“In need of a makeover...bad” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Greer
Fayetteville, NC
“In need of a makeover...bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I booked this room for my Family, as my husband works out of Greer and we travel there often to visit him. I will not be staying at this location again. It is in a decent area of town, with plenty of food and shopping options. However, the hotel itself was way out of date and in need of a good scrubbing. We stayed in a smoking room that had obviously not been cleaned in quite a while. There were cobwebs hanging in the corners of the ceiling. Also, there were plenty of ashes in the bathroom all over the floor as if no one had cleaned the room between the previous guest and our arrival. I am sorry, but Also, the bathroom was painfully small. The door opened into the bathroom with difficulty, you had to shove it past the toilet seat as it would get stuck due to the tight space. So besides the door not opening and closing easily, and the obvious dirt the room served its purpose. We were only staying for one night. We had a sound sleep, and the heat worked well. However I will not stay here again. I will commute to Greenville next time and try my luck somewhere else. I must admit I did not read some of the other reviews prior to booking this room, if I would have, I would not had chose to stay their. This hotel is worth $39.99 per night versus the $65.00 that I paid!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My significant other and I were guests at this Quality Inn (SC153) last weekend. Our arrival was 8/10/12 and departure was 8/12/12. When we arrived August 10, 2012, Friday evening, we checked in and went to our room. Although it was a "non-smoking room" the first thing we noticed is that it absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. We did not report that because we found that the room was clean and hoped the smell would dissipate. After putting our belongings away, we left to spend the evening with friends. We arrived back at about 10:30pm, and I sat down in the chair at the table. I fell through the chair--it was broken, but had been arranged to look as if it was not. I could not help thinking that the housekeeping person should have noticed this while vacuuming and cleaning the room prior to our visit. My guess is that the furniture was not moved during the cleaning. The next morning, Saturday, August 11, 2012, at about 9:30 am we reported the broken chair to the front desk.

A few minutes later, at 9:45am) as we were preparing to leave for the day, I noticed the housekeeping person in the room next to ours. I asked if we should keep the door open, but she said no and that she would be at our room next. We left and did not return to the hotel until 11pm. The chair had been replaced with a solidly good one, but the room had never been made up, and there were no clean towels. I went to the front desk, and was given two towels because that was all they had. I was told that the housekeeping person reported that the "do not disturb card" was in the door and that is why she did not clean our room. That is a blatant lie! Even the person who replaced the broken chair could attest to the fact that the card was NOT there when he/she brought the new chair. In fact, we had left the card on the round table in the room prior to our leaving. I proceeded to clean the bathroom area and straightened out the bed.
When we checked out the following morning, August 12, 2012, I explained to Lina at the front desk, how unhappy we were with the stay and the housekeeping staff. We asked if we could be compensated in a one night's discount off our bill for our inconvenience. Lina told us that she was not authorized to do that but that she would notify the owners, Mr. Raj and Mr. Jack Desai, who were unavailable, and that they would contact me on Monday morning. By the way, the room never stopped stinking of cigarette smoke. In fact, while we were packing to leave, we noticed that the doors of the rooms adjacent to ours were ajar, Rooms 114 and 116, and the people in there (although the No Smoking sign was on their doors) all smoking inside the rooms.
Neither owner contacted me on Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday. I sent them an email, similar to this review and asked for compensation. I also posted this review on the Choice Hotel Facebook page. A representative of Choice Hotels contacted me and explained that this hotel was privately owned and Choice could not process a refund; in addition, if the owner would not respond withing 72 hours that Choice would offer me points equivalent to a one night stay. I finally heard from Mr. Desai the following week. He told me that his housekeeper would not lie about the "do not disturb" in the door (and she most certainly did!!!) and that he would offer me a 10% refund as a good-will measure. Oh, and he asked me to remove my comments from the Choice Facebook page. As a good-will measure back to him, I did remove the Facebook comments, but I did not feel that 10% was a fair monetary adjustment, so I have disputed the charge on my credit card bill. Still waiting for that resolution.

Room Tip: Stay away!!! This place was disgusting. Friends of ours stayed in five different rooms, and report...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Room was clean and adequate but staff not the best. I returned to my room one evening to find my sheets piled in a heap on the floor in the middle of the room. It is understandable that they could have been forgotten HOWEVER - when I took them to the front dest the woman told me to just take them back and leave them in my room and they would be picked up the next day. She was the only problem I had at the hotel. She was not very helpful with other questions and was often not at the desk but outside smoking, sometimes with a friend. The rest of the staff was apologetic when I told them in the morning although there was no effort to offer me more than a verbal apology. Even though it was clean, just a little old, and a good price I don't think I'd say there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Marion IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was good value except it was prom night in the area and lots of high school kids a little on the loud side in the hallway very late. Wasn't aware high school age kids could rent a motel room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The group of choice hotels needs to listen to their franchises and their customers and bring back the usa today newspaper. Most owners/managers of the properties state that they throw away almost all of the wall street journal papers. They said they were told by Choice to stop the usa and start the journal. I haven't talked to any other guests that actually read the journal. They all want the usa today brought back. Don't know whose bright idea it was(actual quote from the owner) to switch papers, but nobody likes it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
greer, s.c.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I saw bugs in my room--one was a roach. Took one of the bugs to the front desk--their excuse was that bugs come in when it was cold out and they could do nothing about it. I could not catch the roach. My clothes smelled musty after my stay. The clerk at the front desk said that there had been an Indian wedding there the week before and that the people were dirty. Horrible excuse. Had to throw my clothes away. I have tried several times to have the manager contact me and resolve this matter and I have had no response. Staying there is a memory that I want to forget!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We've stayed here many times for over 6 years - very friendly staff at the front desk and good breakfast. We stay in the same large room in the back of the property. Its continually gotten worse each year but still a convenient place to stay. THIS TIME it was terrible! A constant flow of traffic in the parking lot late at night (they must be selling something or just killing time at 2am). Loud noisy trucks coming and going. Very poorly lite at night with lots of trash everywhere. The type of people staying in that section of the Inn were scary, noisy, rowdy and stayed up all night. A baseball game at 3am was too much to take. We spent 3 terrifying nights at the Inn - left and will never be back. We understand that business needs to cater to all types of people - but please - keep the low lives out of public places and away from your guests. Ugh! Never again

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!