A friend and I just stayed here for a long weekend getaway. The property is very nice, and from what I could see, well maintained. The pool area is gorgeous, but I could have used a map, it's so big! Check-in went smoothly, with Sam assisting me. I reserved a premium oceanfront room, but be forewarned that these rooms are quite a distance from the lobby! I was fine with that, but my friend had a hard time with the walk. The Westin was very accommodating and provided us with a wheelchair for the weekend. Eric, our bellman on Friday was friendly and professional. I wish I could say the same for the bellmen over the weekend.
Our room was nice and clean. I called Guest Services to ask for an additional robe and extra towels, and got very fast service from housekeeping. Our room had a refrigerator, which we appreciated.
Since we were there in the off season, there were not many guests. The hotel was very quiet, the staff was responsive and we had a relaxing weekend. On Sunday morning the desk clerk caught us on our way out for the day to apologize and let us know that Monday they would be having to turn off the power and water at 8:00 AM to make some unplanned repairs. Because our room was on an upper floor, she asked if they could move us to the first floor so we wouldn't have to use the stairs if we left the room after 8. They worked around our schedule to do this, and we were very happy with our second room as well. Sam helped us with the room switch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa