full of shopping bags in your hand and have to walk all the way around to get your key reactivated. I had a tough time staying connected to their wifi, which Im not even sure was theirs. Although the room appeared clean, it had a very strong musty smell that I could not get rid of. The worst part- Going to get breakfast and they were completely out of all the hot food items. No eggs, no sausage, no biscuits, while the breakfast attendant hid around the corner in her little room and would only peak her head out when someone requested the coffee be refilled. Was not a good start to my morning.

Overall I had a decent stay. The price was right. I just recommend going to breakfast as soon as it opens or be prepared to be hungry.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MinaBhakta, Manager at Ramada Hilton Head, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. As a seasoned TripAdvisor reviewer we certainly take a great deal of interest in your review. I am pleased that overall you had a good visit to the hotel. We have noted that we need to have more help in the breakfast room and have added a helper during busy days . We would love to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Trafalgar, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My room had black mold, holes in the walls, peeling paint, and old furniture. The only reason we stayed is there was nothing else available with it being a holiday weekend. The room key had to be reprogrammed daily. The only plus is this hotel served a decent breakfast with many options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry there were some issues during your visit to our hotel. I am sure you were terribly uncomfortable with the room condition. I will be reaching out to you via traditional channels to see if we can make this right for you! We will be completely renovating this place in few months and have already started the work . Thank you for writing a review.
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We needed a last minute place to stay and the Ramada was one of the only places that had a room. Checking in was a little annoying. There was a long line and it sounded like most of the people in front of had difficulty with their reservations. The desk person walked away in the middle of checking us in and started talking to another employee. She also did not give very specific or clear directions on how to get to our room or how to access an elevator. Once we got to the room, we were quite disappointed. The room smelled musty and the desk chair and bathroom ceiling had mold on them. The floors did not look clean and the air conditioner was noisy. The toilet seat was in bad shape and none of us wanted to use the bathroom at all. We would not stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry for the room conditions . We are deep cleaning the rooms and replacing and repairing and renovating this place. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Save yourself the headache and spend your hard earned money elsewhere!!! We made a reservation for a suite and called two days prior to our arrival to double check our online reservation availability, and were told yes our suite will be available. We arrived July 4 and there was pure chaos in the lobby. Many other customer's had issues as
well with their room/reservation. Six of us
stuffed in a room with 2 queenbeds.
The manager Mina is a crook, please do not waste your time booking here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
We are converting this hotel to Ramada . It used to be Quality Inn .I had explained to you that I do not have access to the reservations that were made through Quality Inn system and when there is a busy weekend like 4th of July weekend, there were some guests who had made reservations long time ago and were never informed about the change of the brand and when they arrived at the hotel We tried to accommodate everyone and we did give you one complimentary room next day when we had availability. I am terribly sorry for all the inconvenience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stopped for the night after seeing a coupon in one of those free travelers guides. At $80 we thought we would get a decent room , especially after we were told it was part of a Ramada chain. A brown stained wash cloth met me in the shower while my husband discovered the stench in the room was coming from bags of unknown substances in the night stand. Got our money back , traveled down 95 a little and for a few bucks more stayed at an amazing Hampton Inn

Stayed June 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I travel first time to This place and I found this property which can truly save some money on my Vacation. I am impressed with everything about this property. It is Super Clean and Staff welcomes me with smile every time I come inside or go outside . They guide me about all places need to spend time on vacation. I will recommend all traveler this place to make perfect vacation plan.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here few times in last year and found they have now new management. New management looks more professional in customer service and keeping property more cleaner then every before in last all my stay. I will surely recommend this place to all tourist travelling to Hilton head SC.

Room Tip: I enjoyed most of rooms on my stay for last year.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Hilton Head? Share your experiences!