“Lunch stop” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

After visiting the Savannah location, we were craving the wonderful flavors again. The cook makes the difference. The Tom Kha soup lacked the unique quality of the soup we had enjoyed in Savannah and was the typical coconut milk soup. Shrimp Pad Thai was excellent maybe a little better than the other location. Mango Paradise (Shrimp) was also a tasty dish with lots of multicolored peppers and onions in a spicy chili sauce. The Seafood Soup (can't recall the name) was thoroughly enjoyed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

dc
“Nice Atmostphere and Fab Green Curry!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stopped in here with my in-laws on our Christmas visit to Sun City and found it to be quite a surprise in basically rural S.C. from our nest near D.C. First, the atmosphere is quite nice with white table cloths and a descent selection of wines for an Asian restaurant. Second, the menu is my favorite kind of Thai, those I can identify. The service was also excellent. I also start with a curry at a new Thai restaurant because Thai curries are the best in the world, in my opinion. I chose the green curry with pork. Their heat rating system is by the pepper with one pepper standard and mild and up to five peppers for what I assume to be Thai hot. I grew up in N.M. on super hot green chilis and love my food so hot that most people are suffering, but if it tastes good and it's hot, I'm a happy girl. Often times, though, Thai hot is beyond my pain threshold, so ordered the four peppers. Well, it was hot, but not as hot as I can take it, so I will order the five peppers next time. Yes, the rest of my table was sweating and sputtering on one, two, and three peppers, but I was barely phased. The best part though, was the flavors. The green curry was so delicious that even past my usual I can't eat any more point, I wanted to keep going and was tempted to do the ultimate eating in a restaurant move of licking the plate. I held back out of courtesy to both my spouse and his lovely parents. To top off the lovely food, the presentation of the food was also well done. Overall, I would land here every night if I were in the area so that I could sample all of the curries, noodle dishes and fish. This place is better than most of the Thai restaurants in my area, and there are many. The only downside is that I thought the prices were a bit high, but maybe worth it in this area where ethnic foods are not that plentiful.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte
“Great Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Loved the Thai meals we had at Ruan. Would recommend eating there. We each (3) chose different plates. They were all very good. Spiced just right.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great food but way overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great food, and the only decent Thai place your going to find in Hilton Head or Bluffton.

Interior is very formal, bordering on stuffy but the food is quite good. Great presentation, service is great, and the menu has a lot of variety.

Downside time...the price, this place is EXPENSIVE, no way around it, portions will be small and the prices way up there into the stratosphere. The food is great, don't get me wrong, but hard to come back with prices so high.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice Thai, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The Tilapia basil was excellent - highly recommended. We have eaten at their sister restaurant (Ruan Thai Hut) which has equally good food but we preferred the overall experience at this location. Nice break from the traditional steak / seafood American fare that dominates the island. We'll definitely make this a part of our regular restaurant rotation when visiting again.

Visited September 2013