“Don't order pizza!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
SouthCarolina
“Don't order pizza!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ordered a thin crust cheese pizza which was served with a burned crust. We could not eat! I asked about the black covered bottom of the pizza and was told that is how it is served. So be warned. Don't get a thin crust unless you want it burned beyond eating. Also, the time listed on the door is not necessarly the time opened.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Seriously excellent food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite place to eat in Greer. I always steer visiting guests there when I can. The wait staff is nice, though not great, but it's the food I love.

The calzones rock, and I love the Kirsten (or is it Kristen?) manicotti, with pink sauce. Try the zucchini appetizer. And the calamari is also good. We took my dad when he visited us, and he liked the pizza. He thought the rolls they brought out had too much garlic, but I like them.

Overall a great night out every time we go. Except that I always forget they are closed on Monday, so I get disappointed sometimes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not half-bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've eaten here twice. The first time was for a custom-ordered cheese-steak. Service was great and the waitress attentive. The cheese-steak was really tasty and met my expectations. The place was busy, but everyone was friendly and made sure I was taken care of.

The second time was different. I had the pasta fagoli and a slice of the stuffed pizza. The pasta fagoli wasn't too bad, but wasn't served with any cheese. I've never had it without a dish or shaker of cheese being offered. Just a minor point. Then the stuffed pizza was presented and the waitress told me it was fresh from the oven. I cut a small piece and carefully put it to my lips so not to get burned - it was barely warm. Several spots were down right cold. I think they must have waved it at the oven, not actually placed it inside. What disappointed me most was that even cold, it was pretty greasy. Getting beyond that - the flavor was good. They had six tables going with about 10 people in the place, but getting my order taken, checking back with me, and getting my bill all took forever. The manager (older lady) was too busy talking with just one guy. In fact, she and the other waitress just sat there talking with this guy almost the whole time I was there. My waitress was left to help everyone else. I am told this is a family business. If that older lady is a family member - she needs to get off her butt and make sure the customers are taken care of.

I'll go back in a while and try their dinner menu and see if there is any improvement.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greer, South Carolina
“BEST PIZZA IN THE UPSTATE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

ive lived in the upstate for 14 years and there is no better pizza then dellaventuras. get it extra crispy its great !

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Lasagna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of my favorites. Their lasagna is great! Served with hot bread and salad - Mmmm.
The service is good and they have good sized portions. I am always happy eating there as long as I don't have the table under the ceiling fan. With the light above it, its like eating under a strobe light. Not to worry there are plenty of other places to sit.

• Visited December 2012