“I thought it was very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hampton

Days Inn Hampton
You added Days Inn Hampton to your Saves list
Days Inn Hampton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1235 Elm Street West, Hwy 278 & Elm Street, Hampton, SC 29924   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hampton
Orlando, Florida
“I thought it was very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here the weekend of June 8-10th 2012.. For a family wedding. I thought it was great. The staff at the front desk very polite, friendly and helpful. I had a room with a huge(and I mean huge) king size bed and at least 1/2 a dozen pilllows. TV, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, iron and boared, and frig. the water was plenty hot. Everything was clean. I stayed 2 nights as did other family mrmbers. We met the morning after the wedding for breakfast. Simple but good. My only complaint and its not even the hotels fault. Because of the area the hotel is in, there was no cell phone service.

Room Tip: They have both smoking and non smoke rooms. I got non. I asked for one bed and got a huge king size...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was photographing a wedding in this area and didn't have much choice in accomodations. When first making reservations, I asked if they would allow me to bring a kitten with me. They said no (which is fine), so I got someone to look after the kitten. When checking in, the hotel asked if I made other accomodations for the kitten and I assured them I had. I got my bags and equpment in and went out for a quick lunch. When I returned, I saw a maintenance guy come out of my room. I immediately went to the desk and asked what he was doing in there. They said he was there to replace the tissue holder in the bathroom. But having been in the bathroom before I stepped out, there was nothing wrong with the tissue holder. I went back into my room and the tissue holder didn't look new or unused. I had about $15K of photography/video equipment in that room and was not happy with this unasked for intrusion. I had not reported any problems to the office.

The room had a strong chemical odor to it. It was being masked by some kind of citrus scent. It was over powering at first. I had to run the AC on full fan to eliminate it some, but it remained pervasive.

I will give the hotel credit for having a clean room, but that experience and the smell completely ruined the stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Only name brand hotel in town. Lots of big fat pillows. Breakfast not so good. Eat at Huddle House.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, but only smoke outside, you still have to have a smoking room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed at this Days Inn back in 2008 and unfortunately the quality is not the same. Last time I remember being impressed by this small hotel in the small town of Hampton. Now, age and perhaps lack of cleaning detail in the rooms is starting to show. The bed was fine however the wireless internet was sketchy. Got a lovely surprise when I went to make coffee - a four legged little critter had beat me to the coffee service pack. Nibbled open, the mouse stole all the sugar and creamer! Ten bucks says he or she got in through the warped doors which seems to encompass most of the exterior room doors. Will I be back - nope.

Room Tip: Call ahead and they will quote a lower price than on the internet - but don't expect to get it o...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Brenham, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed here on business trips a couple of times. Front desk is always very freindly. Rooms very clean. Great breakfast. Some of the best coffee.
We had one problem when we first got there late evening. The hot water was not hot at all. Called down to front desk to find out why. They had it fixed with in a half hour.
Really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed March 2011
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Words cannot express how nice this stay was for us. We were in town for a family gathering and we had 6 rooms booked for the family. The rooms were very clean, it smelled so good, the sheets smelled so good that you would just drift off to sleep. We will recommend this to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is a very nice motel. Great customer service! Room was very clean. Could smell how clean it was when I first opened the room door. Room had all amenities that you would need. Fridge, microwave, iron & ironing board, etc. Bed was very comfortable. I felt safe at the Days Inn. The area that it is located in quiet. There is a couple of restaurants & grocery stores in the area also. King room rate was very affordable. I would recommend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Hampton? Share your experiences!