“Unfair treatment” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hartsville
Chicago, Illinois
“Unfair treatment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

On the 10th of February my mom passed away. I live in Chicago so I had to travel south. Since I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past I decided this time would be good for my wife and daughter who was traveling by air on the 15th, to return home on Sunday. Day after the service on the16th. The 14th I Went to this Landmark Inn to reserve a room for 2 nights, 15-16. I returned on the 15th prior to my wife's arrival where I was met by the general manager who several times reminded me of that fact, that I had reserved an extra night,the 14th. After explaining that a mistake was made she insisted this notion was so. She would not contact the lady who assisted me with the reservation. She simply insisted that it was so. I had on this occasion referred family from Philadelphia, Washington and 2 Families from Chicago. But, she continued to insist I reserved the 3rd day. When there was a simple adjustment that could have been made,to either speak to the employee or make the change she refused both. She was insensitive to what was being said. As an employee who deal with the public she in her own glory,simply didn't care. On top of the pressing events,she cared not and I will never stay in this mediocre space again. Her position was uncalled for. If not for my families presence,the place that's falling in would have been vacant. Be very careful if you decide to stay there. There are better hotels on the strip. Have yet to find if this place even has corporate offices.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
guptfea, General Manager at The Landmark Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are very sorry for the loss of your mother, and that you found your stay with us unsatisfactory. According to our policies, a guest who has checked in for the night must be charged for the room. The room is there for the guest to come and go as he or she pleases. When a guest checks in, documents are signed in which guests agree to the payment. When payment is received, a receipt is given if requested. We do not charge a guest for making a reservation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sumter, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I highly recommend the Landmark Inn in Hartsville, SC. The staff is efficient and cordial, room was clean and in good repair, continental breakfast provided a variety of options (fruit, yogurt, waffles, hot and cold cereal) and the grounds have great curb appeal. The area is close to where you need to be (about 8-9 minutes to hospital, 1 1/2 minutes to walmart, maybe 5 or so minutes to most restaurants) yet very quiet and peaceful. I didn't realize it at the time but they allow PETS!! The quality of the room and staff rivals the more expensive counterparts in the area and I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
So glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank You for the feedback!
sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed 1 night here after visiting my daughter at the Governors School in Hartsville. It is an older hotel, the rooms are a little dated but immaculately clean and comfortable. The clerk suggested that I take an inside courtyard room which is visible from the office, since I was a woman traveling alone. Great location and I felt perfectly safe. The Landmark was 40 dollars less than the Fairfield Inn which is located directly in town and the Landmark is only about 3 minutes from downtown. Not sure if they offer breakfast. The clerk did not mention breakfast although I read another review about breakfast and coffee. The only coffee I saw was 1 pack of decaf in my room which I did not brew...need some caffeine to get moving!

Room Tip: Inside courtyard around the pool is very well lit.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hartsville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

What a nice local motel. Called to make the reservation and the person who took it was so pleasant. When we decided to stay two days, just gave them a ring and it was taken care of. The bed was very comfortable and very quiet. We did not have the breakfast since we are on low carb, but the coffee was very good. The motel is old, but very clean. If you are in Hartville, give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Poway, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We were in the area on a genealogy adventure and were forced to stay here because the "nice" hotels were all full. To say the least we were pleasantly surprised. The room was quiet, the bed was very comfortable, the staff was outstanding and breakfast was excellent. The hotel is physically dated but overall our experience was equal to that in hotels costing as much as $200 a night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at the Landmark Inn, earlier this week, and it very different than I had imagined, because I stay in hotels and motels almost every week, due to the type of work I do, so I figured that it was just another night in an old motel, but in fact I was suprised by how nice the room was, for it being an older hotel, that was under renovation, and their bed was the most comfortable bed that I've ever slept in! I asked the owner about how I could get a bed that comfortable at home, and he was more than nice enought to tell me what kind of bed it was, and where I could even get it from! He informed me that they had recently added the beds, and that they're remodeling the whole hotel and expects to be complete by summer! I l look forward to having another job in their area again, and to obtaining a bed like the ones they have at home, so I sleep as well at home as I can, when staying there! Lol

• Stayed March 2012
Lithonia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I Have stay at this hotel many times and I just decide to write a review. I live in georgia now I am from Hatsville everytime me and my husband come down we stay here. The price is reasonable and the staff are excellent the rooms are clean we had no problems. The lobby is huge and the customer service was excellent thanks leslie and barbara for a wonderful stay, I will recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: On the back side are quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!