“Half worth the money....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Greenwood

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Greenwood to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Greenwood
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Birchtree Drive, Highway 25 and 178, Greenwood, SC 29649   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Greenwood
richmond, Virginia, USA
“Half worth the money....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

the hotel is new it looks nice the people are really nice.....however I do have some complaints. the breakfast was sorry, no bacon or saugage, not even a boiled egg. very few choices for breakfast. the hot tub was cold.....the double beds are very small a little bit wider than a twin bed 2 can not sleep comfortably.....my next stay will be in @ the hampton

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Porters Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Spent two weeks at this hotel on a business trip and it was your typical Holiday Inn Express. Staff weren't the greatest when it came to service or attention to detail. Outside of hotel was clean and well maintained, inside was okay as well. Rooms we're alright but very cramped, I had two double beds and asked for a room with a King and a work area, some were available but they wouldn't move me. Beds weren't the most comfortable either, comforter was thin, not warm at all. I was on the first floor and the windows couldn't be covered, just a thin white drape. Had to use another sheet to cover window at night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions for business and the rooms were fairly standard. The breakfast buffet was also average--fruit cups, yogurt, cereals and a hot dish of the day, like biscuits with sausage gravy. What stood out was the staff, however. I arrived super early at 8am (check in wasn't till 3pm) praying they'd have a room ready because I wanted to freshen up before starting what would be a long day. Dawn was extremely helpful and accommodating and upgraded me to a suite immediately. During another stay (and I regret that I didn't get her name), the front desk person went over and above when I forgot to bring some info needed to get a discounted room. Meagan, who was working in the breakfast area, also bent over backwards to make sure I had what I needed and wanted. One thing that would be great to add is a printer in the business center. There are computers but documents must be picked up at the front desk and there's a cost if it's more than a few pages. I travel a good bit and enjoy higher-end hotels when I can afford it but sometimes it's the people that make all the difference in the world!

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Ormond Beach FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed here in 7/09 for one night & for the $100+ we paid, we'd not stay there again. The check in clerk did up grade us to a suite where we has gnats & a couple of flies buzzing around our faces & one BEEG cockroach that I killed on the wall & left the body where it fell under the chair. And the a/c ran loudly all night long !
The room was OLD, & the check in area was redone sort of like an old mail wearing a new face, as many motels are now like this. All new facade front where you check in & the rooms are really old.
The breakfast was quite good for a freebie !
We could not recommend this motel for this price !

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
upstate sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

Had to get extra towels, only 2 in the room, had to get extra toilet paper, and there was a used wash cloth left in our shower from the previous guest, GROSS ...I guess the cleaning crew had better things to do that to clean the rooms properly . When they ran out of omelets the next morning around 9:30, they refused to make more...My 7 year old was very disappointed. Compared to other hotels in the area, they were rather pricey. I mean, c-mon, it's Greenwood, SC, not Atlanta!! I would sleep in my car before I stay there again!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Transylvania County, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Now, just where to begin. First of all, I had reserved 2 rooms. I was told there was only one room under my name. I insisted there were 2 rooms, of course, the front desk clerk didn't believe me, which, I found out later, was the norm at this hotel. Guests are liars. It seemed only my insistance forced her to look for the other room. Lo and behold, she found it! Right there with the key to the other room. I went up to the room, after waiting forever for the elevator in this 2 story hotel. I walked over to the coffee maker. It still had coffee from before in it. I don't know how long before, though. The bathroom was another story. THERE WAS NO TOILET PAPER. BOTH rolls were empty. This was true of BOTH of our rooms. We had to go "get our own". There was a dirty washcloth in the tub in the other room. My room also had a dirty washcloth, but it was "packaged" as a clean one, meaning it was wrapped up real fancy in a hand towel hanging from the tub.

Now, about the breakfast. The hotel was FULL. I don't think anyone bothered to tell the kitchen staff. They ran out of all the "hot items" that Holiday Inn Expresses are supposed to have. There were very few muffins, some cinnamon rolls, and the juice was weak. They ran out of omelets. They refused to fix anymore, this was about 8:45. I think breakfast lasts until 9:30 or so. To not fix anymore when there was such a huge crowd was JUST PLAIN LAZINESS, or, AN I JUST DON'T CARE ATTITUDE. I got this impression from this hotel. When I went to check out, I told the "HEAD HOUSEKEEPER" about the problems with the room. Do you think she apologized? NO!! She just kept saying over and over "I don't believe it"!. Well that made me really want to stay there again-NOT!!!! This is a warning to anyone thinking of booking this hotel-enter at your own risk!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2008

We were on our way from Michigan to Florida and this was the second overnight stop. We had my father with us, so stops were more frequent and longer ...

This hotel changed our room so that we could be on the ground level ... my father was looking forward to using their pool, which unfortunately was outside, and it was borderline too cool to use it as it had not been heated yet.
Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast.

• Liked — microwave and oven in room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greenwood? Share your experiences!