“Even better!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Concord
“Even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Spent two nights at the Westin Hilton Head and was surprised to see it all remodeled since the last time we were there. Exceptionally nice decor and very friendly people. We have always enjoyed our stays here - staying at least 8 times in the last 6 years. Very clean rooms and comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet this time was very good- with an omelet made to order. The hostess was especially friendly at the Carolina Cafe and did her job very well. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your complimentary remarks on our newly renovated resort. Delighted that you found the decor exceptionally nice, clean, and that you enjoyed our signature Heavenly Beds and buffet breakfast. We appreciate your comments on our staff being friendly as they always strive to provide personal and instinctive service. We especially value our repeat guests and look forward to your next escape back to The Westin.
- Jeff Waddell, Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We upgraded to an Ocean View room...if I stood on my tippy toes I could see some of the ocean but there was a big building in front of our room blocking most of it. I couldn't use my phone at all while in my room. I called to see about moving and she immediately asked if I had AT&T and when I told her I did she informed me I was out of luck but could stand in the hallway to use the phone. REALLY, are we not in 2013? I have traveled all over the world and have never had a problem. 2 strikes. The third was the construction banging at 8:01 right outside my room and construction workers lacking any regards to the guests. We had to keep our blinds shut the whole time they worked. I understand construction, but work with them to be respectful. I was there for a business trip, had I been trying to relax on vacation I would have been livid! During one of the meetings I slipped out to grab a cup of coffee from Ingredients...the most expensive cup of coffee that had to be poured out it was so awful. I ordered a mocha and have NO idea what I got. I bought my friend a drink and she said the same.
Now for the good part (the only way this got a 3 rating). The valet staff were always friendly as were the gals from housekeeping. The female bartender at Oceans Saturday night was great as well. The meeting lunch was good. The rooms were nice and parking was easy to self park. The lobby was well kept. I don't like giving low ratings unless I feel necessary (you can see my other reviews). I am staying at a Westin next month and I really hope it is better than this one was.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin. We were dellighted to know that the valet staff and housekeepers were always friendly and that the bartender was fantastic. Your complimentary remarks on having a good meeting lunch, nice guest rooms, well kept lobby, and easy parking are also very appreciated. Regarding cell phone service, certain cell carriers/providers, such as AT&T, are well aware of their service issues and availability on Hilton Head Island. Our local Chamber of Commerce and the Town of Hilton Head Island are working with cell carriers on an island-wide solution to resolve the issues, and we are hopeful a resolution will occur soon for our entire community. We did have some unavoidable roof maintenance occur during your visit, and I am very sorry for your inconveniences related to this situation. We hope that you will return in the future so we may meet and exceed all your expectations.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Only stayed one day and night as was there for a conference. Will likely be back. The service was friendly and the rooms nicely appointed. Enjoyed the pool area and the beach (hotel had direct access to the beach which was convenient). Amenities were good enough but this Westin did not have the full menu of bathroom amenities that seemed typical to other Westin establishments (cotton balls, etc.), which are a great convenience for traveling business women. The food was fair (in the cafe and ocean front grill). The grounds were nicely kept and the pool area more than adequately stocked with fresh towels.

Room Tip: Not a tip about the room but about getting to HH. Recommend flying into Savannah and driving the 40...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your perspective on your recent visit to The Westin. We appreciate your comments that you had great accommodations, experienced our friendly staff, and that you enjoyed our pool area and direct beach access. We usually receive very positive comments on our dining venues and food & beverage quality, and I am sorry your experiences were only fair. We do provide the signature Westin white tea amenities in our guest room as amenities, and certain additional items are available on request. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a renewing and rejuvenating stay.
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin Hilton Head Resort in February 2013 because I was running the Hilton Head Half Marathon. The Westin was the host hotel and had a special rate for the runners. The resort was under renovation at the time, but the noise didn't bother us. We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms. Wow! What a nice room! The heavenly bed was just that. I felt very well rested before the race and I think it helped me set a new personal record. Loved the rain shower and the spacious bathroom. Our room had an island view. My only complaint was no breakfast for the runners before the race. I've stayed in other hotels before races and most of them at least had some bagels or bananas for participants. I'm glad I had some granola bars just in case. Other than that minor issue, the whole weekend was great. We look forward to coming back next year.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are thrilled that our multi-million dollar renovation is now complete, and appreciate your complimentary remarks about the renovated guest room that you experienced during your stay for the Hilton Head Half Marathon. Congratualtions on your new personal record, and we look forward to welcoming you back next year for another rejuvenating stay.
Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

You feel like you are in another country when you walk in... It's an escape...a true resort experience. We kinda felt like we were on a cruise ship. We didn't leave the property once we checked in! The renovations are spectacular! They have thought of everything! Excellent fitness studio and if you forgot your workout gear they will New Balance (socks,shoes, shorts, etc) send up to you for just $5! You can't get any closer to the water and the views are beautiful from your ocean view room balcony! Now if you're gonna eat on the property you are eating whole foods, Super Foods, clean food! It's pricey but worth it! Oceans restaurant, Carolina Cafe (excellent breakfast buffet) and even the Ingredients deli/coffee/etc. bar was so fresh! The waiters and servers to housekeeping all had amazing helpful attitudes and no one of them failed to greet us! What can I say? The Westin is doing an amazing job of training their employees! Oh by the way, the beds are heavenly!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffery W, Director of Operations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing that The Westin Resort provided a true resort experience and that our renovations are spectacular. We appreciate your comments on the Westin Workout, our restaurants, and the signature Heavenly Beds. Thank you for noting that our staff had amazing helpful attitudes as they always strive to provide personal and instinctive service to each guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another renewing escape.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nice room. Decor is neutral and a little boring but the staff is very nice and room and hotel are clean. Very good cell service throught the hotel and the WiFi is excellent. If you don't fish or golf there is very little to do.

Thank you for sharing your complimentary remarks on your recent stay at The Westin. We are delighted that you enjoyed the nice, clean guest rooms which were recently renovated, and thank you for noting our staff was also nice. There are numerous activities available at the resort and on Hilton Head Island including beach activities, swimming, the Heavenly Spa, biking, tennis, shopping, watersports, etc. A local company, Outside Hilton Head, has just opened a space in our lobby which will further assist guests with an array of outdoor activities. I hope on your next visit you will be able to experience some additional options available for visitors. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another rejuvenating stay.

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 7 nights at the Westin Hilton Head! Loved it! This is our 5th year in a row and we were very concerned as to the renovations. The place is beautiful..period!

We were treated well at every staff interaction, although, they could use an upgrade at the new bar above the pool.

We were upgraded to an Ocean view and it was amazing! The best part was seeing many of the same faces year over year! This is truly a relaxing and very beautiful hotel!

Enjoy!

P.S. rent bikes on the beach for an early morning family bike ride! So many folks on the beach out for their daily walk-run-bikes!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing that you loved your 7 night stay at The Westin, and that the resort is beautiful. We are glad that our staff treated you well at every interaction as we are known for providing personal and instinctive service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another relaxing and renewing stay.
- Jeff Waddell, Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!