“My new favorite place to eat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 129 Restaurants in Greer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“My new favorite place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is exactly the kind of place I love to go to when on vacation. A place where the locals go because the food and service are great. A place where most people would pass by because of the outside appearance. But it's what's on the inside that counts! I discovered this restaurant using tripadvisor, just looking for something different. Even though I live in Greer, I didn't even know it was here. I will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greenville, South Carolina
“Like Mom's cooking (if your Mom could cook)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My wife and I just discovered Peggy's Diner #2 on Highway 101, even though it's only a couple miles from where we live. We've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there, and all three featured examples of "comfort food" at its southern-inspired best. Standout items included fried chicken, rice & gravy, hush puppies, grits, country ham, sweet tea, and a club sandwich with fresh roasted turkey (not pressed deli meat). That's only about one-tenth of the items on the menu at any given time, so we're eager to try more on future visits. Service is attentive and friendly, and prices are low (bill for two incl. tip well under $20 for all meals). The decor isn't much (unless you really like chickens) but restaurant is clean and the food is delicious and a great value for the money. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Taylors, SC
“Best Breakfast in the Upstate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

Peggys by far has the most amazing southern style breakfast in the Upstate! Everything is always cooked correctly to our order... at other restaurants we usually send our eggs back at least once, but never here! The price is so low for all of the food you get! My husband and I love that we can both eat a delicious hearty breakfast here for ten dollars! You cant even do that at fast food places anymore. Try it... you'll be hooked.

Greer SC
“Home Cookin' at it's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

We relocated from Florida to the upstate and couldn't wait to try some, local, real home cooking. In the middle of a mainly residential area, was this charming diner.

The choices are incredible, including home made corn bread and biscuits, fried chicken, fish and a wonderful sliced ham dinner. The service is always friendly no matter how busy they are. Peggy always shouts a "hey" no matter what she's in the middle of. The waitresses, especially Sarah really make you feel welcome and as though they've know you forever.

Pegg's Diner #2 is truly a Diamond in the rough!!!! Great breakfast, lunch and dinner

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“if good home cookin is what you love...this is the place for you, it doesn't get much better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007