“BEWARE!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   45 Waterside Dr., Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Columbia, South Carolina
“BEWARE!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Upon receiving our phone call from spinnaker, I asked a million questions, I also made it very clear that I didn't stay in certain hotels, I was very picky. At the time of the phone call, my husband and I were walking in the door from work, so my computer wasn't on. I went through the process and asked about the refund policy, I was told by Christina that as long as we didn't make the reservation it would be fine to cancel! I paid and waited for a call back, during that wait period, I looked them up on the internet and was not pleased with the pictures I saw. I was expecting a resort. When they called I explained this and asked for a refund. They not only will not give a refund, but they also have the nerve to keep calling my husband to make his reservation. I am appalled at this, in this day and age, they will not refund my $200. I will continue to let folks know don't waste your time on this. There are fabulous resorts and spas available for the same price and a better deal. Westin and Marriott to name a few, right there in Hilton Head. I'm not sure they really want me to go, because I will use my time there wisely in letting every guest know what they have done. Also did some research with the BBB, check them out thoroughly even before you take the offer for the presentation, and forget buying anything from them, they are not in the up and up! For more information, check out yelp too!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lewistown, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our second stay at Waterside. Our 3Br unit was on the end in building 5700 and was better than the one we had last year. The unit was well-laid out and spacious. Some maintenance issues and wear-and-tear show the unit's age. The resort activities were good, but our favorite one from last year -- Sandtastic Memories craft projects-- was no longer offered. Golf privileges at Shipyard and Port Royal are an excellent benefit. The location is excellent. The bridge and gazebo connecting building 5700 and the activity center is scenic and useful.

Room Tip: End unit is better than center ones near elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Plantation
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Spinnaker Resorts are very nice and clean. Great friendly service. We stayed for 5 nights and had a fantastic time. It is very close to great restaurants and stores. Bring or rent a bicycle, they have excellent bike trails.

Room Tip: Bring your camera. Great location, close to golf courses.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We have been owners for 7 years....staying at water side for the last 7 years. Furniture is beginning to look worn out...needs to be replaced. While we were there they decided to re-build the whole area housing the outdoor grills located at the main pool. Why they decided to do this during the busy summer month of June was not a good decision. People were waiting in line every night to use the grills to cook their dinner!!! The good news is we traded our unit for a newer more updated place Blue Water Resort. I would highly recommend folks taking a hard look at Blue Water

Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Excellent location - short walk to beach, shopping & restaurants. Great pool area for kids. Units are nice and roomy but need updating. Reject any offer for their sales pitch - $40 gift cert isn't worth the aggravation of salespeople who don't take NO as an answer.

I had a 1 BR unit - No shelf for shampoo in shower? Good grief, go to DollarTree and buy a rack to go over the shower head! Take the old clunky TV in BR & the armoire it's in and mount a flatscreen on the wall with a decent dresser below.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

What a wonderful resort to relax and enjoy life. Everything nearby-restaurants, ocean, shopping and golf course 5 minutes away. Very friendly and efficient staff. Definitely 5 star! A vacation to look forward to.

• Stayed May 2014
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

While the beach was wonderful and I adore the area, the room I checked into was completely vile. There was hair EVERYWHERE. It was all over the shower, the floors, the beds, even. Very nasty, I could not enjoy a bit of that room.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Waterside by Spinnaker Resorts? Share your experiences!