“Delicious Chicken” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Sanford, Florida
“Delicious Chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped because we saw their name on the freeway sign. When we drove up, it was kind of a shack. Undaunted, and driven by the aroma, we entered. Great move on our part, as the chicken was some of the best I have ever eaten. They also had bar-b-que, though we had the fried chicken. We also had the green beans and mashed potatoes which were both made from scratch.

I hope to never miss this place on our way north or south on Rt 95. It was amazing!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

73% Recommend
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Wow, diamond in a rut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Food is very tasteful. Ordered the BBQ Ribs plates with two sides (potato salad and cal lord green). Green was cook with out any meat and it was very tasty. Even though, this little restaurant is not a 5 star, the food and the A rating given to the owner speaks loudly to the quality of the food being produce there.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“BBQ aroma pulled us in!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The barbeque aroma drifted toward us when we stopped to refuel. Smelled so good that we HAD to get some BBQ. The sauce was wonderful and the smoky flavor of the BBQ was fantastic. However, I ordered a chopped plate and there was a lot of fat and skin and stuff that wasn't tasty to eat chopped up in there with my BBQ. Probably half of my "meat" was inedible. What was there was so, so good, though. My hubby ordered the fried shrimp and they were awesome!!! The slaw and hushpuppies were good as well and the macaroni and cheese was really tasty. The baked beans were straight from the can, not even hot, I didn't do more than taste them. Hubby also had a crab cake that was only "ok," in his opinion. Definately would have rated it higher had I had more meat and less "extra" considering the price of a plate of BBQ.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Anderson, South Carolina
“Food cooked fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The place looks like a shack, but don't let that keep you away. Chicken Lickin' is located right off exit 5 on I-95. There is limited seating inside, but if the weather is nice you can sit outside. I ordered fried chicken, macaroni & cheese and dirty rice. My hubby ordered low country boil. Be prepared to wait as the chicken and low country boil are cooked to order. The fried chicken was crispy, not greasy and juicy. The mac & cheese was good - very cheesy - and the dirty rice was good. Neither of these were from a box. One caveat on the low country boil, it is very spicy. My hubby ate every bite. We were surprised as there were over a dozen shrimp in it. I would eat here again and recommend it to you if you're ever in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Hill, Virginia
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Real down home cooking. No phony stuff here. The food was fresh and delicious. The lady cooking and serving was very nice.I highly recommend this place.

Visited January 2013