“Hotel stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hilton Head

Save Saved
You added Ramada Hilton Head to your Saves list
Ramada Hilton Head
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Museum Street, Hilton Head, SC 29926 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Hilton Head)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
Covington, Georgia
“Hotel stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This motel is in an excellent location for many of the great golf courses on Hilton Head. It is a little rough around the edges, but I would stay there again without a problem. It may not be a best place to try to impress your wife....

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if possible..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had to find a place to stay due to a death in the Family, and I found a great deal online for this hotel. I stayed there with my mother. We were shocked at how nice it was for the price and we were not expecting it. The room was nice and well apppointed. It was also very clean.
The property had a lot of charm, although it was an older place. The staff was nice, efficient, and very helpful. Even the breakfast provided, which was not necessary, was very good. I cannot imagine another place in Hilton Head being as nice as this for the price. I actually enjoyed my stay enough to want to go back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Edisto Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff at this particular hotel has really gone out of their way to make my stays more comfortable / enjoyable. I have stayed at this motel ( the Quality Inn at 200 Museum Ave. Hilton Head Is., SC 29926) about 25 to 30 nights over the past 6 months. Their staff, specifically Michelle , Matt and Angie, have been awesome! They know me by name, know which room is my favorite and try to accommodate me and my quirks, whenever possible. For example, Matt and Angie know that I usually come straight to the motel to check in after I get off work late at night and before I go out for diner, and that I really appreciate their having a chocolate chip cookie available. Michelle knows that I need two receipts, so when I check out, she prints up 2 copies for me without my having to ask. Michelle is often there in the morning and Matt and Angie are there at night (when I always check in). However, on one evening when Michelle was on duty, she actually called my room about 5 minutes after I had checked in just to make sure that everything was satisfactory! (The previous visit I had voiced a complaint about the TV not working). I really do appreciate their going the extra mile to provide me with such excellent service! Although there are other motels which are a little less expensive and located closer to where I work at Hilton Head, I choose to stay at this location because of the excellent service.

Room Tip: I've stayed in several of the rooms over the past 6 months. They all have had good firm mattress...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is an older motel, but the property is well kept. The pool is great for the kids as well as the putting green! The breakfast is very good with fresh bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries, juices, and other items. What's not to like! You would pay at least $7 each for breakfast at a restaurant per person. Apply that to the very reasonable cost of the room and you have a terrific value!

Room Tip: You can request a roll-a-way bed for additional sleeping space for kids!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel offers clean rooms, a great breakfast and a staff that goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. It is by far the best value on the island. Don't let other reviews influence you, decide for yourself. Stay here one night on your vacation and if you don't like it, you can always go somewhere else. That is what I did and I did not even consider going elsewhere. It is a pet friendly hotel so if you don't like dogs, go somewhere else...DUH!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glen Allen, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We wanted to extend our vacation before checking into a condo for a week. This was a good place to do so. It is what it is but for the price, we can't complain. Our room was clean and we found the staff friendly. We did not experience any issues during our stay. We enjoyed the pool, it was clean and enjoyable. There is an Applebees almost attached to the facility, so if you need a beverage or something to eat and wish to stay on premises.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel seemed like a good value for a quick weekend getaway. However... while the room seemed perfectly clean and well functioning, we were mistaken. The sink was leaking into the carpet which produced a horrible odor. A staff member came to "fix" it, but it was leaking the next morning. Additionally, on our second day we received no housekeeping service - despite having told housekeeping that yes we would need it. Later on in the afternoon when we returned and found we had no clean towels we called the front desk. Rather than oblige our request, the staff member argued with us. Not worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Quality I, Manager at Ramada Hilton Head, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
The management and staff at the Quality Inn & Suites strive to uphold the highest standards possible in making sure each and every guest is a satisfied guest with potential to give us repeat business and refferals from family and friends. It is disappointing to fall short in this regard and i highly regret it. Please find the opportunity to call me at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter with me. I look forward to hera from you. Thank you. Brian Nyakwara, Assistant General Manager.

Been to Ramada Hilton Head? Share your experiences!