This is a hotel we have stayed at and always had a good experience. This trip was a little different. We had a few incidents that happened that were more annoying then anything. It's harder when your expectations are high. Check in did not go smoothly despite the efforts of an intern, Adrian who tried to accommodate us. The front desk supervisor was less then helpful. He made many trips back to get her help but she never came out. When she did she went past us to help another guest knowing we had been there for over thirty minutes. I went up to her and she said she couldn't help us. This was all over an ocean front room we had reserved and paid for and they were trying to put us in a side ocean view room telling us it was a premium ocean front. It sounds like they allow guest to have late check outs on Sundays but when you have someone waiting for a room 8:00p.m. is an unacceptable time to check in. We arrived at 3:00. We finally took the ocean view room just to get settled and said we could move the next day but still charged us the full price of the room we reserved. They did finally offer us an appetizer which we took to the room. After checking in the room which wasn't horrible but when you love and pay for ocean front that's what you expect. I called down and said this really was not acceptable and that's when we met John Green. He was amazing. Somehow we got to the right person and he found a room, it was beautiful, he made sure it was perfect stocking the refrigerator with water and other amenities that made a not so great check in experience a wonderful experience. Sometimes it's the little things people go out of the way to do that mean the most. Fast forward , beautiful room , weather and spa services. Our last day we decided to rent bikes. If you have never gone bike riding on Hilton Head it is one of the most beautiful wide beaches to do this. We got our bikes and took off but unfortunately my bike had a defective seat and as I was riding the seat turned around and with the wind knocked me off the bike falling on the beach and the bike falling on top of me. Several people were around and all were shocked that the bike did that. That ended our ride and returned the bikes. I stopped at the front desk, let them know the bike number so it could be fixed. I also asked for it to be taken off the bill as we rented by the hour and were back in a half hour. After getting to the room and cleaning up I called down for some ice packs. I was already pretty sore. They are not allowed to give ice pack without security taking a report so I was fortunate to meet two other people who made the trip a much better experience. Caroline Riley came to my room, wrote down the details and was very kind. She encouraged me to go to a doctor for my injuries but I just wanted ice and take it easy. No more walks on the beach for that day. Caroline left and called an hour later checking in on me and also offering again to take me to the doctor. Shortly after her supervisor, Bill Cox called and checked in to see if I needed anything. I asked for some additional ice packs. He promptly brought them to me and I also got a phone call from John Green because he had heard about my accident and sent up some things through Bill. These are employees that go above and beyond. Checking out the next morning going through my bill i noticed they did not take the bike rental off. I was surprised and disappointed that they thought so little of what had happened. Luckily, Caitlin McCloy assisted my check out and she quickly took care of that and apologized for it not being taken care of. She was very kind and one of the friendliest front desk representatives I had the opportunity to work with. When I arrived home I had a phone call from Bill Cox making sure we arrived home safely and to let him know if I needed anything at all not to hesitate to call. All in all no huge issues but small issues that can be annoying but luckily I was able to find top notch employees who went out of their way to ensure our trip was still enjoyable. Special thanks to John Green, Caroline Riley, Bill (William) Cox and Caitlin McCloy who stood out and should be recognized for making our stay more enjoyable and personal. I could not give a three star rating for service because the people that care and go above and beyond deserve the extra star.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel
- Westin Hilton Head
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.