We came here to use our Hilton Head Grand Vacation points, and this was one of the Gold Crown RCI choices. I had read some negative reviews AFTER we had booked, so was a little tentative about coming here. Also, I had called earlier in the month to ask about our room, and the woman on the phone was almost " cold", so even more apprehensive about the upcoming stay. We were put in building 5800, and our room had been recently updated, I believe, as it had amore recent style decor than the pictures on their website. The pictures showed blue and plaid, almost 1980's style, but our unit was decorated in maroon, green,tans and browns, so more nature colors, more recent styles. The furnishings and carpeting were really very clean and not worn at all, so it led me to believe it had been fairly newly updated and also recently painted. Quite comfortable, very small but well stocked full kitchen for a time share, ( we only booked a one bedroom unit so were on side B of the units, so probably why the kitchen floor space so small) . The bedroom's king bed/ mattress and pillows were quite comfortable. Usually I have a hard time sleeping at hotels/resorts as the mattress is too firm, not firm enough, etc, but this one was just right. The time of year made alot of the "activities" that are normally going on at the resort stopped, so that was a little disappointing, but since it was our first time to Hilton Head, we really wanted to get out and see the island, anyway. One more armchair for the living room would have also been nice, as I ended up bringing in a chair from the patio to use, as I didn't want to lay on the couch, and sitting on it to watch the TV at night had my neck turned too much with a neck disc problem. The one arm chair there was really quite comfortable, but my husband usually used that one while he searched the computer for places to eat/see. Still, all in all, a comfortable unit, clean, well maintained, near several great restaurants (RedFish, A Lowcountry Backyard were both great), near Coligny Crossing for some fun shopping and bakery, very near the Harris Teeters grocery store and Walgreens, as well as the ocean withing walking distance and so we had pretty much everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The on-site staff at the check-in desk were pleasant and able to answer any of our questions about the area.
- Also Known As:
- Waterside By Spinnaker Hotel
- Waterside By Spinnaker Hotel Hilton Head
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fulfill your leisure desires and access all island activities from the preserved setting of this vacation resort just two blocks from the beach. Waterside timeshare resort features one of the largest aquatic facilities on Hilton Head Island and is also 2 blocks from the Atlantic Ocean. Walk to the beach or hop on the shuttle. Dry off long enough to enjo golf, tennis and proximity to beach restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Waterside by Spinnaker Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.