“Just be careful...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
atlanta
“Just be careful...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We rented at Harbourside II, Hilton Head over the 4th of July 2011. The pictures looked great on the internet. I know every unit is different, and you really never know what you are going to get, but "renter beware..." The unit we rented was terrible. I have never seen so much black mildew scum in both of the bathrooms. I was so embarrassed because we had my elderly parents with us. I was hoping to be taking them to a really nice condo for the 4th, but what a disappointment.

I had to give them the master bed/bath because the shower was a stepless shower, more or less, as opposed to a regular tub in the secondary bath. ( I didn't want them to have to risk falling getting into a regular tub) The master shower had so much potential to be a fabulous shower. But the shower stall was a mess. We cleaned it as best as we could with the limited supplies we had, but my my mom said in addition to the black mildew that was in the tile and grout, it was also all in and under the sliding door tract. There was also a lot of hair in the shower, and it wasn't their hair as they had not used it yet. She put a towel in the shower for them to stand on because she didn't bring flip flops and didn't want to stand on the nasty tile.

The secondary bath was not any better as far as cleanliness.

And my mom commented how she could write in the dust on the headboard of the bed because the dust was so thick.

The tile floor in the kitchen was cracked and ugly, and the kitchen was supplied poorly, and to top it all off, the dishes were filthy when we arrived. I opened the dishwasher to load the dishes when we realized how dirty they were, and the dishwasher soap was still in the soap dispenser. Apparently the maid thought she washed the dishes, but the dishwasher must not have turned on and she put away totally dirty dishes. It was so gross.

The only saving grace of the condo was the view of the harbor and the fireworks for the 4th of July. We could enjoy the fireworks from our balcony.

I contacted the owner after we got home and she said they were going to remodel and offered to give me a $300 discount when we go back. I have not taken her up on this, and from the pictures on the rental site everything still looks the same, although it says some things have been updated. Even if everything is brand new, if you have terrible maids who don't a good job cleaning, it doesn't matter if it is new. Nor does it matter how new the kitchen might be if the maid cannot tell that she is putting up dirty dishes.

I will not put her unit number because i just don't want to cause trouble for the owner. She was very nice and I guess if you don't live near your rental unit you just can't check on it to make sure it is clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

1 review from our community

Been to Harbourside II? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Harbourside II

Address: 7134 Harbourside II, Hilton Head, SC 29928
Location: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Hilton Head
Swimming Pool
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Hilton Head
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Harbourside II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Harbourside II, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.