We spent 4 nights at the Westin Hilton Head (and only paid for 3 thanks to a 4th night free promotion which helped provide "value"). The resort is large with a very nice pool area -- that frankly we almost never left my kids liked it so much. They have 3 main pools including a "covered pool" which is outside and exposed on all sides except under cover -- very good for shady lounging and getting out of the sun while swimming in summer weather. The hotel is right on the beach and, although we are not beach people, it was very convenient to spend time on the beach here and then retreat to the pools or rooms if preferred. The resort had kids activities (kite making, lawn bowling, hula-hoop contests, night time "dive-in" movies, smores evening at a fire pit) that the kids really enjoyed. The resort is in the Port Royal section of Hilton Head -- western part of the island, which is a little far from Sea Pines and the main public beaches in the middle of the Island-- but nothing in Hilton Head is really that far from anything else. We actually never ate at the resort, going out for all our meals as there was so many other places of all types within easy driving distance. Room was comfortable but not terribly spacious. The service at the resort was pretty good -- although our maid service was a little off. (Knocked at 8 am one morning while we were still getting ready. We left by 8:15 and then room was not made up at 4pm when we returned?). Internet worked fine in the hotel-- although a little slow -- but cellular service was extremely spotty within the room. Beds are very comfortable and good pillows. All in all, a good but not 5 star experience-- but again, our kids (13 and 11) really did enjoy it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa