“Had a great time!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, GA
“Had a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A friend and I just stayed here for a long weekend getaway. The property is very nice, and from what I could see, well maintained. The pool area is gorgeous, but I could have used a map, it's so big! Check-in went smoothly, with Sam assisting me. I reserved a premium oceanfront room, but be forewarned that these rooms are quite a distance from the lobby! I was fine with that, but my friend had a hard time with the walk. The Westin was very accommodating and provided us with a wheelchair for the weekend. Eric, our bellman on Friday was friendly and professional. I wish I could say the same for the bellmen over the weekend.

Our room was nice and clean. I called Guest Services to ask for an additional robe and extra towels, and got very fast service from housekeeping. Our room had a refrigerator, which we appreciated.

Since we were there in the off season, there were not many guests. The hotel was very quiet, the staff was responsive and we had a relaxing weekend. On Sunday morning the desk clerk caught us on our way out for the day to apologize and let us know that Monday they would be having to turn off the power and water at 8:00 AM to make some unplanned repairs. Because our room was on an upper floor, she asked if they could move us to the first floor so we wouldn't have to use the stairs if we left the room after 8. They worked around our schedule to do this, and we were very happy with our second room as well. Sam helped us with the room switch.

Room Tip: I wouldn't bother paying for an oceanfront room because the view really isn't that much bett...
Green Features: They do have "green" options, and recycle containers everywhere.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

When the family comes and wants to stay first class I always refer them to the Westin. They came again from Charlotte and had a wonderful time - the renovations are beautiful and restaurants are great. Do not forget to save some time for the spa and treat yourself to a great experience.

• Stayed February 2015
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here 10 years ago, we thought it was so so. They have really made very nice updates! Rooms were beautiful, spacious, modern and clean. Bathrooms were very nice and a very nice bathtub! Rainshower head, makeup mirror...etc! Grounds and outdoor seating areas in beautiful settings! Starbuck cappuccinos in hotel cafe. Lovely stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing that you had a lovely stay at The Westin recently. I was delighted to know you enjoyed our beautiful and well-equipped guest rooms and bathrooms. We appreciate your comments that you had a great experience renewing in our spectacular resort grounds and that you also enjoyed the Starbucks specialties in Ingredients cafe. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon for another relaxing getaway.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall hotel was asthetically appealing. The grounds were great and lobby, hallways and grounds were kept well. My room was spacious and i actually didn't mind the walk to get to the room. The housekeeping could use a little training. Unfortunately my room also (i saw another person posted something similiar) had mold/mildew growing under the lip of the counter that went around the tub. I was traveling with kids and utilized the pull out couch; it was not made up each day and all the pillows were not replaced on the king bed in the room either. Since I am waiving the $5 F&B credit (if you opt out of housekeeping) I felt they could have done a MUCH better job. Day one they didn't even vacuum. It was meanial but being honest in the review. Even with cold weather we utilized the outdoorcovered/heated pool and the hot tub which were great. Didn't bother with the hotel restaurants except for breakfast once given all the other options on the island. Would definitely comeback again to give it another shot, in season.

Room Tip: Paid wifi because I believe it is included in the resort fee. Valet is not included in the resort fe...
Green Features: Would be worth it but was traveling with children - $5 in F&B credit for all days but night prior to departure
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing feedback on your weekend getaway to The Westin with your kids. I was glad to know you found the overall hotel, guest room, and grounds very appealing and that you also had the opportunity to indulge in the heated outdoor pool and hot tub during this time of the year. Please accept my sincere apology that housekeeping did not meet your or our expectations which is being reviewed further so immediate improvements occur. We certainly look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future for a rejuvenating and renewing stay.
- Jason Aipperspach, Director of Rooms
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very relaxing and enjoyable time while attending a conference for couples. Look forward to returning next year. The staff was very courteous and attending to our every need as a couple staying at the resort and to the needs of our conference.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Westin Hilton Head is nicely hidden on the posh island. My husband and I attended a Christian Marriage conference held at the hotel. We were very pleased with the valet attendants, front desk customer service representatives and of course the well maintain property. The accommodations offered at the hotel were amazing and we plan on returning during the summer time to enjoy the pool and private beach. The meaty pizza at the ingredient cafe is delicious.

Green Features: Available option to receive a $5 (redemable at on-site restaurant) voucher for opt-out housekeeping
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing complimentary feedback on your stay at The Westin to attend a conference. I was delighted to know that you felt your accommodations were amazing, and also that you enjoyed the pizza at Ingredients. We especially appreciate your comment that you were pleased with our staff as they always strive to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another renewing and memorable stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My fiancé and I had booked a few days at this Westin for when I was coming back from overseas. My flights got majorly screwed up and then we both set new reservations and cancelled and it was a total mess on our efforts. The hotel not only handled it all but upgraded our room and sent us strawberries and champagne. The manager Jason was so incredible that my fiancé and I actually went out and bought him a thank you card. Besides the incredible service, the location is gorgeous and it's your standard wonderful westin on the inside. I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent trip to The Westin with your fiance for an escape getaway. I was delighted to know that our staff ensured you were well cared for with incredible service and that they sent a special and renewing amenity. We especially appreciate your kind remarks on Jason providing personal and instinctive service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our gorgeous beachfront location for another rejuvenating stay.
- Tim Freisen, General Manager

Been to The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!