“Always Extraordinary Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 26 hotels in Hilton Head
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Always Extraordinary Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In the recent years I stayed at Westin Hilton Head several times and my stays were always exceptionally good. Westin is a very beautiful hotel located on the beach of the Atlantic Ocean. This hotel was just recently renovated. Rooms are spacy, beach and pool are nice. Restaurant is lovely and breakfast choices are exceptional. Westin Hilton Head is a very special hotel. What makes this hotel special is truly outstanding service and exceptional friendly attitude of the hotel staff. Such attitude makes the hotel stay experience memorable. Coming back to Westin Hilton Head is very much about meeting many good friends that genuinely care about the hotel guests. Hotel staff at the front desk, housekeeping, and at the restaurant are very friendly and helpful. I stayed in different Starwood hotels in recent years and Westin Hilton Head is indeed one of the very best examples of hotel hospitality and excellent service. I believe this hotel could be considered as a model how to choose and keep an excellent team of people and provide a genuinely outstanding service that goes much beyond the usual routine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing, as one of our valued repeat guests, that you always have an extraordinary and wonderful stay at The Westin. It is nice to know that you enjoy our recently renovated resort, fantastic pool and beach areas, as well as our lovely restaurant. Delighted that our staff ensured you were were cared for with personal and instinctive service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another rejuvenating and special stay.

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Well located property with everything you could want. We found seats by the pool both days despite people saving places with towels. There are nice umbrellas on the beach but you have to rent them. I noticed many people came with their own beach chairs. A great gym, several restaurants, and running trails (3 and 5 miles). For 35 a day you can rent beach cruisers. Other sports are available for a fee from the beach concierge. Service was high quality. We came in from a run and was given water bottles as we walked in. Check the itemized bill at the end, we had a 60$ charge for a meal we didn't eat. Parking is free. Relaxed environment. Kid friendly. We have spg membership but there wasn't availability to have room upgraded or get 4pm checkout. Overall high quality and nice relaxing time.

• Stayed July 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A very, very nice property. The rooms are recently renovated and are very stylish. The bathrooms have classy fixtures. The location can't be beat. The pools are quite nice and well maintained. I have SPG Platinum status and received a room upgrade and hot buffet breakfast for two in the main dining room. Very much recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a wonderful time at the Westin.
1. The staff: From the front desk staff, to the wonderful valet parking staff. everyone was above and beyond.The staff was very accommodating and personable. When we returned from a walk we were offered bottle water!! These are the gestures that deserve an excellent rating.
2. The location: It was great. The beach was nice and calm, and because it is not that close to the adjacent property is less crowded. The property is well kept, very easy to find a spot were to sit and relax despite being full of guests.
3. The room: Nice and spacious, it even has a small fridge. The bathroom was very nice and roomy.
I cant wait to get back. I must say that the only thing I will do different is to go at the end of summer, It was supper hot!! I cant believe the heat index!! But one thing is for sure, the next time it will be the Westin!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel has everything you could want for an enjoyable stay. First of all, location,location,location! Located on prime beachfront property with a gorgeous pool area and
unforgettable dining options. We were very happy with our choice in this well established hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed eating lunch at SPLASH in our bathing suits by the pool. The spicy Buffalo wings, huge loaded hot dogs, Spinach salad with berries and goat cheese and pulled pork nachos (a must try) were stand outs on the menu. The wait staff could not have been friendlier thanks to Stefan and a sweet USC college senior who was on her last day before heading off to school. Upstairs at OCEANS Brittany gave us excellent service and recommendations for dinner. We had the swordfish, one blackened and one grilled with a delicious tropical fruit salsa. Yum! My son had the crab and rock shrimp mac n cheese which he claimed was the best dish he had ever had. The blueberry compote cheese cake was also divine.
Our newly renovated accommodations were very nice. We had an unobstructed view of the ocean as well as the pool area from our balcony. 2 comfy queen beds with luxuriously squishy comforters and pillows. A Beautifully tiled large bathroom with double sinks. The maid service was also wonderful. They were very accommodating
whenever we needed extra towels or had an issue. (The tub decking had black specks of something (?) which they took care of on the next cleaning) We had the buffet breakfast included with our room and it was plentiful and delicious. The omelette station, french toast and fresh fruit were our favorites. The pool area was beautiful but be prepared
to hunt for available chaises. We were hard pressed to find 4 together on more than one occasion. Perhaps we needed to get their a little earlier but we enjoyed our late breakfasts too
much. The chaises are very nicely padded and contoured for comfortable lounging by the pool.
They have a great little gift shop which we patroned on several occasions for things we forgot, gifts and souvenirs. They have a nice selection of clothing, jewelry and footwear. Love the Tommy Bahama flip flops I purchased! The beach was also very crowded during our stay and the ocean water was warm. We had long sunny days and only one night of rain. A thunder and lightening storm on our last night left a river of water on the beach from the torrential downpours. It kept us from going out that night but it was spectacular to watch from our room and I actually had my best nights sleep.
For those who mentioned they had a (wooded) ocean-view room, good news, the chain saws were in full force the first couple of days of our stay. You'd think they could have planned trimming the trees during a less occupied time since it was a bit of a distraction early in the morning, at breakfast on the outside patio and lounging by the pool. That would be my only disappointment during our stay. That and the fact that we didn't want to spend a sunny beach/pool day at the spa so we didn't get a chance to use their spa facility which I read is ranked in the top ten of the southern states.
All in all, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. From check in to check out the service
was excellent and everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. Parking tip, they have underground self-parking.. You will be glad you used it when it's 100 degrees outside and your car is in a (relatively) cool shaded garage.

Room Tip: our room was on the 5th floor and we had a direct ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for sharing that you had a fabulous stay at The Westin recently. We are glad you enjoyed our fantastic beachfront location, courtyard/pool areas, and numerous dining options. We appreciate the complimentary remarks on our staff as they always strive to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest. We are sorry for the inconvenience of tree trimming which was unavoidable and also helps us to maintain beautiful views for our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon for another renewing stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a wonderful place to stay for any occasion! Beautiful beach access and dining areas! Very family friendly. The rooms are very nice, especially the showers! This is my second stay at this wonderful resort. I will be back to Hilton Head and will choose The Westin!

Stayed July 2014
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for sharing, as a repeat customer, that The Westin is a wonderful place to stay. Delighted that you enjoyed our beautiful beach, dining venues, and nice guest rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another renewing stay.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Westin Hilton Head
Our room wasn't ready at the stated 4:00 check in time. We drove around for 30 minutes looking for a parking place. The bellman didn't bring a cart out to the car to load our luggage, he just tried to grab it all in his arms. I thought that was kind of crazy when we had 2 beach chairs and our luggage.
We didn't get our room until 5:00. Our suite, room 4033, was very nice but only had a view of a trees, a boundary fence and a utility trail. I was very thankful this suite was paid for by my husband's company. If we had paid for it, I would have been steaming mad about the view. I would rather have had a room with a view than a large suite, but the place was packed and I knew we couldn't get another room.
There are no outlets anywhere by the bed, only across the room. None within reach of the bed. I had to plug my phone and iPad in by the table on the other side of the room. Some bedside lamps that have outlets included on them would be a great improvement. AT&T had no reception in our room. I had to stand on the balcony or by the sliding glass door to get any reception on my phone. The room was divided by a partial wall with TVs on each side. I thought this was a horrible set up because you can't really listen to both TVs at the same time. I'm glad we didn't have kids with us because trying to watch 2 TVs in the same room just doesn't work. It was a large suite with 2 small balconies, which I only used to make phone calls, there was a table for 4, a couch, a chair, a bar with refrigerator, coffee maker and sink, a large desk and chair, king bed, closet with a safe, iron & ironing board, and a decent sized bathroom with a shower/tub combo, no separate shower. It would have been nice to have a separate vanity area so 2 people could get ready at the same time.

We rented a cabana by the pool for $150/day for 2 days. It included a stocked refrigerator with water and soft drinks, a tv, two padded loungers, a fan and 2 beach towels to keep. You can also rent for a half day if there is a cabana available. It was pricey, but I LOVED it!! Although when we rented the cabana for the 2nd day they would not give us an additional 2 beach towels to keep. They said you only get those once during your stay even though you pay the same $150 each day. Also, on our 2nd cabana day they were trimming the palm trees all around our cabana. There were palm tree branches, dust and who knows what flying through the air around us. Branches were hitting the side of the cabana. I had to get up and move sever times because they were hitting my chair. No apologies, or "excuse me's" were given. I even had a lizard land on me! Not too enjoyable when you're spending $150 for that space.

We ate at the Splash restaurant by the pool. The wait staff actually delivered a menu to the cabana, took our order and we ate inside the cabana. The food was really good. Loved the nachos, shrimp crab roll and the key lime ice cream sandwich was refreshingly tasty!!

Most of the staff and service were wonderful during our entire stay.

Cons: not having a view from our suite (why have a suite with no view!!!), our room not being ready at checkin, limited parking, better outlet placement needed in the room, having trees trimmed within inches of us with no apology, and not getting a second set of beach towels when we paid the same price each day for the cabana.
Pros: great service, good food, loved the cabana, the suite was big & beautiful.

We would only stay here again if it was paid for by my husband's company. Don't expect a room with a view!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a full beach view. All suites do not include a view.
Green Features: There was a recycle garbage can in he room and the option to not have housekeeping and instead get Starwood points.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback on your stay at The Westin. Our resort is a very popular destination in the summer months, and I was sorry that your suite was not immediately available upon your arrival due to the availability of the particular room type. Due to the configuration of our building, we have numerous room types as well as suites, with varying views of the island, the resort courtyard and pool, ocean view, and ocean front. The suite was reserved by another party, and we honored the original reservation for one of our Carolina Suites, which was not reserved as an ocean view Carolina Suite. I am sorry we were not able to provide a complimentary upgrade to a different type of room and view due to our availability. I was glad to know you enjoyed one of our poolside cabanas, as well as food delivered by Splash, but apologize for the trimming activity and your inconvenience which has been shared with our team so this does not occur in the future. AT&T is very well aware of their service issues here on Hilton Head Island, and our local Chamber of Commerce as well as the Town of Hilton Head Island have been working with them to resolve the issue. We do hope you will return in the future as I know we can meet and exceed all your expectations for a renewing stay at that time.
- Jeff Waddell, Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!