I stayed here in the past. This year it had been totally renovated and updated, that's the good news. The bad news is last year, I paid $130 a night, this year $269 plus a$16 per day resort fee.
I love the location, just a 5 minute walk to the beach. However, if you travel by plane, you can't bring beach chairs. Day 1 on the beach was $20 to rent 2 beach chairs plus 1 umbrella, the following days leading up to the 4th was $32. The staff was very nice and helpful. The on-site restaurant was very good. Overall, this is a really nice hotel but I feel it is priced to high for what you get. Also, my room had a tiny balcony with a view of the parking lot.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hilton Head Island Beach Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hilton Head Island Beach Hotel Hilton Head
- Crowne Plaza Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island is the perfect getaway for families and couples, destination weddings, and is the place to meet for groups of all sizes. Located within Shipyard Plantation, the Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island is adjacent to Van Der Meer Tennis and Shipyard Golf. Our hotel is only 35 miles from Beaufort, S.C., 45 miles from Savannah and 100 miles from historic Charleston. Hilton Head Island and the Lowcountry is also home to the Verizon Heritage Golf Tournament. We are one of the closest, upscale Hilton Head hotels to island shopping, restaurants. The Sonesta Resort features 331 guest rooms and 9 luxurious suites. All rooms feature private balconies or patios, many with spectacular views of our lush tropical gardens and the horizon of the Atlantic Ocean. Hotel amenities include Arum Spa, an extensive fitness center, outdoor and shaded pool, child's water feature, 24 hour business center, Pearls Market and Just Us Kids(seasonal). Enjoy our breakfast in Heyward's Restaurant, or have lunch at our poolside bar, Sweet Cane (seasonal). Fridays and Saturdays, Heyward's features a bountiful seafood buffet which is a local favorite. Seacrest offers lunch options and small plates. Bayley's Lounge offers daily happy hour specials. For the ultimate vacation experience or the premiere meeting spot, the Sonesta Beach Resort is the place to be on Hilton Head Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.