“A mini vacation ” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“A mini vacation ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband surprised me with a mini vacation and this place is absolutely beautiful. At check-in valet come and open your door and direct you to check-in. At check in the the rep explained the amenities, asked if we were concerned about things to do and restaurants. The one thing I noticed upon arrival was an amazing smell. The Westin have there own scents that's a signature mark in all hotels and they are available for purchase. The resort have the main amenities you'd think of. We are on the 5th floor with a balcony and a view out of this world. The bathroom is nice and spacious. You have your flatscreen tv, safe and mini fridge. The bed is nice and comfy with your white down comforter.

Spa that provide a list of services and you can also have some of those services in-room. In the spa there are walls of different items you can purchase. You can also have a mani/pedi if you like.

Gift shop: the gift shop is your average resort gift shop. Very pricey. A large selection of items.

The restaurant/lounge. I can not speak on the food because we ate at an outside restaurant but we did go in for drinks. A variety of drinks can be made and the services was great.

On the properties you have several beater pools and some restaurants but because of the weather for us most of those things were closed so I can't speak on that either.

We ordered room service for breakfast and the cost of $50 and later we will have a couples massage in the couples suite.

This is a placed I'd definitely like to come back to visit when I can experience everything.

Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My family loves staying at this Westin with our small dog. It has wonderful views of the ocean with direct access to the beach. The 3 pool areas are very clean and well maintained. My kids also like the outdoor ping pong table. It's just a very relaxed atmosphere for everyone to enjoy.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a great time. Views areof ocean are awesome. Hotel room and hotel top notch and newly decorated. Our room came with 2 flatscreen T.Vs. Our Bellman "Hero" was spot on. He asked why we were in town and mentioned it was my birthday.. the next day (my birthday) I had a birthday cake delivered to my door. Not only was it thoughtful and unexpected it was delish. Our entire time was relaxing and couldnt ask for better hotel. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am not sure why there are some negative reviews. My wife and I just returned from the Weston after a weeks vacation, and all I can say is the place was wonderful. It was clean, the staff was wonderful, the food was very good and not priced any higher than other restaurant's on the island. they offer a free shuttle and there are 3 great golf courses right at the door step. They have 3 pools, and the beach is and views are beautiful. Did I mention the staff? they were great, especially Amy at the front desk. If you are looking for a very nice relaxing vacation spot on Hilton Head Island, this is a fantastic spot that you will enjoy. And make sure you say hi to Amy!

Green Features: There is a list of environmental practices you can activate on the website, plus when guests practice these there are rewards.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My parents and my aunt and uncle stayed there from March 14-20, 2015. They had driven down from Toronto which is quite a drive. When they arrived to the hotel their ocean view rooms that they had booked had been given away. This could have gone really wrong but the tall gentleman at the front desk (I wish they remembered his name, they said he was extremely tall) couldn't have handled it in a better way. He was charming, charismatic and funny which is always a plus and he upgraded them to a suite. They couldn't believe how beautiful and spacious the suite was. They didn't get a golfing card before and the same gentleman helped them with that as well. Every morning and evening they walked on the beach and just loved how beautiful it was and how much distance it covered. Throughout the week they golfed, enjoyed the spa and ate at the restaraunts. On the Thursday they each got a knock on their doors and there was a woman with a cheese and fruit tray for them (compliments of the hotel!). The only negative things that they had to say was tat they had to leave. They are already talking about going back and how could they not with such wonderful staff and an amazing resort.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This resort has a lot of fancy features and most of those are nice. The rooms are spacious and lovely and the grounds are even nicer. The staff (for the most part) were excellent and friendly. There are some underlying issues that did make my stay a little less enjoyable.
1) If you have an AT&T cell phone, avoid this hotel. It is a dead zone. Repeat - you will have little to NO service but as soon as you leave the hotel grounds, all is well. The staff told me a tower was down but I am not inclined to believe that answer since when I left the hotel, phone worked fine. I was traveling with a few people and those of us with AT&T or T-Mobile had no service while the Verizon service seemed okay.
2) They have free internet in your room which is a plus. Sadly, there did not seem to be enough bandwidth to support all the guests. During peak usage times, none of my devices would connect. Also, I was told that you have to sign in once a day. I actually had to sign in every time I used a device which was interesting. You are allowed three devices per room.
3) The hot/cold water nozzle in the shower is backwards in some rooms. The maintenance man wasn't the nicest about telling me that and told me that I was his 4th call that night about the same issue. Seems like the hotel may need to post signs to alert guests of the issue and and to keep the maintenance people from responding to pointless calls. I guess I could have tested the shower further but it didn't occur to me (or the other people apparently) that the hot water would come from the cold side.
4) Those rain shower heads look really nice but provide very little water pressure. Be prepared to stand there for several minutes trying to get conditioner out of your hair.
5) The coffee makers. They provide these little pod coffee maker things and I assume this is because it is trendy. They give you three pods per day and if you want more, you must buy them. These coffee makers made the weakest cup of coffee ever. I would have much preferred a traditional pot rather than expensive pods yielding weak coffee.
6) The room service is ridiculously expensive, especially for breakfast and this hotel seriously lacks in vegetarian/vegan options, particularly room service dinner. There is a $3 delivery charge and 21% gratuity added to the bill automatically. Be careful because when they present you a bill, there is a gratuity line - technically, you have already paid it. The line should read "additional gratuity" since I'm sure people just add on more out of habit. The hotel has three restaurants but they are also a little pricey. There is a small, reasonably priced ($4 for a bagel) cafe but it has very little seating.
7) The room doors slam rather loudly when people come and go. This is disruptive at night.

Those were my complaints. As for the good: the room was very clean and nice, the beds and linens are nice, the staff were very friendly and the meeting rooms are very well appointed. The pools looked nice and there was a hot tub that was very popular.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
SW USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed at the Westin Hilton Head for a conference. The good part: great staff, rooms, not crowded, lower prices, I think. The not so good stuff; it was off season so only the Starbucks and a very basic cafe was open so very few options for meals. A lot of fees/taxes added to room price. Note that there is usually a 20.00 per room per day "Resort fee" added which gives you wifi in the rooms. For the conference it was 10.00 per room per day. I would rather have it all included in the room rate so you are not surprised upon checkout.
Rooms fine, hotel right on beach. Seems they have not hired all the staff they have during high season as beach towels piled up on beach, pool areas not cleaned and were a bit messy, public restrooms in conference areas ran out of soap, not a lot of clean up staff around. self parking was free.

Room Tip: get room facing beach, higher floor if possible.