“Disgusting & Atrocious” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18116 Whyte Hardee Blvd., Hardeeville, SC 29927 (Formerly Clean Stay USA - Hardeeville)   |
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Hardeeville
Markstay, Canada
“Disgusting & Atrocious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I couldn't even spend a whole night there because of cockroaches & other bed bugs; see pictures of bites below. The room was filthy including the coffee machine, etc. & nothing was ever done about it when I called the front desk. To top it all, the owner didn't even seem to care when we checked out at 5am, even after showing him my bitten legs, telling him that I took pictures and that would report it to head office which I did as soon as I got a chance. We have traveled a lot in our lifetime and have never seen or stayed at such a hotel. I would never advise anyone to stay there. It's not even worth the advertised low price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hardeeville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I have been staying at the cCean Stay here in hardeeville for the last 2 weeks,I have personally stayed at several of the other hotels in town,,and I can honestly say this place is the best in town,,for the price and what they offer it s fair and yes,,the place is clean.
Also I want to add the staff here have been nothing but polite courtious,,to my son and myself,,I recommend if in hardeville,
Tony sr and jr-Basile

Room Tip: Just be yourself
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
elgin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

yes i do live here its the only thing i can afford is this place but its filthy, the staff does not clean your room everyday. they spray windex on the carpet to kill the odor when they clean your room. when you need assistance you cant depend on the operator at the front desk. take my advice stay away. and breakfast here is just waffles, peanut butter and jelly .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Morristown, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I get ill just thinking about it. Nasty! Hair in the tub. Roaches climbing up the wall. Cracked window so dirty you could not see outside. They would not refund our money. We ended up sleeping fully clothed on our beach towels, no shower! We left at daylight,very tired. I cannot believe the Georgia Health department allows them to stay open.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
BLAYNE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I chose this place simply for price. I have 3 kids and we were going to spend the day at the beach so we just needed a place to sleep. I have friends about 3 mi. from here. On the second night the phone was ringing at midnight. A man kept asking if he had the right room--he was using my last name--I kept saying yes and he hung up. He called back immediately and said he was coming over to "hook up" because he knew I didn't have a man there. I tried to fake it and say my husband was in the shower. He just kept saying he was coming over. I had a sliding glass door in the room and was scared he might break in that way. I called my friends to my rescue. I woke 3 kids and when my friends got there we ran outside and left that place. I returned the next morning to complain to the manager and he said it was impossible for anyone to know my last name because they do not give out names---This man used my last name. I packed my stuff and stayed with my friends for the remainder of the week. I will never stay here again and my kids still get mad when they think about it. It's a shame a woman can't go on vacation with her kids without being harassed! I learned a great lesson.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Williamsburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

After booking in I traveled around back of place with my truck hauling a car on a car hauler both loaded as we were travelling from Canada to Florida. There was garbage all over back of property. Looked as if it was under major renovations. Also there seemed to be permentant residence there that seemed scary. Upon opening the room door we were met with a huge stain on the floor-cable for T.V. had wire coming directly out of wall with no cover. Bedding and Mattrees was stained. My wife refused to say for safety and clean reasons so we went back to get our money back. They refused and we went across street and stayed. Learnt lesson-check room before paying. Better change Name-Clean Stay USA. I sure would not use facilities again nor recommend them. Signed, Paid to learn a lesson.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

very nice and clean independent motel. low rates in the exit and even cleaner than quality inn and sleep inn on the exit. recommended and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!