We have stopped here to look around many times in passing. My wife and I decided we had to stop and stay at least once in our lifetime! Returning from a vacation in Florida to upstate New York. The front desk clerk was very nice and for whatever reason upgraded us to a two-room king suite. It was retro and decorated with a Mexican flair, but very nice. All the creature comforts: 2 full baths, 2 tv's, micorwave, frig. Separate heat controls in each room was nice! Being able to back your car right up to 3 steps from your room's front door under a carport was a big plus! No wheeling a luggage cart across a big parking lot and into an elevator. The pool was very nice! Disappointed that the elevator in the Hat Tower was out of order. Our AARP rate came to $55 including tax. What a bargain! We had breakfast at Pedro's diner before heading out. Good food and service.
- Also Known As:
- South Of The Border Hotel Hamer
- South Of The Border Hamer
- South Of The Border Motor Hotel
- South Of The Border Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A motor inn conveniently located close to South of the Border. ... more less