“Outstanding staff to meet all your needs!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Weekly Rates Available
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hartsville
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Outstanding staff to meet all your needs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

On our way to Florida and stopped in quaint historic Hartsville and had the pleasure of staying several nights at the Landmark Inn. The rooms were clean and the beds are amazing! Best of all was how warm and friendly the staff was and how perfectly the hotel grounds were kept. The beds are memory foam and were a pleasure to sleep on. We also visited many lovely attractions close by. Best experience ever on a stop over to Florida.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Crystal River, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I am an employee fo Progress Energy, I live in Florida and I am here working out of town. I checked into the Landmark 5 weeks ago, and still have 4 more weeks to go. When I got to my room, I could not beleive how nice the room was. It was very clean, there was plenty of fresh towels, wash rags, hand towels. There was plenty of information about the city of Hartsville and Florence. The personnel of the Landmark Team from the Manager to the Cleaning Crew, have went beyond their duties to make my stay here a prefect one. I will stay at the Landmark when I return in the fall next year, without any question. My wife and I would like to thank you for the job that you have done to make our stay a great one. Earl Boleware

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The Landmark Inn was recommended by my contract firm. Since I will be "living" in a motel for 2 years I went on their recommendation. I am so glad I didn't read all the reviews that were submitted previous to the family taking back the management of the Inn. I found the staff extremely cordial and helpful. My bed is better than my Sterns and Foster I have at home in Arizona. The breakfast bar has both comfort and healthy food. The housekeeping staff treat the rooms as if they were a guest. Anytime I needed anything the front desk, maiantenance and housekeeping staff, were right on it. All of the comments from the guests who stayed at the Landmark prior to the Redfern/Gupton famiily taking back the reigns were probably true. Unfortunately, it take a lot of attaboys to over ride the negative concepts. The Landmark is my home for two years and I wouldn't live in substandard quarters.

Room Tip: The Inn has free long distance service and Wi-Fi. Also there is a computer in the lobby for guests...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed at the Landmark for the second time in 3 months. I was very hesitant the first time because of the awful reviews but the price was right. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was spotless and renovated, it was very quite. Our second stay last week was more of the same. I will always stay here when visiting my son at Coker college.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I chose to stay at the Landmark Inn after I read the RECENT reviews (you have to go by the reviews in 2011) on Tripadvisor, against the advice of my friends who live there. They told me that it was horrible and dirty but it was the exact OPPOSITE! The Landmark has been, and is still in the process of, being renovated. You can tell that the buildings have been there for some time...and you can tell that it was probably beat down in the past. But the renovations have it clean and quite comfortable. I stayed in room 108 where the carpet was brand new (cant tell you how important that is to me), mattresses were new and very comfortable, linen looked new, new microwave, new fridge...everything was clean and nice. The rates are great and I even got the senior rate at age 58. Also plenty of free parking and free internet (it was fast, too).

I called the inn to make my reservations and spoke to Leslie, who was as pleasant, helpful, and friendly as could be. (How many times do you look forward to meeting the person who made your reservations?) On the phone with her and in person I felt as if I had known her for years. I also met Barbara there who was just as friendly and helpful.

Not sure about the continental breakfast because I never get up and out in time for that. But I did find coffee, granola type bars, and fruit in the lobby. I did, however, take a peek at the dining area and it is quite nice. The lobby is also very nice and looks very comfortable. There is a very nice outdoor pool with pool furniture all around.

Dont get me wrong...this is NOT upscale. Personally I like hotels, not motels with the doors to the outside. But there aren't many choices in Hartsville and I think you may have to stay in Florence if you need upscale or hotels. It was more important for me to be close to my friends' house. I think the 'Inn' in the name threw me off because when I see 'Motel' I automatically know that the doors are outside...lol.

But it was very nice, clean, and convenient which is most important to me these days since I can no longer afford 'upscale' anyway.

Hey Leslie and Barbara...keep up the good work! Your 'Inn' is one of Hartsville's nicer 'Landmarks".

OH...LET'S NOT FORGET THIS..."NO BEDBUGS"!! THAT is the most important amenity of all!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Conyers, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was sceptical about my stay upon making the reservation because I had stayed at this hotel in the late 90's and the early 2000. We were in town for the Butler Heritage Festival and I must say the hotel was outstanding. From the time we checked in the customer service (thanks Leslie) was wonderful. The rooms had been recently renovated, were clean and fresh. The hotel lobby had fresh fruit everywhere as well as snack packs for the kids. The cleaning staff were friendly and kind. Would I stay here again? Yes, this would be my hotel of choice. Again thanks, much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My family and I stayed in one of the newly renovated suites! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! This hotel is under new management and they are working to improve the bad name the hotel had. They were remodeling rooms while we were there but we never heard any construction noises that were disturbing at all! The lobby was beautiful and tastefully decorated. The room had new carpet and super large bed. The bathroom was HUGE and the jacuzzi tub AWESOME! Everything was lovely and the staff was great. We will stay again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!