“Avoid this place” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Avoid this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for three nights on the Independence day week.
The room was old and damp. The bath room door was not closing.
AC water was leaking in every floor. The lift was suffocating and we had to fight for Breakfast every day.
Unmanagable crowd.
This is the worst Quality Inn we have seen so far.
The good part is to avoid this hotel we used to go for trips from morning till night and saw most of the things in Hilton Head Island and Savanah GA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here for three nights - almost switched to Days Inn, but reviews of that weren't great.

It's a older property but not a bad one. For $84/night (before taxes and fees) it seems way overpriced. It is on the north side of the island and a few miles away from almost anything (other than "Main Street"). Days Inn and Red Roof Inn I believe were cheaper and more centrally located.

We checked in with no problems - the room seemed clean. There was no noticeable smell to it. The walls have been repainted tons of time giving it an interesting texture. The only issue we had was no toilet paper in the bathroom, which the desk took care of. There was one bulb in a lamp that was dead, and one that was very flaky, but didn't bother us enough to say anything.

The beds were comfortable in my opinion. I usually hate hotel beds, but slept very soundly on these.

The TV is a CRT, no biggie - just saying. Oddly enough they had a June flyer for HBO in the room, but could not find it in the channels. Almost every outlet in the room had something plugged into it, which was an issue for all the USB chargers and my cpap, so several things were unplugged to make due.

The AC units seemed to have a condensation run-off issue, the result being you were dripped on going up the stairs. However, the AC in the room worked great, which in SC in the summer is nice!

The breakfast was typical but good - waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, danishes, coffee, and a few other things. Had to ask if the sausage gravy was homemade - was told it was canned.

Everyone from the front desk, to the breakfast crew to housekeeping were nice. The first floor has rocking chairs out front which was a nice touch.

The pool was closed most of the time we were there as a previous guest seemed to have confused it for the bathroom (ew). The area was fine, felt safe. There is an Applebee's on the property, with a 10% discount, a Burger King across the road (easy to walk to) and a Wendy's across the highway (not walkable).

I'd stay here again, but would most likely try to find a better deal if I could.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
silver spring, maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff is not friendly. The hotel is leaking water from a/c every floor. Wi-Fi is not working at all. Call front desk, still not fix the problem. The room is not clean. Hair on the tub and sink.
the breakfast is ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We showed up in Hilton Head with my in laws and were supposed to be accommodated from their timeshare presentation company. Unfortunately, the one room they were given would not accommodate all 4 adults so my husband and I had to look for alternate arrangements last minute. This hotel was a good deal considering that down by the beach the hotels are $322 per night. But this place was not worth what we paid! For $365 for 3 nights we had a room with an odor, a hole in the wall, green streaks and puddles on the walkways to the room from the AC units, no shampoo because they ran out, a moisture problem unless the AC is on full blast, a rather scant breakfast, corroded fixtures, a scary ride in a smelly elevator. The only thing I didn't have a problem with was the bed. The beds were clean. I would never stay here again. I know that prices are inflated in Hilton Head and during peak season too, but there is no way that this stay should have been more than $200!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel in the past month. The first time we left our dogs (black lab and husky) at home but on our second trip we brought them along with us for our 3 night stay. I had already booked and paid for the room in advance and as we went to check in I was told that there was a $150 nonrefundable fee for dogs weighing over 40 lbs. NO WHERE on their website was this information displayed. I understand a cleaning fee, but I felt that I was not informed of vital information, and unfortunately had to fork out the money. Angie, at the front desk, didn't seem to care about my frustration. She told me she would have a manager call me the following day, which never happened. Also, there was half a gallon of milk that had been left behind in our refrigerator when we arrived, our bathroom sink was completely clogged and had to have maintenance use a plunger to unclog it, and the most disgusting thing was the dead cockroach in the yogurt bin during their continental breakfast. Seriously! The staff appears to hate their job. Melissa, the manager, was the only pleasant staff member we crossed paths with, but unfortunately did nothing to alieviate the pet fee situation. She said she would talk to who updates their webpage so that the fee would be displayed....gee thanks. That was the last time I will be staying there, and I recommend that you don't either.

• Stayed June 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We checked in and probably would have stayed at least one night, but it didn't work out. We couldn't get wifi. We had to call the front desk 5 times and they just kept saying they would get the maintenance guy to reboot the router. When that didn't work they suggested it was out computers. We went room to room with the guy to prove it wasn't. "No one else has complained" yeah, none of them have a computer....look at them! Remember, you do get what you pay for!!!

I had to unplug the microwave to plug in my computer and realized that area under the desk hadn't been cleaned in a very long time.

Room Tip: I have nothing to add to this
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
concord, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Just needed a last minute stay on way home from vacation and had not been to Hilton Head before. Got a great rate as a Choice Hotels member so we chose this property. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, shower was hot...all I really look for in a room. You do have to drive to places but typically tourists here rent bikes so its not such a big deal. The ONLY negative I have is we were wakened by housekeeping staff having a boisterous conversation outside our room. They should remember walls are thin! Otherwise a comfortable stay!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Hilton Head? Share your experiences!