We upgraded to an Ocean View room...if I stood on my tippy toes I could see some of the ocean but there was a big building in front of our room blocking most of it. I couldn't use my phone at all while in my room. I called to see about moving and she immediately asked if I had AT&T and when I told her I did she informed me I was out of luck but could stand in the hallway to use the phone. REALLY, are we not in 2013? I have traveled all over the world and have never had a problem. 2 strikes. The third was the construction banging at 8:01 right outside my room and construction workers lacking any regards to the guests. We had to keep our blinds shut the whole time they worked. I understand construction, but work with them to be respectful. I was there for a business trip, had I been trying to relax on vacation I would have been livid! During one of the meetings I slipped out to grab a cup of coffee from Ingredients...the most expensive cup of coffee that had to be poured out it was so awful. I ordered a mocha and have NO idea what I got. I bought my friend a drink and she said the same.
Now for the good part (the only way this got a 3 rating). The valet staff were always friendly as were the gals from housekeeping. The female bartender at Oceans Saturday night was great as well. The meeting lunch was good. The rooms were nice and parking was easy to self park. The lobby was well kept. I don't like giving low ratings unless I feel necessary (you can see my other reviews). I am staying at a Westin next month and I really hope it is better than this one was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our delightfuly renewed 416 room oceanfront resort revitalized in a "coastal chic" style. Guests can relax on our sandy white beaches, unwind in the Heavenly Spa, and enjoy our championship golf and tennis. Seven dining venues offer creative cuisine inspired by our local seafood and sustainable ingredients. Every inch of our beach resort has been refreshed. Our newly designed resort lobby welcomes our guests with a botanical conservatory and our two-story "living wall" vertical garden. Our guest rooms offer the latest Westin comfort elements including the Heavenly Bed in soothing coastal palettes. Our baths feature the new Heavenly Shower with dual vanities and backlit mirror. All new outdoor plush furniture and firepits have been placed throughout the nooks nd crannies of our expanded beachfront and poolside decking. We offer incomparable ways for our guests to retreat, connect, or entertain amidst naturally beautiful surroundings. The natural beauty of the South Carolina Coast, the myriad of land and sea activities available, and the sheer variety of golf and recreation options on our island, allows us to offer truly memorable experiences to our guests - now at an all new luxury resort property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Hotel Hilton Head
- The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort And Spa