“Excellent choice for Hilton Head fun” 5 of 5 stars

You added Waterside by Spinnaker Resorts to your Saves list
Waterside by Spinnaker Resorts
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   45 Waterside Dr., Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Cleveland, OH
“Excellent choice for Hilton Head fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed at Waterside from July 26-August 2, and we couldn't have been happier about the experience. The rooms were spotless, and well stocked with all of the essentials like dishes, cookware, utensils, etc. We had a three bed/three bath, and it exceeded our expectations. The rooms were spread pretty far apart, so it was quiet and provided excellent privacy. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows weren't, I would recommend bringing your own. We had the bedroom with the jacuzzi tub, which was great after a long day at the beach or riding around the island. That bedroom also connected to the patio, which was great to sit on in the evening with a glass of wine while listening to the frogs down below. It was also nice to have an outdoor area to hang our towels and wet bathing suits. The hotel does provide a pool towel for each guest, and they are under the sink in the master bedroom, we thought this was really great so we didn't have to use our beach towels at the pool. There are two pools available for guest use, and they both have grill areas, which we took full advantage of on a few nights. There are also tables around the pool so you can eat there, rather than carrying your freshly grilled food all the way back to your room. The hotel is in a great location, there is a pond with a boardwalk in the middle of the resort where tons of turtles and a few alligators hang out, be sure to check that out! And here's a back road that goes straight out of the 5800 building garage that leads directly into Coligny. If you keep going straight, and then make a left, you go through a residential area, and there are a few public beach access areas all along that road, and they are much less crowded than Coligny Beach! Downtown Coligny was great, with lots of little shops and restaurants to explore. (Definitely get a daiquiri from Frosty Frog, and have dinner at The Big Bamboo (Try the curry, its delicious!!) Across Pope Ave from Coligny Plaza is another shopping center with a BiLo and a fantastic restaurant called Kenny B's. Get the shrimp po boy, and then go back for breakfast and get the beignets! Right next to that shopping plaza is a fun Mini Golf course, its nicely shaded so even in the heat its a lot of fun. The location of this hotel couldn't have been better. There is so much to do right in Coligny there's no reason to get in the car and go elsewhere. I would recommend renting bikes, it makes getting around easier and there is tons of bike parking areas around Coligny. Plus, riding your bike on the beach at low tide is so much fun! My only complaint about the hotel is the staff, they were a bit rude and upity, as though we weren't "rich enough" or "good enough" to be there. But we only dealt with them at check in, so it wasn't a huge issue. The only other complaint is that in order to get fresh towels you had to pay for a maid service. We were there for a week and were only allotted one large towel, a hand towel, and a wash cloth each, so we had to do laundry to freshen them up. But it was nice to have a washer and dryer, so we didn't have to pack so heavily. There is also a dishwasher, and a full size refrigerator. Overall, I would highly recommend staying here on your next Hilton Head Island vacation.

Room Tip: Choose the 5800 building if you can, it's in the back of the property, and it is the only buildi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
spinnakermanager, Manager at Waterside by Spinnaker Resorts, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments you have posted about Waterside Resort by Spinnaker, and thank you for staying with us. I will pass along your comments about the staff to the appropriate manager for review. Please contact Kathy or Lori at 843-785-4881 so we may personally assist in reserving your future vacation getaways.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Upon receiving our phone call from spinnaker, I asked a million questions, I also made it very clear that I didn't stay in certain hotels, I was very picky. At the time of the phone call, my husband and I were walking in the door from work, so my computer wasn't on. I went through the process and asked about the refund policy, I was told by Christina that as long as we didn't make the reservation it would be fine to cancel! I paid and waited for a call back, during that wait period, I looked them up on the internet and was not pleased with the pictures I saw. I was expecting a resort. When they called I explained this and asked for a refund. They not only will not give a refund, but they also have the nerve to keep calling my husband to make his reservation. I am appalled at this, in this day and age, they will not refund my $200. I will continue to let folks know don't waste your time on this. There are fabulous resorts and spas available for the same price and a better deal. Westin and Marriott to name a few, right there in Hilton Head. I'm not sure they really want me to go, because I will use my time there wisely in letting every guest know what they have done. Also did some research with the BBB, check them out thoroughly even before you take the offer for the presentation, and forget buying anything from them, they are not in the up and up! For more information, check out yelp too!

Lewistown, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our second stay at Waterside. Our 3Br unit was on the end in building 5700 and was better than the one we had last year. The unit was well-laid out and spacious. Some maintenance issues and wear-and-tear show the unit's age. The resort activities were good, but our favorite one from last year -- Sandtastic Memories craft projects-- was no longer offered. Golf privileges at Shipyard and Port Royal are an excellent benefit. The location is excellent. The bridge and gazebo connecting building 5700 and the activity center is scenic and useful.

Room Tip: End unit is better than center ones near elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Plantation
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Spinnaker Resorts are very nice and clean. Great friendly service. We stayed for 5 nights and had a fantastic time. It is very close to great restaurants and stores. Bring or rent a bicycle, they have excellent bike trails.

Room Tip: Bring your camera. Great location, close to golf courses.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have been owners for 7 years....staying at water side for the last 7 years. Furniture is beginning to look worn out...needs to be replaced. While we were there they decided to re-build the whole area housing the outdoor grills located at the main pool. Why they decided to do this during the busy summer month of June was not a good decision. People were waiting in line every night to use the grills to cook their dinner!!! The good news is we traded our unit for a newer more updated place Blue Water Resort. I would highly recommend folks taking a hard look at Blue Water

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Excellent location - short walk to beach, shopping & restaurants. Great pool area for kids. Units are nice and roomy but need updating. Reject any offer for their sales pitch - $40 gift cert isn't worth the aggravation of salespeople who don't take NO as an answer.

I had a 1 BR unit - No shelf for shampoo in shower? Good grief, go to DollarTree and buy a rack to go over the shower head! Take the old clunky TV in BR & the armoire it's in and mount a flatscreen on the wall with a decent dresser below.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful resort to relax and enjoy life. Everything nearby-restaurants, ocean, shopping and golf course 5 minutes away. Very friendly and efficient staff. Definitely 5 star! A vacation to look forward to.

• Stayed May 2014